Cop Tyranny Thread

The mistake that United made was allowing passengers to board before the last passenger agreed to be reassigned. If the ticketing agent said no one boards unless we have all 4 passengers required, this would not have happened.

Also the other passengers were such jackasses. Instead of video taping, someone could have voluntarily deplaned. Age of social media at its worst.

What I don't get is they were all going to Kentucky. How could they all turn down a free flight & $800. It's not like they had jobs to get back to.

"White people are always opressing minorities" sorry, you are 37 and broke is not anyones fault but yours for having 4 kids. You stupid fucking hindu.

I agree generally, but this also means that it's Joe Heroinaddict's fault that he is a Northern Arkansas deadbeat, not globilization. These are generally the people that scream the loudest about Tyrone getting his dole money because it's his fault he doesn't work, not that there is no opportunity. But when the shoe is on the other foot, well...

Sadly, it's never happened to me. No problem with getting bumped on the company pay check. So long as it's somewhere half-decent.

Social media has died down dramatically since yesterday. This will be forgotten as soon as the social media generation jumps on the next dumbass topic to bitch about

Social media has died down dramatically since yesterday. This will be forgotten as soon as the social media generation jumps on the next dumbass topic to bitch about

Watching the daughter in a press conference was cringeworthy. You might as well roll out Gloria Alred at this point.

Looks like a Clash of the Idiots. Idiot passenger meets Idiot united airlines staffer add Idiot security thug and mix

The seedy elements in his background discredits him, he is not after all a member of the British Parliament where such credentials are applauded, he's down with the peasants like the rest of us. He will settle out of court for an undisclosed figure and disappear. As he should.

I think he was standoffish. In no way do I suggest he deserved a beating, but this situation would have resolved if any of the three parties involved would have taken a different approach.

I was more pissed off by the people who videotaped the situation as opposed to just volunteered to deplane.

Obviously he is an amateur traveler and did not read the fine prints that come every time a ticket is purchased.

I think he was standoffish. In no way do I suggest he deserved a beating, but this situation would have resolved if any of the three parties involved would have taken a different approach.

I was more pissed off by the people who videotaped the situation as opposed to just volunteered to deplane.

Obviously he is an amateur traveler and did not read the fine prints that come every time a ticket is purchased.

In no way should he have been manhandled they way he was.

That said, he makes poor choices in life.

Trafficking in Rx narcotics, paying for man sex with narcotics. He is in trouble with his medical licensing again, only allowed to practice one day per week two years after getting his license back after a 7 year suspension.

He had initially agreed to get off the plane but then changed his mind when he found out he would have to fly the next day.

That is when he used the "I am a doctor and have patients" line. Would be interesting to see if he was indeed working his one day per week on Monday and really needed to get back home.

There most likely will be a settlement. Dao's lawyer specializes in these kind of cases. Reportedly he has won more than a billion dollars in personal injury settlements for his clients.

Who cares what his reasons were? Or what his history is? The guy should not be forced off the plane. While they may create terms and conditions in their fine print, I have trouble believing how this doesn't constitute false advertising.

You can't introduce a term/condition that violates the law.

That man broke no law, so I don't even understand how law enforcement can take any action against him. I suppose it's the airline regulations that allow for anytime/any reason removal from a place.

To all those regulation lovers, I hope you're happy.

Those who love regulations (union/FAA/etc) are also the ones bitching the loudest.

Oscar Munoz was put in a difficult situation: satisfying the union mobs or the customer base. Obviously he took the wrong gamble. Also since this guy was Asian (Chinese?), United also ran into the race targeting debacle.

God I hate lawyers. Thankfully I rarely fly united, I foresee a hike in ticketing prices once the dust settles.

Who cares what his reasons were? Or what his history is? The guy should not be forced off the plane. While they may create terms and conditions in their fine print, I have trouble believing how this doesn't constitute false advertising.

You can't introduce a term/condition that violates the law.

That man broke no law, so I don't even understand how law enforcement can take any action against him. I suppose it's the airline regulations that allow for anytime/any reason removal from a place.

To all those regulation lovers, I hope you're happy.

As I said, he should have not been manhandled and dragged off the plane. No one should.

He should not have agreed to voluntarily get off and then change his mind.

United should not be so cheap ass and offered better compensation for Dr. Dao.

Any bumping and offers of compensation should have been done prior to boarding.

Compensation regulations should be changed by the gubment to favour passengers and not the airline.

United should have found an alternative way to deadhead the crew to Louisville.

The other people who made no fuss and accepted $800, a hotel room and a flight the next day should have relented in solidarity.

The ends don't justify the means.

I would not end up being dragged off a plane and neither would you.

Just saying.

Have you ever been bumped? Probably, I have.

Have you ever taken the airline offer and left later or the next day? Maybe. I have.

Have you ever been delayed by mechanical or weather? I am sure you have. I have. Was I always compensated correctly? Nope. You'll say this is not the same. I'll say did you continue to argue your case until some dumbass desk agent called security to persuade you or take you away because you were refusing to leave? Probably not. I haven't.

Have I been in a situation where I have been bumped and had patients the next day and wasn't compensated? Yes. Did the world end? No.

Could this have been you? No fucking way.

Have I trafficked in Rx narcotics, paid for man-sex with drugs, had my license revoked and limited? No.

Is this germane?

No, just wanted it on the record that I am not nor have ever been a felon who exchanged drugs for man-sex and had my license revoked and reinstated and then limited again who agreed to be bumped and then changed my mind and then had to be dragged off an airplane by force because I could not realize the situation at hand and make an alternative decision and was wrongfully injured because I thought it was a good idea to be dragged off a plane instead of deciding I wasn't going to get my way and will now be in line to get millions of dollars in injury settlements and who will be forgotten in time but I will now have all kinds of $$ to exchange for man-sex anytime I want now.

Nope, I am not the Vietnamese-American Rosa Parks. I come from Canadia, Peace, order and good government.

This can only happen in America. The greatest, freest country in the world.

Fight the good fight, Brother. You want I should make you a Dao graphic tee? Get it, graphic? What size are you? Large maybe? Nice Gilden one. Top quality. You want? Maybe with tie dye or batik?

Every party is at fault here.
no, no every party is NOT at fault here and the smear campaign that United is undertaking is fucking disgusting. This guy could have been a pedo and he still shouldn't have had his fucking teeth knocked out. the measure of his character is in no way relevant to the treatment that he received.

no, no every party is NOT at fault here and the smear campaign that United is undertaking is fucking disgusting. This guy could have been a pedo and he still shouldn't have had his fucking teeth knocked out. the measure of his character is in no way relevant to the treatment that he received.
Do you even victim blame bro?

change your avatar please, whenever i see it I think is dropbear.

I have never implied nor stated the Azn deserved the beating he got. However the stipulations are well stated prior to purchase, not that everyone reads them.

If that little fucker was properly muscled up on steroids and dressed in wealthy persons hobo gear like our Pauly this would never have happened.
download_20170414_213714-jpg.21670

OfficePants OfficePants get your ass to this thread

Bitch I started this fucking thread. Don't you ever disrespect me like that.

I have a realization about this thread I have birthed, it's actually not cop tyranny, it's corporate tyranny that uses the cops. Rich people fly above the cop tyranny. Airlines are a fantastic example of this.

That chinaman the other day didn't break any laws... he violated corporate terms of service... and cops showed up to drag him off. I know there are technical truths as to why cops got involved, but in essence, this is the new world order, the one the clinton/obama matrix is pushing, corporatized world government where we become slaves to corporations. Pull a guy off of a flight for pissing, the message to the proles is "comply motherfucker".

Oh I forgot, the left is going to call the pisser-flyer a racist incident. Even though both corporate shitbirds had brown skin.

This is why the left is a horrible steward of social justice.

I have a realization about this thread I have birthed, it's actually not cop tyranny, it's corporate tyranny that uses the cops. Rich people fly above the cop tyranny. Airlines are a fantastic example of this.
these two issues are completely separate but just happen to intersect here. a corporate tyranny thread isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Dr. Dao settled with United today. No lawsuit. Hmmm, no settlement with the City of Chicago whose aviation cops dragged him off.

Maybe it was the statement of the cop and other corroborating statements that Dao was flailing and fell, smucking his own grill on the arm rest?

Or after being dragged off the plane he claimed he had diabetes and when cops relented he ran back on the plane?

these two issues are completely separate but just happen to intersect here. a corporate tyranny thread isn't necessarily a bad idea.

I think they're now synonymous. Change the thread title if you agree. And release my Trump thread from DT while you're at it.

Dr. Dao settled with United today. No lawsuit. Hmmm, no settlement with the City of Chicago whose aviation cops dragged him off.

Maybe it was the statement of the cop and other corroborating statements that Dao was flailing and fell, smucking his own grill on the arm rest?

Or after being dragged off the plane he claimed he had diabetes and when cops relented he ran back on the plane?

Respectfully, who cares. He turned from bellwether to asian martyr, indicative of 2017.

I think they're now synonymous. Change the thread title if you agree. And release my Trump thread from DT while you're at it.
fair enough. i disagree because we see many other areas where corporations are putting their boot on the necks of americans, just without the violence and ridiculousness that comes from the cops.

which trump thread? you've got 97 of them.

OfficePants OfficePants see, this is cop tyranny
Report: Georgia deputies conduct warrantless search of high school, pat down 900 students

By Radley Balko April 27 at 12:52 PM

Georgia TV station WALB is reporting that this month, deputies in Worth County conducted a drug dog sweep followed by personal searches of students at Worth County High School. According to WALB, all 900 students were patted down. Some students characterized the pat-downs as “aggressive.”

Worth Co. Sheriff Jeff Hobby declined to go on camera, but talked about the search in a telephone interview.

The sheriff requested drug-sniffing dogs from the state, and the Crisp County Sheriff sent K-9 units.

When asked about the pat down of students, and the notion of probable cause, Hobby said that as long as a school administrator was present, the personal search of the children was legal.

But school administrators aren’t exactly backing the sheriff up, stating that while they were present, they didn’t authorize the searches, and suggesting that they, too, found them excessive.

Tommy Coleman, attorney for the Worth County School Board, responded to Hobby’s statement.

Coleman clarified that those conducting the search would need particular circumstances or facts to justify it …

Interim Worth County Superintendent Lawrence Walters said he understands parents concerns about the drug search at Worth County High school on Friday.

“I’ve never been involved with anything like that ever in the past 21 years and I don’t condone it,” said Walters.

Walters said in March Sheriff Jeff Hobby told him his department was going to do a drug search at the school after spring break.

“We did not give permission but they didn’t as for permission, he just said, the sheriff, that he was going to do it after spring break,” said Walters.

Walters assumed the search would be similar to ones he had seen in his 40 plus years in education.

From his experiences, the way Friday’s search was done unusual.

“Under no circumstances did we approve touching any students,” explained Walters.

Incredibly, this is the second time in a month that this has happened. The Sylvester Police Department conducted a similar search last month after a few students picked up for a string of robberies suggested there was drug activity at the school. That search turned up nothing. As WALB puts it, Hobby didn’t think that search was thorough enough, so he conducted one of his own.

Hobby’s search didn’t turn up any illicit drugs either, which suggests these cops aren’t just ignorant of the Constitution, they’re also not particularly good at their jobs. They not only made national news by conducting an illegal search based on information that turned out to be badly wrong, they also managed to search an entire high school, subject themselves to a likely lawsuit … and not find any illegal substances.

In 2003, police in Goose Creek, S.C., conducted a similar sweep at Stratford High School. In 2006, the school and police department agreed to a settlement that paid out $6,000 to $12,000 per student searched. That search was of 150 students. Worth County had better hope its insurance is paid up.

interesting read of the comments. some school admins chiming in, along with several of officepants' pedo hunters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom