Club Monaco

Russell Street

King Of The Trolls
Supporter
This may well turn into a Q&A between myself and Leitmotif Leitmotif , but there exists a Uniqlo thread and I think this similar brand/store warrants a thread.

First, Thom Browne cut his teeth at Club Monaco. IMO they still seem to bear the ill effects of this with the low-rise tight pants and all.

Anyway, I've stepped into one of their shops once or twice, never tried on anything. Thanks to a FNB Ivy post, I think I'll be swinging by one this weekend, as one can get an American made undarted madras coat for ~$120 or similarly, an American made oxford on sale for ~$35 with the right coupon code. My last store impression was that it was nice enough stuff but it cost too much for Chinese manufacture. Clearly, they do lots of sales and they have a decent selection of US-made stuff, at least on line. Supposedly their short and skinny sizing can be offset with upsizing. I'll see.

Anyway, the brand has a distinctive enough style. They seem to really like prints. The price point seems to be, correct me if I'm wrong, on par with other mall fashion places like BR or J Crew.

This is a wide open all-inclusive thread. Anything you know or think about Club Monaco (like that I hate the name, as it's not a club, and I'm not sure what it has to do with Monaco) goes here.

I like club monaco because in comparison with what j cre sells it feels/looks better than anything jcrew has to offer. Also the pants/chinos they offer are great and the fit is way better than anythig i have tried so far, i would say even better than incotex. Also, its kind of hard to beat what they offer for the prices whe. It comes to their stuff on sale. I grabbed last year my navy rancourt for 80 dollars, 200 pants for 20 dollars and so forth.

At the moment im waiting for two made in the usa shirts, one of them being a pull over ocbd that iwth the coupon was 29 dollars i believe

I'll have to investigate their chinos, as I have to restock. In photos, they tend to often look off even on the twiggy models, so I suspect they would be awful on my stocky self. But given the blur on their product photo zooms ( Arnathor Arnathor can critique), they may just be really bad at photography.

I must add that they suffer from the trouble of many fashion-forward shops that cater to both sexes in that you're always a little uneasy of where the divide is.

Their UK pricing is extremely shitty. That madras jacket is $199 in the US, and £201($316) in the UK.

At the moment im waiting for two made in the usa shirts, one of them being a pull over ocbd that iwth the coupon was 29 dollars i believe
Let me know how they compare to, say, Gitman. I have a feeling they won't be found in mall stores.
I'd love to know why the pricing is so screwy for the UK.

Let me know how they compare to, say, Gitman. I have a feeling they won't be found in mall stores.
I'd love to know why the pricing is so screwy for the UK.

Will do sir! I have tried gitman before and did not like, lets hope is not the case. Probably I'm used to the quality of Zegna, that although being clealry unshirts, they are far better than others. A company that makes good shirts and can be found cheaply are Wallin and bros by nordstrom. I have two of their shirts, didn't pay more than 20 dollars for them and fuckers have a great collar roll, light fabric, and they hold up pretty well. The only thing I have always need to do to them is the length of the sleeve, too damn long.

I'm curious whom is making their USA stuff, as the usual suspects of American production don't seem right. I'd guess Kenneth Gordon does the shirts, but I have no clue on the rest.

I'm curious whom is making their USA stuff, as the usual suspects of American production don't seem right. I'd guess Kenneth Gordon does the shirts, but I have no clue on the rest.

No idea, will take pictures, maybe you can find out. I bought those clothes yesterday and they already gonna be here by Saturday afternoon and shipping was free.

I did not know there was an RL connection.
Also frm wikipedia: "Each month, Club Monaco brings in a new collection, alternating between casual styles during the northern spring and summer and more formal offerings during autumn and winter."
Yikes, no wonder they are always putting stuff on sale.

Some of the club monaco chinos that i have got. The purple/burngundy or whatever were 15 dollars.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom