Color Perception

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
I've always harbor a sneaking suspicion that vast swathes of humanity is colorblind, given some of the pictures and questions you see on fora only reinforces this notion, and this idiotic blue dress thing has brought it to national consciousness apparently. I usually miss this sort of pop culture silliness, but this thing was so pervasive it couldn't be avoided. How anyone thought the dress isn't blue, I will never know, but as over half of the respondents (I'm not sure how this was aggregated honestly, maybe in a Pew survey or something) though it was white, which is stunning. Apparently many people have bigger gaps in their visual acuity than I would have guessed, and the infill processing the brain does to fill it is not terribly accurate.

There is a neat spectral test if anyone want to see how there color perception really is. Score is 0-99, with 0 being perfect.

Color Test - Online Color Challenge | X-Rite

Have you been paying attention to the white dress that's been breaking the Internet into color factions?

Have you been paying attention to the white dress that's been breaking the Internet into color factions?

55253355.jpg

You are posting an article that explains why you can't see the real color I hope you realize

Color test result = 10, with small deficiencies moving from green to blue, and purple back into red.

:challengeaccepted:Posted to annoy certain people that think otherwise of me...
Online ColorIQ Challenge Results
You have perfect color vision!
FM Hue Test Results
A lower score is better, with ZERO being the perfect score. The bars above show the regions of the color spectrum where hue discrimination is low.
That was a tricky test and if I wasn't a perfectionist, several of those hues could easily have been mixed up.

Regarding the original premise, I rather suspect deficient taste is more often the problem. Or maybe different cultural ideas about what colors complement each other. I might need to do a thesis on why Indians and some other groups seem to have problems pairing Western clothing in a coherent manner...

I've always harbor a sneaking suspicion that vast swathes of humanity is colorblind, given some of the pictures and questions you see on fora only reinforces this notion, and this idiotic blue dress thing has brought it to national consciousness apparently. I usually miss this sort of pop culture silliness, but this thing was so pervasive it couldn't be avoided. How anyone thought the dress isn't blue, I will never know, but as over half of the respondents (I'm not sure how this was aggregated honestly, maybe in a Pew survey or something) though it was white, which is stunning. Apparently many people have bigger gaps in their visual acuity than I would have guessed, and the infill processing the brain does to fill it is not terribly accurate.

There is a neat spectral test if anyone want to see how there color perception really is. Score is 0-99, with 0 being perfect.

Color Test - Online Color Challenge | X-Rite
Took the test and got an 8. Was a bit tough on my laptop since I had to bump the brightness all the way up to get the proper clarity. Am a little blind now.

Took the test and got an 8. Was a bit tough on my laptop since I had to bump the brightness all the way up to get the proper clarity. Am a little blind now.
It will give you a wicked headache if you look at it long enough

I did not have the patience to go through that colour hue test. The National Institute for the Blind is mailing me a seeing eye dog

That was quick. How could you tell what kind of dog it was anyway? Did Hellen Keller have a Blue Healer?

CNIB has dog depots in every city for quick ship. Package deal, you get dog, cane and Persol shades (upgrade). I can still make out shapes and it looked like a Samoyed

CNIB has dog depots in every city for quick ship. Package deal, you get dog, cane and Persol shades (upgrade). I can still make out shapes and it looked like a Samoyed

You should be a lookout on Inspector Clouseau's beat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom