All About Watches

Anyway. Here is the watch on my wrist. (its not wound up so is telling the wrong time before anybody mentions it)

View attachment 41302
Have you never thought about putting it at 10 past 10 instead?

Here's an interesting delayed piece into the Dutch market, the Certina DS Chronograph, slightly earlier vintage vibes:
Certina-DS-Chronograph-Automatic-review-12-1536x1023.jpg

weird how the chrono dials cut off the arrow markers. don't know if i've ever seen that particular design before.
That's a really 40s/50's vintage design. Maybe too much so.

Very dressy though, which I like. Good price as well, comparable to the Hamilton Intra-Matic Chronos.

There are a several retro-styled chromos knocking about at the moment. 60/70s is a bit of a sweet spot for them.

This feels like a vintage Ask Andy post/spoof.

Another good one would be :-
I am planning a vacation to old Europe and I need a watch that will withstand the rigours of walking over cobblestones.
That is funny and accurate.

I remember an great amount of posts and not just on AAAC, I think places like Trip Advisor, about USA people asking about clothes and shoes for Europe an how "Not To Look Like An American Tourist" .

Knowing that whatever advice given they were still going to dress in baggy cargo shorts, weird horizontal striped polo top, big clompy white "athletic" sneakers with short ankle socks and a bum bag, secret money belt, and stoopid baseball cap

There are a several retro-styled chromos knocking about at the moment. 60/70s is a bit of a sweet spot for them.
Even Tissot is in the act with the Heritage Chronograph 1948 and 1973 models, all good to go if you're on a budget and want the vibe:

Tissot Chrono 1948.jpg

shopping.jpg

Tissot-Heritage-1973-Racing-Chronograph-3.jpg

TISSOT-HERITAGE-1973-T124.427.16.051.00-3.jpg

Incidentally, one of the richest rogues I ever met in the engineering construction industry use to always sport a Tissot chronograph with his immaculate white double cuffs. His country pad in the Home Counties had the ruins of abbey in that he use to light up at night. As often with these sorts after the over stating revenues are found out he left with a nod and a wink to a job well done and a massive pay-off. Such is life.

Even Tissot is in the act with the Heritage Chronograph 1948 and 1973 models, all good to go if you're on a budget and want the vibe:

View attachment 41318

View attachment 41319

View attachment 41320
View attachment 41321

Incidentally, one of the richest rogues I ever met in the engineering construction industry use to always sport a Tissot chronograph with his immaculate white double cuffs. His country pad in the Home Counties had the ruins of abbey in that he use to light up at night. As often with these sorts after the over stating revenues are found out he left with a nod and a wink to a job well done and a massive pay-off. Such is life.
Note the last 3 are on rally straps.

Ideally suited for chopping wood!
I no longer want to post here, I see no sense.

I will miss the few real gentlemen here, who, even though in a diversity of opinions, always discuss with respect and real interest. I surely won't miss the many, who are full of themselves and only like to affirm their point of view over the other's one.

And I won't come back under another account and with another avatar, like some psychopath.

Good luck to everyone.

I will miss the few real gentlemen here, who, even though in a diversity of opinions, always discuss with respect and real interest. I surely won't miss the many, who are full of themselves and only like to affirm their point of view over the other's one.

And I won't come back under another account and with another avatar, like some psychopath.

Good luck to everyone.

You'll still have your sox.

Good luck to everyone.
Bye bye, don’t let the door hit you in your big fat clown coloured ass when you leave. Even Sarto who is fucking crazy has identified you as a whiny cunt. Go make yourself feel better by bulk buying more scarves. You won’t be missed.

Bye bye, don’t let the door hit you in your big fat clown coloured ass when you leave. Even Sarto who is fucking crazy has identified you as a whiny cunt. Go make yourself feel better by bulk buying more scarves. You won’t be missed.
Wow, such a harsh comment!

If you are referring to florisgreen, he was interesting as a Crompton fan on a site that definitely is not.

Florisgreen had his own preferences which is fine.

Refusal to reply in kind might mean he was seen as weak. After that, it would be like sharks smelling blood in the water.

If you are referring to florisgreen, he was interesting as a Crompton fan on a site that definitely is not.

Refusal to reply in kind might mean he was seen as weak. After that, it would be like sharks smelling blood in the water.
That had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with why everyone was sick of his horseshit

Despite his liking fruity colour schemes, he could not deal with anyone disagreeing with him. And most did. So he threw out terms like "pedantic" while being a pedant about only like clown colours.

Fucker had G&G shoes yet could only post product pics from the interwebz and nothing of his own except for copious purchases of fucking scarves and other accessories.

It had nothing to do with Florisgreen.

Note the last 3 are on rally straps.
Saw the white faced one in the flesh and it looks mighty beefy 70s sport chrono incarnate. And so it should, €2,130 that's a lot of dough for Tissot. But well worth it, especially when considering more expensive alternatives.

Saw the Certina DS Chronograph and the non-date Hamilton Intra-Matic Chrono with the black face too. Both superb in the flesh.

Well tempted.

Certina has a few nice "vintage" re-editions that are very affordable:

Certina DS PH200M.jpg

I really like the vintage, bakelite-style bezel.

Certina also makes a DS PH500 version, with greater water resistance:

Certina-DS-Super-PH500M-9.jpg

View attachment 41348

Dig the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms vibe on the bezel of the first one. The Certina divers are particularly good value and some decent designs.

It's interesting, among the Swatch Group and Seiko et al they're all upping the quality and aesthetics of some of the lower end brands and lines. Perfect example, as posted earlier, the Tissot Heritage Chrono 1973.

View attachment 41348

Yeah, Certina has been excellent lately

View attachment 41348

My father’s Certina with pointer date from the 1940s when watches were scarce.

My only mechanical watch. I am now used to the reliability and accuracy of quartz.

Sentimental value. Servicing no longer available on every High Street either

Attachments

• 041D6F94-677D-4BAF-B7B9-CCB9DD727DA5.jpeg
    041D6F94-677D-4BAF-B7B9-CCB9DD727DA5.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 55
My father’s Certina with pointer date from the 1940s when watches were scarce.

My only mechanical watch. I am now used to the reliability and accuracy of quartz.

Sentimental value. Servicing no longer available on every High Street either
Strangely, on my recent trips back to Blighty, I noticed quite a few watch repairers popped up in Chester. Two in the Grosvenor Precinct no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom