All About Watches

Breguet Marine or Classique Chronograph? They're available at that number.

The IWC Spitfire Chronograph comes in bronze and there are versions with a brown or blue dial.
1813539.png.transform.global_image_png_320.png

1529573.png.transform.global_image_png_320.png

1530791.png.transform.global_image_png_320.png

Breguet Marine or Classique Chronograph? They're available at that number.

The IWC Spitfire Chronograph comes in bronze and there are versions with a brown or blue dial.
1813539.png.transform.global_image_png_320.png

1529573.png.transform.global_image_png_320.png

1530791.png.transform.global_image_png_320.png

I already own an IWC, my late fathers Spitfire. I tried on the brown IWC above last summer and, unfortunately wasn't impressed.

I''ll take a look at the Breguet.

There are quite a number of color combos as well. Ive always been partial to the one i posted since i owned it.

It looks very nice in white. White dials on sports watches don't get a lot of love for some reason. I have a white milgauss which is seen as something of an ugly duckling.

They seem very popular with Asians, last year in Venice I've seen almost a dozen guys wearing one. Always had an eye on it until I tried it, too big. 42mm wide and 14mm high which doesn't fit the very elegant design and it looks off under a shirt.

They seem very popular with Asians, last year in Venice I've seen almost a dozen guys wearing one. Always had an eye on it until I tried it, too big. 42mm wide and 14mm high which doesn't fit the very elegant design and it looks off under a shirt.

Which watch are you referring to here?

Right, is that because you think it just too big, or that it doesn't fit small wrists well (presuming that the asians mentioned had small wrists)

Both actually. It looked too big in general and comically on most Asians. From my observation they are a popular starter watch but people notice they are too big after a short while and sell them. Used ones going for under 8k while new ones are over 12k€ seems a testament to that.

An older model, but still a great price. Check the wristshots to see what I mean.

Right I see your point. I don't mind the height, my Milgauss and GMT have thick cases and I can have my shirts cut so that the cuff goes comfortably over the watch. It does look rather big on the wrist though.

Perhaps, Rambo can give us a wrist shot.

Right I see your point. I don't mind the height, my Milgauss and GMT have thick cases and I can have my shirts cut so that the cuff goes comfortably over the watch. It does look rather big on the wrist though.

Perhaps, Rambo can give us a wrist shot.
Sadly i sold all my high end watches many years ago.

C Master Chronograph

Yes I'm aware of both of those. I was rather taken by the JLC Master Control Chronograph 25 which had a sector dial. I thought it quite beautiful. I also like the 3 sub-dial one I think you're are referring to. One thing that makes me a little lairy (wary) of JLC is they have a reputation for tardy service. They do make some beautiful, elegant watches though.

Zenith, certainly have the history the El P. is one of the great movements, but they strike me as a tad overpriced. I'm sure I could negotiate a discount though.

The JLC and Zenith are definitely on my radar though.

Last edited:
It looked too big in general and comically on most Asians.
Check the wristshots to see what I mean.

Very nice-looking watch, but when the lugs extend out over the sides of the wrist like this, you know that a watch is too big:

14268756-11lrgrbvugfwliwlu8468sra-Zoom.jpg

A relative recently asked me to pick up a Zenith Chronomaster 2 for him so I could take a closer look. A nice watch but the look was too technical for the money. He knows his watches and has a nice collection but this choice suprised me a litte. Desipte being renowned for their decent finishing it wasn't punching above its weight/price.

If you don't mind German brands Glashütte Original have the Senator model whose dial is similar to the IWC. A store nearby carries them and I walk by every now and then, they have some nice designs with a bit of a 50s vibe thrown in but contmporary sizing.

they wear a bit large but honestly not that bad. the chrono is a bit sleeker in the smaller size though. still, the full size is a real beauty.

I do think they are gorgeous watches, don't misunderstand. But chunky as hell on the wrist.

NOW WE'RE TALKIN'
Excuse me, I thought you are talking about iwc and that the photo could contribute something. It will not happen again. By the way, I think that writing in capitals is equivalent to screaming ... I think this is a form of aggression, it is enough to say it, it is not necessary to scream ... I am hearing, thank you.

Excuse me, I thought you are talking about iwc and that the photo could contribute something. It will not happen again. By the way, I think that writing in capitals is equivalent to screaming ... I think this is a form of aggression, it is enough to say it, it is not necessary to scream ... I am hearing, thank you.

THANKS FOR YOUR FUCKING INPUT.

NOW, DO YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A CHRONOGRAPH?

Enrile Enrile - I think there is a cultural or linguistic misunderstanding. I am sure that Grand Potentate Grand Potentate really liked your picture. When he said, "Now we're talking!" he was being positive. The capital letters showed his enthusiasm, not anger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom