Ask A Quick Question

Quick question - I'm conflicted about this Brooks Brothers' jumper. Part of me thinks it's awesome, part of me thinks it awful.

What say you?

Unfortunately, I can't link to an image directly, as it doesn't allow me to and nor can I save the picture as a .jpg file. Here's the address:

Quick question - I'm conflicted about this Brooks Brothers' jumper. Part of me thinks it's awesome, part of me thinks it awful.

What say you?

Unfortunately, I can't link to an image directly, as it doesn't allow me to and nor can I save the picture as a .jpg file. Here's the address:

B179F28C-A990-433B-A660-22C3A74BAA5E.jpeg
FD08B891-FAAE-438C-A872-17A19D396FE7.jpeg

What say you?

100% no

What say you?

I don't like it (at all), but you have to decide yourself. If you think you can wear it with joy, then get it.

What say you?

A big "no" from me

What say you?

Im Not No Way GIF

What say you?

do it jewish GIF

I was reading a discussion about golfing clothes on an online forum a few weeks back, and one of the participants was bemoaning the lack of natural fibres in golfing clothes nowadays, and pining for the old days of cotton shirts, woollen trousers etc.

Then the other participants all piled in, and said that golf is a sport and so it needs technical fabrics to keep you comfortable, help your performance and so on. These golfers are serious athletes!

All I could think of while reading the thread was Donald Trump playing golf - that basically destroys any argument about golf being a performance sport that requires technical clothing.
img_4580-jpg.21755
img_4581-jpg.21756

Top top golfing clothes.

Is a dark brown dress belt with shiny gold buckle okay with business casual attire (chinos, buttoned down shirts, occasionally sport coat and tie, polos) or should it be an antiqued/matte buckle?

I can't quite decide which looks better/is more appropriate/versatile, and I think I'm overthinking it.

I'd choose a matte buckle with a thick dusty oxford cloth shirt/polo and chinos. Or even...
0349aff8-1491-4eef-b521-ae76347978ed.2f8aeb88595a7bc948dc477eaf639b3a.jpeg

I'm sure a shiney gold one would be ok though.

I was leaning toward the antiqued as well. A woven one like you posted seems too informal for jacket and tie, but definitely something to consider for outfits sans those items. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Another question on belts came to mind: What color belt do you wear with blue/navy colored shoes?

Another question on belts came to mind: What color belt do you wear with blue/navy colored shoes?

Perhaps I'm a bit of an anarchist, but I wear the same, fairly dark brown calf leather belt with virtually all of my shoes, from chestnut to dark brown, to chilli, to burgundy and even to navy.

I do have a brown suede belt that I sometimes wear with brown suede shoes, but sometimes I can't be bothered and I just wear the brown calf-leather belt.

I know that there are people on StyleForum who obsess over belt colours and materials, and who look for the perfect whisky shell cordovan belt to wear with their MTO whisky shell cordovan shoes (or burgundy, or whatever other colour you fancy). However, in all honesty, I could not be bothered and a lot of the time my belt is covered by my jacket, anyway.

e question on belts came to mind: What color belt do you wear with blue/navy colored shoes?
I don't have a pair either a blue or navy (2 different colours all together) but i have a braided navy belt similar to this and this what i would wear,

shopping

I think you can be overkill with matching belts to shoes. Brown would be fine, but blue wouldn't be offensive. I've got a mate who wears Ostrich leather shoes with a matching belt and I feel like slapping him when he does it.

Probably depends on the context / formality of the shoes and the whole outfit.

I'd probably go with a pretty dark brown belt that has some depth 90% of the time, greyish-cream braided belt if casual, black belt if karate relatively formal / the navy is very dark.

Matching unusual colour just seems too try hard for me, regardless of material. Gives me the feeling that you went out to buy something that matches the shoes, but not necessarily looking better.

What say you?

The main appeal of ugly sweaters is that it's so strange it's fun to wear at home though.

No way. I'd like a P-coat for the winter and I think a P-coat would be pretty cool in Casentino but not in burnt orange. That said I have seen a Duffle coat in burnt orange in it and that looked pretty good. A P-coat in orange would a bit too Captain Sensible for me.

Muted orange on the other hand...

Yes please, that'd be great. I'm after navy Belinmad but wouldn't rule out any colour bar yellow.

My tailor here can get it for you at trade price (From Loro Piana/Caccioppoli distributors). He’ll ask about navy and price and let me know.
We’d have to get it here and send it over to you, I guess. Not sure how UK->Norway customs works, you might be better off finding an Italian distributor that can send to you directly.

My tailor here can get it for you at trade price (From Loro Piana/Caccioppoli distributors). He’ll ask about navy and price and let me know.
We’d have to get it here and send it over to you, I guess. Not sure how UK->Norway customs works, you might be better off finding an Italian distributor that can send to you directly.
Can anyone buy from Caccioppoli? This might be it? But it doesn't say...

https://collection.caccioppolinapoli.it/en/5102-coats/2704-570407.html

Can you hit me up with some Italian seller links?

Sorry for sounding like I'm treating you like the local DSS office.

Can anyone buy from Caccioppoli? This might be it? But it doesn't say...
I don’t think they do straight retail but not sure to be honest - never tried.

https://collection.caccioppolinapoli.it/en/5102-coats/2704-570407.html

Can you hit me up with some Italian seller links?

Sorry for sounding like I'm treating you like the local DSS office.

I dont know who the italian distributors are, unfortunately, sorry. I usually let the local tailors sort it out for me.

My Caccioppoli all came through my tailor. I did speak with them directly on a few occasions though, they do sell to the public, or at least did.

They sell (used to??? ) direct without no issues . Last time I communicated to them through their general email address info@c.......

Thruth Thruth what’s your take on N1 deck jackets? I’ve never handled one, but it looks like something that might work for our winter snow vacations and last longer than the Lands End crap that keeps wearing out. OTOH, seems a bit trendy now and the days of picking one up a nwot ‘Shoreshank Redemption’ jacket at the local surplus store are long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom