Another #menswear blogger turns retailer

Dropbear

Gives Off Rather Strong Cop Vibes
The marketing photos of him walking through autumn leaves looking a bit glum (or is he earnestly scanning the road ahead for dog poo?), probably isn't the best advertising strategy.

66274301-6785-450F-977F-C3370615F04E.jpeg

"We have a diverse skillset from our various roles in tech and startups, and want to apply these skills to the e-commerce world."

Cringe.

Why would anyone want to "quietly launch?"

Why is there a hashtag before the word "content?"

Dropbear said:
What makes someone who blogs about buying clothes suddenly feel they should launch their own e-business?

I understand why men do this. They love and believe in the product and want other people to experience it. If one believes the product is good he should promote it as such.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. Why? Because l want men to have the benefit of the things l think is good. I want my clothing to make their lives better. I have a niche and clearly defined market. Blue collar workers would be my main market. I would structure the business in special ways that is unique, and online selling would only be a small part of it. Online selling to blue collar workers ain't gonna work well...a man needs to get interactive with the workers and develop loyalty and relationships in person.

Dropbear said:
Who is going to buy stuff st this price from someone who made their name as an average joe discovering #menswear?

Potentially lots of people.

Everyone wants to sell online these days, but the internet is not a magic bullet, people still need a reason to come. Sometimes humans need to get their hands dirty and interact with people face to face. Why? Because people need to know YOU are the guy, and the only way people can often know is if they develop a relationship with YOU.

Men need to stop being girlymen and start getting their hands dirty! Too many igents with soft bellies...they always want to be comfortable.

After a quick squiz at his jeans and chino sizing I thinks there’s a RTW niche he could occupy part of. High rise slim fit sensible and versatile. No one else doing it much.

I would buy from Shooey because we all know that he is more than a dilettante who recently discovered something became a self-proclaimed expert.

Learning how to dress yourself doesn’t automatically qualify you to go into manufacturing and sales. Don’t get me wrong- I wish the kid well and hope his stuff is good. I liked his blog. But for every Kent Wang or Gustin out there, there’s about a million other failed side-businesses that I’ve already forgotten their names.

After a quick squiz at his jeans and chino sizing I thinks there’s a RTW niche he could occupy part of. High rise slim fit sensible and versatile. No one else doing it much.

Agreed. Casual Friday is a big thing here and it is really difficult to find jeans that can be worn uncuffed or stacked, with a tucked-in shirt and even a sportscoat. He has taken his hard-to-find Orslow107 jeans to some local shop and told them to copy the pattern in a range of sizes. He would need to get into the mall stores to really tap that market, but I think he has pretensions of grander luxe trappings.

Last edited:
I understand why men do this. They love and believe in the product and want other people to experience it. If one believes the product is good he should promote it as such.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. Why? Because l want men to have the benefit of the things l think is good. I want my clothing to make their lives better. I have a niche and clearly defined market. Blue collar workers would be my main market. I would structure the business in special ways that is unique, and online selling would only be a small part of it. Online selling to blue collar workers ain't gonna work well...a man needs to get interactive with the workers and develop loyalty and relationships in person.

Potentially lots of people.
Please don’t sully your aristocratic reputation by dabbling in ‘trade’.

Anyone whose blog title includes the word "baller" indicates to me that I should never buy any kind of ware they seek to peddle. I am getting very tired of these bloggers trying to turn their mediocre fame into a "business empire."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom