All About Watches

you ready for some navel gazing horseshit? get a load of this

you've got to read the blog post. its just a masterclass in ridiculous bullshit.

They've picked the wrong time to bring a limited edition, Decimal type-face, PVD coated, 8 day travel clock for the intrepid business traveler to the market at a mere $5,900!

I'm the son of immigrants who had to work restaurants retail because no one recognised their credentials or granted them bursaries after freshman year. They happen to be, on my father's side, first ones to have a university degree. Why do you associate me with hating the poor? I grew up in a multigenerational rental apartment.

Clipping coupons to only buy the bad guy action figures wasn't fun but I got past it and moved on.

You are clearly a member of the servant class, no need to explain it to everyone.

Last edited:
Actually i might be a CEO but that also has nothing to do with class or blood. You as slow as ever.
You're not and so long as you're not the upper class by employment or by birth then you're on the same level as the rest of us in the end.

You're not and so long as you're not the upper class by employment or by birth then you're on the same level as the rest of us in the end.

What does upper class by employment mean? Like Rian Taylor CEO of Huddersfield textiles:

E9F4A2F5-B9EA-4874-ABB8-F1633EF6A0E9.jpeg
C93E70D2-FD59-4CAE-8817-D44A420B69C9.jpeg
90597571-C485-4D7D-966A-648AF077600D.jpeg

Last edited:
you ready for some navel gazing horseshit? get a load of this

you've got to read the blog post. its just a masterclass in ridiculous bullshit.

‘Sold out’

If that’s true there are still gullible people with plenty of spare cash around,

Picked it up today, but the photos don't quite capture the blue of the hands and the silver of the Longines logo:

View attachment 34199

View attachment 34200

View attachment 34201

It's a decent clean looking watch. Not overstated, smart enough to wear going out, or as daily beater in the office.

They had the Heritage sector watch in blue in, does looks good.

Now that Omega has gone into Rolex price territory, in that €2000-€3000, it's hard to beat Longines if you're looking for something classical or heritage based. What else have you got? Frederique Constant?

That triple day date month is a fuck-off board meeting watch. A lot of punch packed for in the smaller size 38.5mm. The only thing with all that complications going on you'd need to wear in daily to keep everything up to date.
What kind of jv board exactly?

I just had a look on the Longines website and it appears that there are a couple of different versions - one with a diameter of 40mm and the other with a diameter of 42mm.

The 40mm model looks great. The 42mm model, presumably because of the larger diameter, has half a "3" visible beside the date window. I can understand that Longines thought it would look odd if there was too much empty space between the date window and the edge of the dial, but the cut-off "3" just looks silly to me:
longines-spirit-l3-811-4-53-9-2000x2000.png

The 40mm version looks much, much better:
longines-spirit-l3-810-4-53-9-2000x2000.png

I just had a look on the Longines website and it appears that there are a couple of different versions - one with a diameter of 40mm and the other with a diameter of 42mm.

The 40mm model looks great. The 42mm model, presumably because of the larger diameter, has half a "3" visible beside the date window. I can understand that Longines thought it would look odd if there was too much empty space between the date window and the edge of the dial, but the cut-off "3" just looks silly to me:

I just noticed that from the freeze frame of the video title. Looks dreadful.

The 2 versions look good to me, no problems with the 3. But 40mm would be my ideal size.

It's a done deal: Longines will continue to dominate the Swiss made watch market in the Euro 1,500-3,000 range.

I just noticed that from the freeze frame of the video title. Looks dreadful.

I think this is the chronograph version is more your style, reviewed first:

View attachment 34648
Talking about canny buys.

interesred to learn what mid and lower level watch experts like Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith fxh fxh or Journeyman Journeyman have to say about ulysses nardin’s value proposition

When it comes to that luxury watch sector, it's not about value, or subsequent value, you buy it because you want it and don't have to ask if you can afford it.

The Marine Chronograph and Dual Time with enamel face and Roman numerals are great looking watches.

TimeFactors just release three more ‘baby’ models. Always interesting to see what they are up to with their semi-heritage lines.

F47A50D9-A248-4CA4-AAB4-9E057311D952.jpeg

TimeFactors just release three more ‘baby’ models. Always interesting to see what they are up to with their semi-heritage lines.

View attachment 34667

With that one, you might as well get the full-on Willard re-edition from Seiko. Not the 6.5 grand limited edition, this one:

This is interesting the Longines 1938 Military Heritage, complete with pocket watch with hand-wound movement and in the original 43mm:

Not quite sure what's going on here:

As Tristan is still posting on his Youtube channel and in serious copyright infringement:

Not much future in YouTube watch reviews. So losing his job was inevitable. Archie Luxury is running out of steam too. Nick Shabazz is interesting - from this side of the Atlantic - as he sounds as though he could voice the characters in the old ‘Top Cat’ cartoons.

I suppose Tristan would be OK in some sort of marketing job if his other career options fail. He seems personable and is good at promoting various bits and pieces.

Not much future in YouTube watch reviews. So losing his job was inevitable. Archie Luxury is running out of steam too. Nick Shabazz is interesting - from this side of the Atlantic - as he sounds as though he could voice the characters in the old ‘Top Cat’ cartoons.

I suppose Tristan would be OK in some sort of marketing job if his other career options fail. He seems personable and is good at promoting various bits and pieces.

It was a bad alliance from the beginning. Tim Mosso and Watchbox are there to big-up and support the elitist pre-owned ultra-luxury watch market and look down on everything else. The tie-in with TGV who is an everyman enthusiast didn't make sense. Maybe they were looking to leap-frog over his video style?

You can see in the interview when he first joined Watchbox, that Tim is looking down on him. For the likes of Tim and that Francesco guy, whilst there's been some back tracking on the likes of Seiko, they're really there for watch snobs. They're also capable of presenting watch brand and Group strategies as their own recommendation. When it is the stated intention of the brand or Group, as is the case with Swatch.

I agree that Tristan comes across as personable and he certainly produces slicker videos than the other two.

I think Mosso is looking down on him mainly because TGV really doesn't know much about watchmaking. Mosso is an actual watch nerd, snob or not.

I think Mosso is looking down on him mainly because TGV really doesn't know much about watchmaking. Mosso is an actual watch nerd, snob or not.

He's extremely erudite as you would expect from a former Navy Press Officer working in US$100 million revenue a year company that is marketing led. Even if some of his writings are ad copy, you would never suspect it, as he is as you state, very queued up on watchmaking.

How much can you talk about watches? Plus, some of the watches he talks about, aren't really worth talking about in the first place.

What a completely inane community online watch people are.

They seem to have it in for TGV. It's hardly a scandal is it? Shock, horror, someone's posted some copyrighted stuff on their Youtube channel.

Archie Luxury had his own cease-and-desist episode with Royal Dutch Shell's lawyers after he had been using some of their car racing fuel/lubrication oil promotion material in one of his intros prompting him to come out as the so called method actor, Paul Pluta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom