Brexit - The UK and the EU

It sure isn't a marriage either. And AFAIK it's called EU membership.
The EU still keeps half of what the main contributors pay into it. Most of it goes to countries of the former Warsaw Pact, here foremost Poland who gets a whooping 10 billion every year out of it's membership.
The EU is a power and money grab/ redistribution operation, it's no wonder people start to call it EUSSR.

I've nothing against Britain being a net contributor to the EU, I've also nothing against poorer countries being given 'hand outs' as long as they spend it well, on infrastructure and the like. I consider it to be like an investment, good infrastructure allows countries to become wealthier they trade more, buy more. Win-win.

What mildly annoys me are those who think that the EU somehow funds the UK.

The EU has a weird system of using the money it gets.
Every now and again it gets mentioned that a lot of agricultural production gets destroyed to keep the prices at a constant (high) level.
They tried to pay farmers for not using a portion of their land to reduce over production, but the farmers just used the remaining land more intensively. Plus, does Italy need to import French fruits and vegetables and vice versa?
Never mind variety when it comes to things like wine and such, but fruit and veg that grows just the same in your own country?

The EU has a weird system of using the money it gets.
Every now and again it gets mentioned that a lot of agricultural production gets destroyed to keep the prices at a constant (high) level.
They tried to pay farmers for not using a portion of their land to reduce over production, but the farmers just used the remaining land more intensively. Plus, does Italy need to import French fruits and vegetables and vice versa?
Never mind variety when it comes to things like wine and such, but fruit and veg that grows just the same in your own country?

Well, there was the infamous wine lakes and butter mountains. The EU was destroying tons of food whilst kids were starving to death in Africa. Its funny how the defenders of the EU forget that.

What went on yesterday, even with the MSM penchance for Fake News, is truly ghastly and a betrayal of the British people. The PM was willing to sacrifice Northern Ireland and risk a return to the Troubles to prostrate herself before her Masters in Brussels. What mischief is this?

One hopes the 1922 Committee will soon have the authority to act and remove this rancid woman.

Arlene is "too busy" to meet May.

That's how well our prime minister is regarded now.

I hope the DUP go for the "Samson" option and bring the whole government down. There is nothing for me in the current Brexit talks.

Excellent snub by Arlene.

May's wings are clipped, she's going nowhere today, certainly not back to Brussels.

We now know for certain that May is a traitor and willing to break-up the UK on the instruction of the EU. Notice how quick the fith column in London and Scotland jumped up with their demands for separatism.

We have won this battle, but it's hard to fight when your leader is working for the other side. She must go.

Sounds like everything is playing 95% to the EU tune, with the latest agreements. If I was a brexiter, I would be pissed.

Sounds like everything is playing 95% to the EU tune, with the latest agreements. If I was a brexiter, I would be pissed.

Very much so, by my estimate, the traction by being first out will now be lost. The Brits will find themselves at the starter gate with the rest of the herd when the EU breaks up in a shambles by the mid the 2020s. Likely the electorate will not forgive the Tories.

However, it does appear the Traitor Class have declared their hand too early. The betrayal should have been played much later when it was all too late. Opportunity now for JRM to storm the reality studio....

True. The hand has been known by the EU for a long time, and shown (...to be fucked up) on the internal side too soon.
Bit of a bumpy ride from here on out.

The only glimmer of hope is that '''nothing is agreed, until everything is agreed....'' So there's still chance that the UK may be the first to break out.

It is just a glimmer though.

EU very happy. Clause 49 could force UK to be ‘aligned’ indefinitely on the excuse that Ireland cannot be sorted. So pay a big wedge, no say in what goes on, no competitive advantage. A disenfranchised colony of the EU. Payment figure not finalised either. Could come back for more.

The EU like a weak prime minister and even if she does get removed(which would have happened by now if there were the will to do so)there is always a chance Labour will throw a spanner in the works.

What’s not to like?

It is just a glimmer though.

EU very happy. Clause 49 could force UK to be ‘aligned’ indefinitely on the excuse that Ireland cannot be sorted. So pay a big wedge, no say in what goes on, no competitive advantage. A disenfranchised colony of the EU. Payment figure not finalised either. Could come back for more.

The EU like a weak prime minister and even if she does get removed(which would have happened by now if there were the will to do so)there is always a chance Labour will throw a spanner in the works.

What’s not to like?

The warning of betrayal were there from the beginning: ''We do not seek a competitive advantage....''

She always struck me like the barren primary school teacher with halitosis that no one liked.

I feel that the sins of PM May and the EU will only be cleansed in blood now. The break-up may end up being very bloody indeed. Why: because the technocratic elite has nowhere else to go.

I hope not, but the shame of the UK will be that they stayed when they could of broken free. This will reverberate for years and be a stain on the national character. Weak, unsure of themselves and completely drained of the essence that made Britain Great.

It’s a numbers game and remainers and closet remainers have the numbers in parliament.

Alternatively, it is a very clever tactic to string it along until the EU show their hand on trade arrangements when it becomes ‘No Deal’ with full justification and all avenues explored. That is just wishful thinking though.

One problem now is that the remainers in the Tory party have the leverage, if the Brexiteers in the party rebelled that could bring the government down, force a general election and the risk of a Corbyn government, so they will suck it up. The Tories have a long history of putting party before country.

One problem now is that the remainers in the Tory party have the leverage, if the Brexiteers in the party rebelled that could bring the government down, force a general election and the risk of a Corbyn government, so they will suck it up. The Tories have a long history of putting party before country.

The Brexiteers must rebel, otherwise it's tits up for the Tory party next election. Sadly, little chance of that now that they're painting May's capitulation as a triumph. She knows she has the Deep State and the globalistas behind her. She's going nowhere and there will be no meaningful Brexit with her at the helm.

If the Tories don't deliver Brexit, they'll be punished at the next election and the risk of a Momentum regime is likely. Their purge of the Labour moderates is well underway now.

What a fuck up: tied to a failing EU and the communists waiting the wings.

No wonder Trump considers May's Tory party inconsequential. He's dead right.

Brexit is endangered, but what then? The electorate will know for certain that there is no democracy in the UK and the will of the people is to be denied.

The Archbishop of Canterbury had to ask the Tories to simmer down on the personal insults? Is he still a moral authority for parliamentarians?

The Archbishop of Canterbury had to ask the Tories to simmer down on the personal insults? Is he still a moral authority for parliamentarians?

“Moral authority”?

The old Etonian who wants to abolish grammar schools.

‘I’m alright Jack’ is more like it.

Most of the polls I've seen is that the Brits are now overwhelmingly in favour of a sheer Brexit on account of the behaviour of the EU technocratic gobshite bullying elite of rank mediocrities.

The EU's going to put sanctions on Poland! We now see the future of how the EU will hold it all together: a mixture of threats and sanctions, targetted dole money set against the collapsing of the generous welfare states, Islamist and other terrorism with the fall of Greece thrown in for good measure.

The Brits can't scoff too much as yet for being the first out, who could have predicted that London would become a world leader in acid attacks and electoral fraud?

The next few years are going to a roller coaster ride, time to get ready to ride the big wave out of here....

What person of talent would enter public life after the treatment Young has received for the heinous crime of being asked to join an advisory body.

We're in a very bad place. When the reshuffle is deliberately advertised as May getting rid of middle aged men, the so called ''pale, male and stale'' and no one see's the canker of absurd identity politics in this. There is great evil waiting in the wings and I fear the our liberal progressive virtue signalling elites are blindly leading us into putting our heads in the mouth of the crocodile.

This marginalization of white males as the embodiment of toxic masculinity and the patriarch needs to be exposed as the race hatred it really is.

The fact that May is buying into this, is further evidence that she must go.

McVities used to be part of United Biscuits. I have never heard of Pladis.

McVities factory and its distinctive aroma is one of the few nice things about Harlesden.

Unbranded biscuits from Lidl Aldi and other supermarkets will offer better value.

When I worked as a Saturday boy in Woolworths we used to sell loose biscuits by weight from a big tin. Maybe that will come back with the move away from plastic packaging.

Sad, but true:

un.png

All the rebels talk the talk but that’s it. ’Risk averse’ is the term used to describe them in some journals, in other words MPs in marginal seats who fear another election and prefer to keep taking their salary for as long as they can.

Henry Bolton's out and once again we find him beltless surrounded by utter arseholes:

a bunch of tossers.png

Hard to believe someone of his military background could be so utterly useless and have all the bearing and gravitas of a Post Office clerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom