Brexit - The UK and the EU

Looks like May is toast! Apparently she is now too "toxic" for parliament to vote for her deal and will be replaced soon.
That "deal" is still a
1553455556270.png
and will stay so, no matter who presents it.

Looks like May is toast! Apparently she is now too "toxic" for parliament to vote for her deal and will be replaced soon.
That "deal" is still a View attachment 31848 and will stay so, no matter who presents it.

A classic case of EU overreach. The deal was so one sided and delivered the UK to nothing more than a non-voting colony to the Brussels. Now the mask of sanity is removed and the whole world and even the idiot Tory MP's can see May for the quisling traitor she truly is, along with being on the autism spectrum. A national humiliation indeed!

Now the time is for the chief whip to stop crying, lock and load and man up:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47689415

"As many as six other options, in addition to Mrs May's deal, could be put to votes to see which are most popular."

I'm not sure which is more sad. There are six options or parliament is bothering to spend the resources to put each one to vote. Surely there is some discussion that can narrow it down to two. This makes it sound like some reality television show contest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47689415

"As many as six other options, in addition to Mrs May's deal, could be put to votes to see which are most popular."

I'm not sure which is more sad. There are six options or parliament is bothering to spend the resources to put each one to vote. Surely there is some discussion that can narrow it down to two. This makes it sound like some reality television show contest.

Most of those options have already been voted down. May's "deal", no deal, 2nd referendum. So what we are left with is cancelling Brexit altogether.
  • 1. Revoke Article 50
  • 2. A second referendum
  • 3. Theresa May’s Brexit deal
  • 4. Theresa May’s Brexit deal + customs union
  • 5. Theresa May’s Brexit deal + customs union and single market access
  • 6. Standard free-trade agreement
  • 7. No-deal Brexit
Funnily enough, aren't 6 and 7 the same? It's only the media that make it look as if no deal is without any rules and regulations.
And lets not forget that the EU will have to agree again. Although I guess it will be happy if option 1 prevails.

I just turned on BBC at 2315 (well 2215 in London) and they're still voting?

A source inside the Commons tells me that one of the pivotal motions to be put to the House this Wednesday is to replace the national anthem with the Benny Hill music:

Boris Johnson will support the May deal now that she promises to resign.

DUP says No Surrender.

Bercow might not even allow a third vote on it as there is no significant change.

All good news.

DUP says No Surrender.

Bercow might not even allow a third vote on it as there is no significant change.

All good news.

The DUP are serious cats, they're not going to sell out for thirty pieces of silver.

I read the arguments from Brexiteers to vote for the terrible deal yesterday, and I also understand that Boris was booed and hissed off stage when he stated he might vote for it. But with a No Deal Brexit still on the table, especially if the third vote is denied, May will not be able to continue and so the 'she will leave and we can put someone of some calibre in next' is hollow. Especially, as they will ensure another EU-Bot drone as the next PM.

The only real solution is a hard as voted for No Deal Brexit followed by the destruction of Conservatives and Labour parties in their present form. They must be brought to heel and rebuilt to represent their constituencies and those who's loyalty is to the oligarchy in Brussels can sling their hook.

On CNN they said Boris was grinning ear to ear after hearing her resignation pledge. I turned off the television because the pundits were saying the Conservatives were throwing in their hat for May's deal with her resignation so it was only the DUP and a few Labour votes she needed to bring it across the finish line. Apparently that was premature.

Remember that BoJo is a career politician first and that he went along with the stupid Salisbury poison story.
He is as much a globalist shill as May.
Looking at the referendum vote map I would have thought that Labour should be completely for no deal.
Trouble is that any deal with the EU, even the faintest, includes free movement of people.
So any taking back control (borders, laws) won't happen unless there is no deal.

Boris is an ambitious opportunist. He will do what he thinks will get him the PM’s job. Voters will not be so impressed at his sudden volteface though.

Same applies to Rees-Mogg. Too weak and timid in his case. He was on TV with Peston last night and, in line with his Victorian gentleman image, he offered a sickening encomium to May, talking about how ‘noble’ she was and other bollocks. Voters will recognise the words of Steve Baker and Bridgen and Francois as more realistic appraisals of her.

I thought it was Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Jeremy Hunt, and Boris Johnson in the running for the poison chalice. No mention of Mogg.

The US aside, has there ever been such a bunch of gormless and inept class of politicians as those currently in the House of Commons? BoJo is weaselly and a disgrace; Mogg is a coward and a flip flopper.

A bunch of blabbering flyweights.

I thought it was Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Jeremy Hunt, and Boris Johnson in the running for the poison chalice. No mention of Mogg.

Mogg says he does not want the job. Might just be saying that though, looking to be coaxed into the role. Still a disappointment though. Changing side at the last minute.

The US aside, has there ever been such a bunch of gormless and inept class of politicians as those currently in the House of Commons? BoJo is weaselly and a disgrace; Mogg is a coward and a flip flopper.

Try Germany these days! Actively spying on the only real competition in parliament and having a party put on the same list as terrorists. They would never, ever allow a Leave the EU referendum. Or any referendum for that matter.

JRM is indeed just a talker. A good one, but still no action. Don't think he'll have the support in the Tory party or among the people in the background who pull the strings. Probably just a useful idiot to insure the desired outcome.
Next vote on TM's shitty deal could be tomorrow, if allowed.

_106230665_optimised-wag_mv1_mv2_29032019-nc.png

Just a couple more votes lads...we're gaining with every vote. By the end of April it will be split even.

I'm not a student of the Westminster style parliamentary system of government but please fellow Aussies, Canucks, Kiwis and other Commonwealth countries chime in. If the PM of the leading party in parliament has failed not once but three times on a motion so significant then clearly the PM and his/her party has lost confidence of the house and therefore the government should fall and elections held to put the right people in charge. If this house can't decide on something so basic then what chance has it to actually govern.

I went to the Parliament Square event today before I knew the result of the vote at 2.30. I feared the worst after media spin and last-minute turncoats like Raab. I don’t do protests or marches but it was the least I could do.

Good speeches from Kate Hoey, Mr. Francois, Mr. Bone, Tim Martin of Wetherspoons amongst others. I was a few feet away from Nigel Farage who was ‘having a fag’. He came on to rapturous applause.

Cheered me up. No Surrender.

Broke my journey home at a Wetherspoons. Some joker had stuck a ‘Bollocks to Brexit’ sticker on the front door like that sad Rod Stewart wannabe from Pimlico Plumbers. I removed it on my way out.

Up until now he had quite a following in the Uk. It was called "Mogg-mentum". Not sure how much of that will be left now...

Reading comments under YT videos where JRM is involved, people are really angry about him flipping sides.
Next phase will be BoJo wanting to be PM and JRM will likely support him, might even score a minister job...

_106230665_optimised-wag_mv1_mv2_29032019-nc.png

Just a couple more votes lads...we're gaining with every vote. By the end of April it will be split even.

You are not wrong: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/29/mps-reject-theresa-mays-brexit-deal-third-time

May hopes to hold fourth vote on Brexit deal

They're certainly lacking any bulldog spirit, GUP or substance. This failure of the calibre of the political class has to be addressed.

Try Germany these days! Actively spying on the only real competition in parliament and having a party put on the same list as terrorists. They would never, ever allow a Leave the EU referendum. Or any referendum for that matter.

I thought the AfD won a case to stop Merkel using the intelligence services to spy on them?

'Tis true, I had high hopes for the Mogg. His sell-out exposes him as ultimately lacking in all moral fibre. At the decisive moment, despite promising to hold the line if the DUP did and they did....he voted for the contemptible surrender treaty. As Michael Portillo states there are only 2 options now: leave without a deal, or stay-in to regroup to continue the fight later. May's agreement is a trap and will create serfdom for the Brits.

I went to the Parliament Square event today before I knew the result of the vote at 2.30. I feared the worst after media spin and last-minute turncoats like Raab. I don’t do protests or marches but it was the least I could do.

Good speeches from Kate Hoey, Mr. Francois, Mr. Bone, Tim Martin of Wetherspoons amongst others. I was a few feet away from Nigel Farage who was ‘having a fag’. He came on to rapturous applause.

Cheered me up. No Surrender.

Broke my journey home at a Wetherspoons. Some joker had stuck a ‘Bollocks to Brexit’ sticker on the front door like that sad Rod Stewart wannabe from Pimlico Plumbers. I removed it on my way out.

Good for you!

She's certainly woven quite a tapestry, but the verdict is still out as to whether this was deliberate by design, or whether she is completely inept. And she's certainly diminished and humiliated the UK in the eyes of the world. I lean on the side that she is an agent on a foreign power and she has done the job as planned.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Peter Hitchens (surviving brother of Christopher) holds a similar position. He sees no intent or conspiracy in May's actions, only the utter ineptness of the UK political class. Whilst he agrees that the EU is a corrupt oligarchy and who's centralisation is Soviet in structure, he was against Brexit and abstained as he realised that the UK politicians and civil service are sufficiently unprofessional as to be unable to run a modern nation state on their own.

I am afraid I see intent with May: regular and sustained mendacity, contempt of Parliament, ignoring her Brexit ministers and going to see Merkel to unveil her agreement before her cabinet. The last is unforgivable and if the Bruges Group posting was right, she has acted with dishonesty and in collusion with Merkel from day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom