All About Watches

Both logos are equally horrible. The SEIKO wordmark is very attractive, however, they rarely make a model with just that and none of the other lame logos.
agreed on the word but i can't admit that the sideways S is the same as the normal letter. its objectively worse.

agreed on the word but i can't admit that the sideways S is the same as the normal letter. its objectively worse.
Thought that logo was meant to be a stylized S/5. A combination of the two.

Living the Sieko Presage Automatic logo dream today:

IMG_3784.jpg

It's actually a stylised "5" that replaced the original 5 logo that had lasted from the '60s/'70s.

The snake-like "S" is a now defunct logo I think.

It's actually a stylised "5" that replaced the original 5 logo that had lasted from the '60s/'70s.

The snake-like "S" is a now defunct logo I think.
If you look at the Japanese adverts and marketing for Seiko 5, they're looking to entice young people to get into mechanical watches and why not? For €280, think this looks great and I've seen it in the flesh:

If you interviewed some young graduate wearing one of the, you'd think: got no money, but impeccable taste in affordable watches, I'll take a chance on him!

This is how they hire into the Thai civil service - they look at your canny wristwatch and can tell immediately that you cannot be bought.

This is how they hire into the Thai civil service - they look at your canny wristwatch and can tell immediately that you cannot be bought.
'Tis true, you need a Mido there to get on, at least in the office. You live your pimp daddy bribery shit strictly back in the pad.
I wouldn’t discern that from looking at their wrist watch.
You can discern a lot by actively looking. Hence you use to have presentation sections on interview reports. That was before what is their favoured pronoun section replaced it.

Did see my first Swatch Omega Speedmaster at the weekend on a young chap, I stopped to have a chat. He got it Paris and by the time he got to the front of queue, there was only the Mars and Sun ones left. He got the red one and it looks impressive. Shame the rest of us are never going to get a chance to get one of these non-limited edition, super-limited edition watches.

Shame the rest of us are never going to get a chance to get one of these non-limited edition, super-limited edition watches.
I lost (almost) all interest after seeing them in person. I did not get the impression they are impossible to get. The stores get a delivery every week, just go there and ask? Eg in "my" store it is every Monday afternoon, though the dude said they are not told how many and which models they get.

I lost (almost) all interest after seeing them in person. I did not get the impression they are impossible to get. The stores get a delivery every week, just go there and ask? Eg in "my" store it is every Monday afternoon, though the dude said they are not told how many and which models they get.

I lost (almost) all interest also.

I live in NYC and have stopped into the store in Times Sq several times. They won't say when/how many units they will get. One dude said that they don't tell them. I didn't bother checking the other 2 locations.

One day, if I am walking by and I see them in stock, I may be tempted. But not going out of my way.

I didn't know that, I thought there had only been that one initial limited dump.
I lost (almost) all interest also.

I live in NYC and have stopped into the store in Times Sq several times. They won't say when/how many units they will get. One dude said that they don't tell them. I didn't bother checking the other 2 locations.

One day, if I am walking by and I see them in stock, I may be tempted. But not going out of my way.
I thought it looked surprisingly impressive, but I was half shot. It looked much better than I imagined, especially as I've read that bio-plastic has a problem with the colour dye leaking onto your shirt cuffs.

Also saw someone with a Daytona green face. That looked good too, but I didn't stop to talk. Like many places, flashing Rolex's around and drawing attention to it, is risky business here in the Netherlands.

You know I was just thinking about tagging you and asking if you’d seen any of these on the ground lately since it’s been a few months. Guess that’s out the window.

I have seen them in the window of the Swatch store in Times Sq the wknd after they dropped.

I don't even bother purposely stopping by anymore. If I happen to be in the area of one of the stores and I see them or a line of people, I will investigate. Outside of that, not bothering.

I want several of them. Women that I know are surprisingly hot for the colored models.
When I was queuing and realising the Moon ones will likely already be sold out, I was good to go with getting ones that my daughters would likely sport. Having seen one in the flesh last weekend my interest is pricked again. But Swatch need to be revving up on meeting demand.
Looks pretty damn good to me.

Thought it was the Mars one, but double checking it's the Pluto one. Thumbs up.
Sun, Venus, and Uranus were popular with the ladies I spoke with. i like regular old Moon the best but Earth, Jupiter, and Mercury weren't bad. If Saturn weren't in that awful looking brown shade I'd be all over it. The sub-6 dial with the ring and the color is neat.

Sun, Venus, and Uranus were popular with the ladies I spoke with. i like regular old Moon the best but Earth, Jupiter, and Mercury weren't bad. If Saturn weren't in that awful looking brown shade I'd be all over it. The sub-6 dial with the ring and the color is neat.
For a toy bioceramic plastic watch, it's worth a dabble.

Noticed the Seiko 5 GMT's are pretty much sold out here in the Netherlands with the exception of the orange one. Not without good reason as a lot of Dutch only wear orange on King's Day. So they wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that watch as a daily beater.

Noticed the Seiko 5 GMT's are pretty much sold out here in the Netherlands with the exception of the orange one. Not without good reason as a lot of Dutch only wear orange on King's Day. So they wouldn't feel comfortable wearing that watch as a daily beater.
Good money making opportunity for you there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom