Clothing documentaries

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Here is a beauty to start it off.

The Congo Dandies: living in poverty and spending a fortune to look like a million dollars

These are lads that love nothing more than to put on their best clothes and hang out together. They'll pay $$$$ for clothing and shoos and they don't seem to care if their families struggle and go without. The clothes are all about them being able to live a dream.

Some previews

Last edited:
Hugo explains why the French bespoke shoemakers are the tops. He also speaks well of Gaziano & Girling and Anthony Delos, and rightly so.

Good video. A nice well rounded conversation on bespoke makers. The most interesting point Hugo made was that the Japanese bespoke shoemakers are trained to make shoes for flat feet (average Japanese man has flat feet apparently) so they would have a limited international appeal because of this (my understanding).

Last edited:
Hugo explains why the French bespoke shoemakers are the tops. He also speaks well of Gaziano & Girling and Anthony Delos, and rightly so.

Good video. A nice well rounded conversation on bespoke makers. The most interesting point Hugo made was that the Japanese bespoke shoemakers are trained to make shoes for flat feet (average Japanese man has flat feet apparently) so they would have a limited international appeal because of this (my understanding).

i don't have much experience with shoo making so i will refrain from commenting, but his best tailors and gentelman videos are pedestrian at best. it is also not possible to watch without being somewhat skeptical knowing the freebies and discounts he has recieved. finally his personal style is bodering on repulsive and calls everything else into question. still the production is fairly good and they are somewhat entertaining because I love the subject and his accent.

I've spoken to a few who have met Hugo and the word is "he's a good bloke"

Hugo comes across as a good bloke. He has a good vibe about him.

His video on the shoos seemed to be from his heart and not influenced by money. Yes, his videos have very basic info in them.

I think Hugo can look very smart, he has his unique style. Even more important is that he is comfortable in his style and pulls it off.

I could probably be mates with Hugo, no worries mate.

Ololo top video. The bespoke journey from coke head to born again Christian. Slightly better than the Ethan Newton chinaman route from Chan to swastika adorned streetware.

Despite my enormous dislike for his style I do agree that Hugo seems immensely confident and comfortable in his clothes. Which is a lot more than can be said for many of his peers. The only blogger that came off equally comfortable in his own skin and clothes was Will. A shame he sold the farm to Kirby.

Last edited:
This one's even better. You see him breaking the bread and drinking the wine with his wife. Quite touching. No, it's not a double entendre.

https://www.facebook.com/churchoftheapostles/videos/10155904955327460

Re. confident and comfortable, Bernhard Roetzel and Henrik Hjerl seem to be supremely comfortable in theirs. It's probably got something to do with the age of the wearer. Younger iGents come across as pushing.

Last edited:
Ololo top video. The bespoke journey from coke head to born again Christian. Slightly better than the Ethan Newton chinaman route from Chan to swastika adorned streetware.

Despite my enormous dislike for his style I do agree that Hugo seems immensely confident and comfortable in his clothes. Which is a lot more than can be said for many of his peers. The only blogger that came off equally comfortable in his own skin and clothes was Will. A shame he sold the farm to Kirby.

Will looked great imho. Somewhat dandyish but I think his age and circumstances made him capable of pulling it off.

Reviving old thread with a good clothing video. It discusses how the dreaded modern cut clothing doesn't work for most body types.

I find l can't buy much rtw anymore. Pants, jackets and shirts just don't work for me. Many jackets fit like shirts, so silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom