Bologna and De Paz

Kingstonian

I was thinking about this again. I read the puff piece before I visited the store. I sneaked away while the others were having a coffee by the cathedral. Not a big store. Interesting what they stock and their particular view of British kit. Did not buy anything there but glad that individual shops like that still exist in a world of bland global chain stores. There was another branch in the city as well as the one near the main square.
http://www.theweejun.com/de-paz-one-great-stores-world/

I am not so sure about the proprietor. With his Max Wall haircut, blazer badge and cardie under a jacket he is not exactly stylish.

Bologna itself is a great city for scoff. If it rains there are porticoes to keep the rain off. Not absolutely rammed with tourists either.

What's your view of the sweaters they carry? I've heard some good things about the Shetland and Irish made ones.

I was thinking about this again. I read the puff piece before I visited the store. I sneaked away while the others were having a coffee by the cathedral. Not a big store. Interesting what they stock and their particular view of British kit. Did not buy anything there but glad that individual shops like that still exist in a world of bland global chain stores. There was another branch in the city as well as the one near the main square.
http://www.theweejun.com/de-paz-one-great-stores-world/

That's a good piece by The Weejun, not read that before. I'm in Italy at least a couple of times each year on business and whilst there are plenty of tailors around even in the reasonably sized towns, it's no longer cost effective. I'm paying the same price for stuff there as here, even if it's imported from Italy. The one exception in the Brioni store at the Venice outlet village where extreme savings can be found.

For home consumption the Italians often play on English credentials, for example, Thomas Mason fabrics which are now owned by the Albini Group and produced in Italian mills. Even a high street cod-tailor menswear store like Gutteridge plays on British heritage.

Ironically overseas we tend to still think Italian style is the Armani look in American Gigolo. For me, I like the Italians best when they're paying homage to the English look. They do it extremely well.

The Weejun is right, Italy as elsewhere in Europe is changing fast and not for the better, especially in Italy.

What's your view of the sweaters they carry? I've heard some good things about the Shetland and Irish made ones.

They looked pretty good. I am not a big fan of Shetlands though. When I was young Shetlands were for people who could not afford lambswool.

I found the shop Depaz in this forum. They sell stunning items. I bought two Shetland jumpers ,the prices and qualities are better that Jamieson’s. I contacted with Dario by email and he kindly help me with my inquiries.

I see they have button downs in pretty large sizes and decent prices
Anyone tried them? Is the collar nice 'n' rollin'?

RDíaz please contact with they by email. Although they haven't update their web, the shop has available many items. Ask to Dario about measures chart and pics, he will be kind to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom