Boxing & UFC

C

C0keZer0

I wonder if jujitsu and Gracie ruined mma. Then again the UFC is doing damn well so I guess Gracie didn't ruin mma.

Jan Libourel

That press conference was such a circus. Just fight. I hope this fight doesn't turn into the one like Ali vs thr Japanese wrestler. Co or is stupid for thinking he can go one dimensional and beat Mayweather. I think Conor can kill Mayweather in the Octagon but not in a boxing ring.
One thing I learned early in life: In any sort of competition, you don't play the other man's game.

Jan Libourel

I wouldn't pay $100 to watch any athletic event. Both the combatants seem like such obnoxious men that I am quite indifferent to the outcome. Since Mayweather is heavily favored, I have a natural tendency to root for the underdog, but then I ordinarily would favor a boxer over a mixed martial artist, so that kind of balances things out. Although all the smart money seems to be on Mayweather, McGregor does have a substantial advantage in size and youth. I think the latter may have a "puncher's chance."

formby

I wouldn't pay $100 to watch any athletic event. Both the combatants seem like such obnoxious men that I am quite indifferent to the outcome. Since Mayweather is heavily favored, I have a natural tendency to root for the underdog, but then I ordinarily would favor a boxer over a mixed martial artist, so that kind of balances things out. Although all the smart money seems to be on Mayweather, McGregor does have a substantial advantage in size and youth. I think the latter may have a "puncher's chance."
That's all he's got...

Jan Libourel

Well, I see Mayweather stopped McGregor in the 10th. The latter was never knocked off his feet. I am inclined to think referees are much more hasty about stopping fights these days. I supposed that's for the better. At least McGregor made a real fight of it in the early rounds, and it wasn't the one-sided slaughter that many pundits had predicted.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
i can't be the only one thinking mayweather bet himself on the over of 9.5 rounds tonight.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Should I bother watching it? Was it better than Ali and the Asian guy? Is Mayweather still saying he's the greatest of all time?

formby

McGregor performed better than I thought he would, but he tired very quickly in the last 3rd..

Fwiffo

Supporter
It appears he is leaning towards embodying the title of this thread - as long as someone pays him to do either sport, win or lose.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
canelo in another decision over ggg. i thought this fight was even more in favor of ggg than the first. they're both getting old now.

Top Bottom