All About Watches

What are you getting on +/- a day?
I don't religiously check these things but I'd say > +10s a day. Miles ahead of my Willard. That went ok (about the same actually) for a couple of years and then suddenly without warning started losing time. Now when I checked it after a few days it was minutes off so that will be going in for a warranty service/regulation shortly.

I think the Citizen also looks much better on a canvas / mil strap:

Fujitsubo.jpg

The rubber strap it came with is actually pretty high quality. I was surprised as in the photos it did look cheaply made. Still, it looks great on a milstrap so I'll probably keep it on this for a while. My point was actually that the Willard looked shithouse on the milstrap... that'll stay on a chocolate bar.

I don't religiously check these things but I'd say > +10s a day. Miles ahead of my Willard. That went ok (about the same actually) for a couple of years and then suddenly without warning started losing time. Now when I checked it after a few days it was minutes off so that will be going in for a warranty service/regulation shortly.

I think the Citizen also looks much better on a canvas / mil strap:

View attachment 44870
If you don't notice, then you know it's keeping good time. My Turtles are all in the +20-25 secs range. I wear one for knocking around the house, when I set-it, I do 2 minutes ahead.

How is your King Seiko running after a few months?
Haven't worn it much as I've been in polo shirts for most of the summer, it's not as good time keeping as the '59 Alpinist. But around 6-10+ a day. Whereas the Alpinist about 2/3+ secs. Pretty impressive. But will see how the King Seiko goes over the next few months being back shirt and booted.

Haven't worn it much as I've been in polo shirts for most of the summer, it's not as good time keeping as the '59 Alpinist. But around 6-10+ a day. Whereas the Alpinist about 2/3+ secs. Pretty impressive. But will see how the King Seiko goes over the next few months being back shirt and booted.
Again, I think Citizen is eating Seiko's lunch with these types of watches. When you can get a King Seiko equivalent, 38mm case and an interesting dial for <$1,000, why would you pay 3-4x that for a Seiko? If I was in the market for an everyday dressier piece I wouldn't go past an NB1060:

nb1060-04a-c_1400x.jpg
nb1060-04a-f_1400x.jpg

a buddy of mine was able to get one of the swatch omega watches at retail the other day. anyone seen stock locally?

ter1413 ter1413 i called a ny store who said they've been getting them in.

Last edited:
I'd like to talk to people who paid 200% what these watches were worth 6 months ago.

I saw/read that article the other day. Was gone a post, but forgot.

But yeah....Rolex was not gonna be low on stock for the holidays.

who makes a decent cheap leather watch band? my cheapy band is falling apart and i need a replacement. the watch itself was only $100 so i'd like to keep it under $30 if possible.

who makes a decent cheap leather watch band? my cheapy band is falling apart and i need a replacement. the watch itself was only $100 so i'd like to keep it under $30 if possible.
I’ve owned a couple of C&B straps. Nothing special, but pretty solid for the price.

Rios has some basic straps between 30–40$

Hirsch. Large selection in the $30 to $35. Can be found many places and Amazon.

Hirsch. Large selection in the $30 to $35. Can be found many places and Amazon.

appreciate the recs.

found this if anyone needs a cheap gift

jcrew marathon navigator for $115. final sale. there's a hideous peach color with a tan strap that several of you perverts might find enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom