Brexit - The UK and the EU

The Ernesto

Ratings
Loving some of the coverage...

Meanwhile, May toured European capitals like a child presenting a parent with a new toy broken on Christmas morning. She gained plenty of sympathy but also stern reminder that there would be no renegotiation or quick fixes.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
It's getting exciting, will the Conservatives grab the safety vest although it exposes them to uncertain and unchartered waters, requiring great effort to survive, or will they choose May and wait for the DUP to desert them and face a General Election with May at the helm? One choice is risky, but the other is suicide leading to a Marxist government in the UK and the destruction of the Conservative Party.

Scherensammler

Ratings
It's getting exciting, will the Conservatives grab the safety vest although it exposes them to uncertain and unchartered waters, requiring great effort to survive, or will they choose May and wait for the DUP to desert them and face a General Election with May at the helm? One choice is risky, but the other is suicide leading to a Marxist government in the UK and the destruction of the Conservative Party.
We'll have the latter:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46547246

Kingstonian

Ratings
She is still damaged. Thirty seven per cent against her.

It is even worse if you exclude the large payroll vote who are expected to support her.

Withdrawal agreement still will not get through Parliament with no substantial changes on offer.

Labour can pick a suitable time to launch a vote of no confidence.

She has been forced to concede that she will not lead the party into the next election which will automatically weaken any vestige of authority she has.

Watch this space.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
She is still damaged. Thirty seven per cent against her.

It is even worse if you exclude the large payroll vote who are expected to support her.

Withdrawal agreement still will not get through Parliament with no substantial changes on offer.

Labour can pick a suitable time to launch a vote of no confidence.

She has been forced to concede that she will not lead the party into the next election which will automatically weaken any vestige of authority she has.

Watch this space.
Didn't consider the payroll vote weighted effect. According to comments on Guido, only 22 back benchers voted for her which is 16% i.e. 84% of backbenchers have some backbone and know what's coming.

Somehow I expected a bit more from that, some of May's puppet like movements might have made it more funny.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
What's the conclusion of the two day summit?

Take your deal or cancel Brexit?
Leave and send them to the back of the queue for trade deals as the UK puts the Great back into Britain.

And watch from a safe distance as the banking crisis hits and the EU implodes under the folly of the utopian dreams of intellectuals.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
Leave and send them to the back of the queue for trade deals as the UK puts the Great back into Britain.

And watch from a safe distance as the banking crisis hits and the EU implodes under the folly of the utopian dreams of intellectuals.
Is that really what you want? As I recall you reside within the EU.

formby

Ratings

You don't want the EU to implode, you want the cleanest break possible, with minimal turbulence for either side.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Is that really what you want? As I recall you reside within the EU.
It's not what I want, that doesn't come into it. I reside within the EU, but the inevitable is: this sucker's going down! Full blown banking crisis next year methinks.

You don't want the EU to implode, you want the cleanest break possible, with minimal turbulence for either side.
That's the ideal, but of course, it can never be. The EU utopian project is now a ponzi scheme and they're running out of a working and middle class to harvest. They cannot let the UK go and certainly they cannot let the UK thrive outside.

The other fatal flaws: the desire to control personal life and thought, then it's Soviet structure and finally the dreams of empire and one world government modelled on it.

It's doomed to be a monumental lesson in the over reach of intellectuals with best intentions.

The question now is: how any lives or countries it will ruin as the wheels fall off? Pain is inevitable. No soft landings now.

formby

Ratings
It's not what I want, that doesn't come into it. I reside within the EU, but the inevitable is: this sucker's going down! Full blown banking crisis next year methinks.

That's the ideal, but of course, it can never be. The EU utopian project is now a ponzi scheme and they're running out of a working and middle class to harvest. They cannot let the UK go and certainly they cannot let the UK thrive outside.

The other fatal flaws: the desire to control personal life and thought, then it's Soviet structure and finally the dreams of empire and one world government modelled on it.

It's doomed to be a monumental lesson in the over reach of intellectuals with best intentions.

The question now is: how any lives or countries it will ruin as the wheels fall off? Pain is inevitable. No soft landings now.
What we shouldn't forget, is that, where we are now, is very much Britain's, or to be more precise, British politicians fault. Heath lied about the EU (EEC). Its always been a project of integration, its in its DNA, it there, in the Treaty of Rome.

He chose to ignore Lincoln's advice.

Scherensammler

Ratings
What has gone mostly unnoticed is that the West has stealthily signed away it's sovereignity to the UN with the Compact for migration and the other one for the refugees.
So technically it doesn't really matter whether the UK leaves the EU. It will be fucked either way.

formby

Ratings
What has gone mostly unnoticed is that the West has stealthily signed away it's sovereignity to the UN with the Compact for migration and the other one for the refugees.
So technically it doesn't really matter whether the UK leaves the EU. It will be fucked either way.
Is it legally binding though?

I have read a few commentators who say it is either carelessly written or advocating andend to the privileges of citizenship however.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings

I have read a few commentators who say it is either carelessly written or advocating andend to the privileges of citizenship however.
It's not legally binding, for now.

It was written by the Germans, allegedly.

It's another piece of the toxicity: filled to the brim of ideology and virtue signalling utopian fantasy, at the very expense of the countries it pretends to extol and help. A mobilized third world on the way to the crashing welfare states of norther Europe, there's nothing noble in that.

Scherensammler

Ratings

Technically it is not legally binding, but that can be easily changed. It mentions several times that the "signing" nations pledge/ commit to migration as a human right. Up to the point where migrants have more rights than the citizens of the nations they want to migrate to.
A major contributor to both compacts was the German government, which makes now clear that the opening of the borders was not the "humanitarian" act Merkel claims it was.
Watched a very interesting Youtube video a couple of days back, a lecture from a German historian about the first and second world war and who was really behind it in both cases. Along with the fact that good old Adolf was funded by US multis, who also ran the Auschwitz camp (IG Farben).
In that video he explains that it was the British-American elites who had planned the UN and EU even before WW II.
The only irony is that it's now "officially" Germany that is calling the shots for the globalist elites.

formby

Ratings
Technically it is not legally binding, but that can be easily changed. It mentions several times that the "signing" nations pledge/ commit to migration as a human right. Up to the point where migrants have more rights than the citizens of the nations they want to migrate to.

A major contributor to both compacts was the German government, which makes now clear that the opening of the borders was not the "humanitarian" act Merkel claims it was.
Watched a very interesting Youtube video a couple of days back, a lecture from a German historian about the first and second world war and who was really behind it in both cases. Along with the fact that good old Adolf was funded by US multis, who also ran the Auschwitz camp (IG Farben).
In that video he explains that it was the British-American elites who had planned the UN and EU even before WW II.
The only irony is that it's now "officially" Germany that is calling the shots for the globalist elites
Some of this reads like conspiracy theory.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Some of this reads like conspiracy theory.
Aye, some of that is drifting into the sewer.

I remain hopeful, even if Brexit is thwarted....time remains. In both the UK and Europe.

Freedom and democracy loving people will continue to clarify and next opportunity is the European elections next year. Which I note, if the UK leaves the EU, I will not have a vote in.

Scherensammler

Ratings
Aye, some of that is drifting into the sewer.

I remain hopeful, even when Brexit is thwarted....time remains. In both the UK and Europe.

Freedom and democracy loving people will continue to clarify and next opportunity is the European elections next year. Which I note, if the UK leaves the EU, I will not have a vote in.
FTFY!
What we will likely see next year is a massive campaign against nationalist parties from all sides, 24/7. And if that fails, equally massive election rigging.
Technically, the actual German Big Coalition government has no longer a majority, that is why they shy away from new GE.
Merkel has been replaced as the CDU party leader with an equally unattractive person, who has been called Merkel 2.0 and will continue Angie's "good" work.
Only bright side is that both big parties will become more and more insignificant with every year that passes. But the damage has been done and the influx of third world engineers, doctors and extremely well qualified workers will continue. Nationalist parties will gain a few more seats in the EU parliament, but the crucial decisions are made elsewhere to begin with.

The first one is the same c*nt who got schooled by the Hungarian foreign minister.
It's insane that the British people have to fund this kind of propaganda with enforced licence fees (FYI, same system in Germany. Maybe even worse, because they can legally take it out of your wages should you refuse to pay).

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
The first one is the same c*nt who got schooled by the Hungarian foreign minister.
It's insane that the British people have to fund this kind of propaganda with enforced licence fees (FYI, same system in Germany. Maybe even worse, because they can legally take it out of your wages should you refuse to pay).
She's also the holier than thou virtue signaller who was photographed in Las Vegas slavering over a male stripper.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Nothing wrong with a gal slavering over some beefcake.
Yes, but in the opposite case i.e. a man salivating over a female stripper, she would be one be leading the charge of I accuse the man of being a sexist pig.

Meanwhile, a letter has been published by several French generals and senior military personnel accusing Macron of treason:

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/12/m...gning-un-migration-pact/#.XBQg9ukKkH0.twitter

Civil war or partitioning of France within the next decade.

Scherensammler

Ratings
Yes, but in the opposite case i.e. a man salivating over a female stripper, she would be one be leading the charge of I accuse the man of being a sexist pig.
When women do it it's "empowerment"!
It maybe a Scottish gals thing, but not far away in Newton Stewart a male stripper was afraid to do his job because the ladies were so wild he preferred to stay in the men's rest room.

Meanwhile, a letter has been published by several French generals and senior military personnel accusing Macron of treason:
There are quite a few things recently that have not been put to the people:
Article 13, the new Orwellian style copyright law.
Global Compact for Migration/ on refugees (signed by almost every nation with very few exceptions, the US have pulled out of both of them, Israel is not even mentioned in it). Even Hungary signed the one regarding refugees.
In that respect most political leaders have committed treason. I'm surprised that nobody has accused Theresa May.
Question: Where does the City of London stand regarding Brexit? Listened to a brilliantly delivered speech by JRM and he complained that the City of London is bound by EU rules.

Either way, TM came back even more humiliated by the EU. So she might be gone soon, no matter how much she tries to cling on to her job.

formby

Ratings
I can't wait for the Crimbo break, I'm all Brexit-ed out...

In fact I'm tempted to ask the mods to temporarily lock this thread for the duration of the break. LOL.

Kingstonian

Ratings
Brexit fatigue was a plan to get the public to cave in and get the discussion out of the way. Exemplified by super moron Danny Dyer. ‘Brexit wots that all abaht then?’ Wallowing in his own ignorance. ‘Where is the geezer that started all this?’ Let me get back to East Enders, Strictly come dancing and football on the telly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W77154J0-w

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
What are the other two?
There's a thread on another forum that's basically a best of the best of the Black People Twitter subreddit that is constant gold. The third thread would be a tossup I imagine. The old inane thread on FNB in it's heyday would be there for sure.

Top Bottom