Awful Outfits You See IRL

Navy and boat shoes, matches perfectly.

“Not many men realise that boat shoes in navy are an ideal, fashion forward match for a navy suit. I am Anthonio Centeno of RealMenRealStyle. If you appreciate my videos, go the box on the top left of the screen and show your support. Also subscribe to my email listings.”

One of my colleagues

IMG_0557.JPG

OLO.

A wedding I went to back in the day saw one of our friends show up with the tag still on his suit.

A short chap in Wetherspoons on Tuesday was wearing a top hat. I went to the other end of the bar to get served, in case he was a loony. However, he seemed to be known to some of the regulars who spoke to him. He looked normal sat down without the top hat.

He was no Tibor, or Cardcaptor Charlie. The rest of his clobber did not live up to the top hat. More Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.

You edited out the guy in the red bamboo jacket! or perhaps hes fallen off his stool drunk.
20180306_185032-jpg.28732

Olo just saw a middle aged hippie wearing a rose gold AP jumbo, t-shirt and socks with sandals.

I was waiting for him in the carpark after he had finished picking mince meat from the freezer aisle in Aldi. Sadly the watch was damaged in the attack.

Olo just saw a middle aged hippie wearing a rose gold AP jumbo, t-shirt and socks with sandals.

I was waiting for him in the carpark after he had finished picking mince meat from the freezer aisle in Aldi. Sadly the watch was damaged in the attack.

I was in our Shanghai product testing facilities a couple of years back and there was this scruffy ageing Vietnam vet hippy dude shuffling around who looked like he had been smoking weed for the last fifty years. I asked who he was and I was told he was the Dildo King and was getting all his sex toys tested for the American market.

They had sent some vibrators to Germany to get tested and the manager of the Chinese office got a very long winded reply that they wouldn't test them on moral grounds.

Speaking Russki, of course...

View attachment 29796

Now THAT picture speaks volumes!!! She must have saved for years to buy that.

Everyone seems to want status these days, but the problem is that so many who broadcast their `so called' status mess it up. This lady fell flat on her face, and she is probably none the wiser.

I have talked about these issues at length at fnb.com.

Last edited:
Nipped out at lunch through the CBD and with the sun out and temperature rising, there they all where in abundance the cheap and cheery I'm a corporate man on a salary look: baby blue cut-away collar shirt sans tie, grey trousers that sit on the hip and the dreaded scuffed tan pointy shoes. It's not big and not clever and definitely doesn't indicate you are not really working for the man. As I was driving and had a tremendous run on green lights, I had no time to take photos of this curious anthropological inert disaster of the sartorial kind.

Nipped out at lunch through the CBD and with the sun out and temperature rising, there they all where in abundance the cheap and cheery I'm a corporate man on a salary look: baby blue cut-away collar shirt sans tie, grey trousers that sit on the hip and the dreaded scuffed tan pointy shoes. It's not big and not clever and definitely doesn't indicate you are not really working for the man. As I was driving and had a tremendous run on green lights, I had no time to take photos of this curious anthropological inert disaster of the sartorial kind.

Yeah, we have heaps of those guys in our area too. There is a sea of cheap suits and shoes out there, nearly all of them would be working for the man.

Last edited:
Oh yes:

Band-Aid colour
Thin soles
Toes curled upward
Ready for the Magic Carpet Ride

View attachment 29961

Not much self-awareness going on there at all. 'Tis a common mistake and afflication: the cheap and nasty pointy shoe in various shades of anaemia with a grey suit. I still haven't figured out what these guys are trying to say, but we can assume it's something dreadful and not worth hearing.

Not much self-awareness going on there at all. 'Tis a common mistake and afflication: the cheap and nasty pointy shoe in various shades of anaemia with a grey suit. I still haven't figured out what these guys are trying to say, but we can assume it's something dreadful and not worth hearing.

Australia was famous about 10 years ago for wearing cheap black ill fitting suits with white curled up pointy loafers, especially to weddings. All the guys would prounce around at weddings so proud like they were the best dressed men in the world.

Square toes shoes, curled up loafers and white shoes all needed to exist in order to make men's dreams come true. Here's what happened.

I can fully understand the mindset behind the pointed up toes and white shoes and black suits and square toe shoes. Manufacturers don't just invent these things and hope they sell. No No...they talk to everyday people [like l did] and found out what they like and want. Truth be told....many men lusted after these things. Curled up loafers and white loafers were seen as very sophisticated 20 years ago in Oz and desirable, average men wanted these things, so eventually the manufacturers took note and made them so men's dreams could come true. Soon the look became addictive due to a trend and these things became mass available. Square toe shoes were also seen as ltalian sophistication, so manufacturers also made them to make dreams come true. Black clothes can also be seen as sophisticated, so manufacturers made them in mass to make clueless men's dreams also come true.

Shoes with lots of seams were also widely available over 10 years ago because men wanted ugly shoes....they loathed beautiful traditional patterns because they were seen as too old fashioned. The ugly multi seamed shoes were seen as fashion forward and daring and unique so many men bought them to make their dream of being a rebel come true. One of the top designers and pattern makers in Oz told me this. It is not all about cost cutting, it is about selling a style that SELLS!!!

Some well known style women such as Ashley Weston still say to wear a curled up toe loafer to add extra sophistication. People want dreams to come true so they buy these sorts of things, but soon they realise the dream was over rated and move on to new dreams.

Last edited:
Just spotted in town - shiny navy suit jacket (above bum), skinny black jeans (bizarrely hemmed, neither high water nor near shoe) and upturned toe scuffed tan shoos.

Couldn't see the shirt but can only assume that it was white and tight.

Deep in enemy territory yesterday at the Italie Smak & Styl Evenement at Kasteel de Haar and whilst I didn't dare take any candid photos, I can confirm that this look was very much de rigueur:

IMG_1153.JPG

That picture is just priceless. Those shoos are absolute shockers, and when paired with the jeans it makes me want to laugh my head off. I'd love to know who the guys are.

For shooey - The Shooman The Shooman . On train this morning. The shoes & petrol bleu suit. You can nearly see the pale pink tie with dots. And that girl had the most orange hair I've ever seen. I wondered if it was a wig.
1.jpg

POW orphaned suit jacket in bum freezer length. POW shirt in the same scale of plaid. Rock & Republic jeans and beat to shit shoes. The fugliest of fugly

IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom