Arny's Photography Appreciation Thread

IMG_6371.JPG

Wildlife photographer in New Brunswick rigged a DSLR to a motion detector to try to get a shot of a lynx she had noticed on a trail near where she lived. Amazing.

IMG_7777.JPG

Those last couple of photos are great.

Well, to be fair I had to enhance the original images a fair bit. The weather was awful most of the time. In some places I struggled to open the door of my car because of the pressure the wind put on it.
But it seems my little camera (Olympus SZ-30 MR) did a decent enough job. I've been thinking about buying a DSLR, but I won't really get enough use out of it to justify the investment.

FYI, Loch Ness is effing boring, and so is Inverness (or any other settlement up there). Old continental villages and towns are so much nicer.

Do you have higher resolution versions of them? I'd love to try my editing programs with them.

Some photos of mine that one of the newest lawyer firms in town used online. Hamilton still has some wonderful older architecture.

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.45.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.45.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.45.35 AM.png

Critters and immediate landscapes on Amherst Island, Ontario from a cottage trip last weekend.

Amherst Island 0617_014 copy.jpg
Amherst Island 0617_015 copy.jpg

Amherst Island 0617_008 copy.jpg
Amherst Island 0617_006 copy.jpg
Amherst Island 0617_012 copy.jpg
Amherst Island 0617_018 copy.jpg
Amherst Island 0617_021 copy.jpg

Taken at Southerness (Solway coast). I had to wait for some very unattractive British people to disappear inside that lighthouse...

p6250003.jpg

p6250004.jpg

No idea what these are called:

p6250006.jpg

And finally some wind battered trees:

p6250008.jpg

A local scene from one of Hamilton's many recreational paths. This is part of the Red Hill Valley.
RHL Edit #1 0818_003 copy.jpg

Just a phone camera snap as we were walking into a pub for dinner, but I think it came out well:

FEC1B2C4-75E4-4003-9568-79C946D89EC5.jpeg

Absolutely - that's a lovely photo. Phone cameras are getting better by the year, although dedicated cameras still do much better in low light and night-time situations.

Is this the Netherlands?

Some of it, the first one, the lake and the one with swans. In the winter, if it looks like a clear blue sky day at the weekend, I will get up an hour before sunrise and start walking around the local lakes, mere and paths through the wooded areas. You get that pink, orange, hues of grey and blue as the sun rises and you see the birds and nature come alive. I find it just the tonic to set you up for the day.

The one on the hill is atop Moel Famau which is the highest summit in the Clwydian Range in North Wales. About 15 mins from where I use to live. Fantastic views on top towards mount Snowdon, Ruthin, the Welsh coast and the other way, to the Wirral peninsular and the Cheshire plain.

The last one is in Arezzo, Tuscany. Not much going on there, but shows how superior phone cameras are to the old world of film cameras where getting that shot would need the right film and tripod.

Some of it, the first one, the lake and the one with swans. In the winter, if it looks like a clear blue sky day at the weekend, I will get up an hour before sunrise and start walking around the local lakes, mere and paths through the wooded areas. You get that pink, orange, hues of grey and blue as the sun rises and you see the birds and nature come alive. I find it just the tonic to set you up for the day.

The one on the hill is atop Moel Famau which is the highest summit in the Clwydian Range in North Wales. About 15 mins from where I use to live. Fantastic views on top towards mount Snowdon, Ruthin, the Welsh coast and the other way, to the Wirral peninsular and the Cheshire plain.

The last one is in Arezzo, Tuscany. Not much going on there, but shows how superior phone cameras are to the old world of film cameras where getting that shot would need the right film and tripod.
I sometimes think I'd like to go back. I was there 15 years ago when I didn't even know how to work a camera; I remember it rained almost the entire month of August. I wouldn't know nowadays... As much as I'd enjoy shooting long exposures of Rotterdam or Amsterdam's train stations I'd probably get pickpocketed before I knew it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom