Brexit - The UK and the EU

Allow me to offer, in the spirit of detente; a simpler, condensed version:

'I made a stupid remark, an unsubstantiated generalism, something that I often pull-up others for...OK!'

Happy now, Mr Thin-skinned...?
Nah, I liked mine better. And I bet the reason you keep on going is because you’d be one of the stupid wankers complaining about being in the “slow queue”.

Nah, I liked mine better. And I bet the reason you keep on going is because you’d be one of the stupid wankers complaining about being in the “slow queue”.
I'm British, I've spent a not inconsiderable amount of my life queuing, its hardly a novel experience! I also have to queue to get into countries outside the EU anyway. So, no.

I'd love to continue this tete-a-tete, intellectually stimulating as it is, but the family cat and Barry Manilow beckon.

1651435960877.png

There are arguments, typically but not exclusively made by Marxist historians that Britain's obsession with the running of its Empire led to an underclass developing. That is, whilst concentrating on its Empire and seeking investment opportunities abroad, it neglected affairs at home.

I think there's some truth to it.

"[...]From May 1, UK licence holders who have been resident in Spain for more than six months and did not exchange their licence during the transition period will no longer be able to drive legally in Spain"

They should have changed [their] licenses over.

edit sp?

Last edited:
The British writer Anthony Daniels (Theodore Dalrymple) is probally the best modern chronicler of the British underclass. His analysis is often brutal though.
Yes, but the lower orders in the UK are brutalized...

And you don't have to seek them out. You will come across them soon enough in the UK. They're here too, some of the estates in Utrecht will shock you and elsewhere, and the several sink estates in The Hague too, but you won't come across it by random, in normal day to day interactions.

The underclass in the UK is like the dirty verboten secret we can never talk about. And yet they're a lot more prominent than in other European nations as a percentage of the population. France does a good runner up if not worse in some cities.
"[...]From May 1, UK licence holders who have been resident in Spain for more than six months and did not exchange their licence during the transition period will no longer be able to drive legally in Spain"
They should have changed [their] licenses over.

edit sp?
Again, another nothing burger...Spain has aligned themselves with other countries. The Netherlands had the exact same policy when I arrived back in the early 2000's. Swap over in 6 months, or you have to retake your driving test. Hardly a show stopper.

Of course, you do have a problem if you don't swap over, and you're not resident in the UK, as you won't be able to renew your UK license without being resident in the UK.

Last edited:
You'll be glad to know that the first egg thrower is a very middle class and middle aged director of an arts centre with a Jeremy Corbyn beard to hide his double chin.
I’m not sure how that would make me any happier than if it was a young chav or an old pensioner.

I’m not sure how that would make me any happier than if it was a young chav or an old pensioner.
In the first case, if you had anything about you, you'd be making mega-bucks on the illegal drug trade and you wouldn't give two fucks about Thatcher...if you're an OAP, or approaching it, you're biggest gripe is with Gordon Brown who trashed the 2/3rd and private pension schemes.

In the first case, if you had anything about you, you'd be making mega-bucks on the illegal drug trade and you wouldn't give two fucks about Thatcher...if you're an OAP, or approaching it, you're biggest gripe is with Gordon Brown who trashed the 2/3rd and private pension schemes.
Maybe they’re all Irish

Thatcher statue egg thrower -> defending Putin.
No, just another middle class chinless wonder - quite literally - hiding his double chin behind his beard.

But I'm more interested will our Grand Potentate declare his support for Putin, or not?

I await with bated breath.

You wouldn't give it a thought defending Putin's Russia would you?
i'm definitely curious how you managed to connect those two dots.

Thatcher statue egg thrower -> defending Putin.
stand by for more information

No, just another middle class chinless wonder - quite literally - hiding his double chin behind his beard.

But I'm more interested will our Grand Potentate declare his support for Putin, or not?

I await with bated breath.
why do you give a fuck what i think about putin?

1. What in the name of god has a double chin got to do with anything, including Putin?

2. What seems to be the problem with his chin?
1652738465427.jpeg

You really do focus on the most inane things.

why do you give a fuck what i think about putin?
You seem to be trying to label the Ukrainian resistance as made up of Neo Nazis, is it not your position?

1. What in the name of god has a double chin got to do with anything, including Putin
2. What seems to be the problem with his chin?
View attachment 43580
You really do focus on the most inane things.
He's a middle aged prat, is that not enough?

That's 2,000-2,500 with zero political clout gaining no seats in government. They do have some tanks though.

It’s more than that.

And to be very clear: you can oppose the Russian invasion and support the liberation of all of Ukraine while still being critical of their alliance with the far right.

Well how about all the non-Azov Nazis in the government? Do they count? E.g. in Lemberg:
Or what about other non-Azov Nazi friends like e.g. Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany? Do they count?
The point is the ultra-nationalist neo-nazis in Ukraine got less than 2% at the ballot box and got zero seats in the parliament. So they have zero political representation and have insufficient support to even gain one seat in government.

In army of now over a million, they represent a very small contingent and won't find themselves players at the end of this.

The point is the ultra-nationalist neo-nazis in Ukraine got less than 2% at the ballot box and got zero seats in the parliament. So they have zero political representation and have insufficient support to even gain one seat in government.
not true
In army of now over a million, they represent a very small contingent and won't find themselves players at the end of this.
also not true. they were a major part of the action in mariupol.

Why don't you focus your attention on the real culprits hers, the Russians rather than being a modern day equivalent of Lenin's useful idiot.
check my post history on this and you'll see that i've never done anything other than say its fucked all around.

check my post history on this and you'll see that i've never done anything other than say its fucked all around.
No, it isn't fucked all around, there isn't a proxy war going on, there is no equivalences between sides. What there is, is a fascistic mafia state which feels in can invade a neighboring country because it believes itself to have a veto over said country's foreign policy and it is quite willing to commit war atrocities to further that aim whilst operating under auspices of nuclear blackmail.

That is what we have.

there isn't a proxy war going on
then why are we sending billions of dollars of weapons to the ukraine???

there is no equivalences between sides
i never said there were.

What there is, is a fascistic mafia state which feels in can invade a neighboring country because it believes itself to have a veto over said country's foreign policy and it is quite willing to commit war atrocities to further that aim whilst operating under auspices of nuclear blackmail.
ok this changes nothing about anything that i've ever said.

No, it isn't fucked all around, there isn't a proxy war going on, there is no equivalences between sides. What there is, is a fascistic mafia state which feels in can invade a neighboring country because it believes itself to have a veto over said country's foreign policy and it is quite willing to commit war atrocities to further that aim whilst operating under auspices of nuclear blackmail.

That is what we have.
out of curiosity what's your take on nato?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom