Coronavirus

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
The lefties love masks, and they love enforcing rules on others, and they love jumping up and down when people don't follow rules, and they always love censorship. ;) At least our guys here are doing what they preach, and that makes a nice change from the usual watermelon folks, so you've gotta love `em for that.

Journeyman

Supporter
Masks are ridiculous, they impede your oxygen intake and make you look silly. No-one is supposed to live like that.

Do you have some evidence for this, Shooey?

Millions of Japanese people wear masks every winter so as to stop spreading colds and flu to other people. It's viewed as common consideration in a society that is widely regarded as one of the most polite in the world. They don't appear to have any issues with oxygen intake.

Medical staff in operating theatres wear masks for the entire duration of an operation - sometimes 8-12 hours or even longer - while needing to concentrate acutely in a stressful situation. They don't appear to have any issues with oxygen intake.

belinmad

I thought you said you were from South America? Perhaps not. Germany? I know you're in London now.
I fail to see how this is relevant, unless you just want to go for ad hominem attacks - which is totally ok if that's what you want to go for. I am indeed from South America. Hopefully that doesn't make me better or worse than you, but let's see where your cheap shots take us.

You do believe in 'effing and blinding and jumping down people's throats. Hence you get a response pitched at that level.
I'm ok with that - just make it intelligible, will you, please? So I can put an intelligent answer together.

''Fuck you...'' will illicit an appropriate response.
elicit. illicit means ilegal.

It happens that I wear the mask. But I am very aware of the shifting and shifty position from a number official sources. And I get the noble lie they told us as they didn't want to restrict PPE from medical services. It was a lie none the less.

People are allowed to be wrong, are allowed to change their opinion. You focus on something they said at a very specific point in time, while conveniently pushing aside the fact that there's solid, irrefutable and compelling evidence that wearing a mask is better than not wearing one, and that wearing a mask can save lives. Everything else is just you hand waving to feed your need to feel more important than everyone else around you.

The plague from the East is now revealed to be 3 times worse than seasonal flu with a death rate well below 0.5%. And unlike seasonal flu, young people are spared, and even with 5% who need hospital treatment the response with lockdowns that haven't worked in Europe are overkill.
Please explain how they haven't worked, other than pissing off a few anti-lockdown people (and you)?

Every time we went into lockdown, numbers went down, and the pressure on National Health Systems also went down. That's the point of lockdowns, to keep this pandemic under control, so people don't die on the streets like we are now seeing in Brazil, Mexico and other places that don't believe in active social measures to contain the pandemic.

The appropriate response is to ramp up the medical system to be able to cope with the 5% who need treatment.
I thought you were a Tory. You know this goes in the opposite their agenda, right? You are suggesting we pour billions into the NHS. Imagine if Boris or Gove heard you!!

Medieval era curfews and lock downs, whilst giving a temporary sense of control over the plebs, isn't going to work for much longer. Watch France kick-off big time in the next few weeks.

See above. Also, read the article on Japan and masks - it might enlighten you a bit.

güero

Do you have some evidence for this, Shooey?

Millions of Japanese people wear masks every winter so as to stop spreading colds and flu to other people. It's viewed as common consideration in a society that is widely regarded as one of the most polite in the world. They don't appear to have any issues with oxygen intake.

Medical staff in operating theatres wear masks for the entire duration of an operation - sometimes 8-12 hours or even longer - while needing to concentrate acutely in a stressful situation. They don't appear to have any issues with oxygen intake.
I think you are referring to those thin surgical masks. The “real” masks obviously do impede oxygen intake, so much that there are laws for worker protection that limit their use. (I personally don’t have a problem with wearing a mask, but I still think it’s nice to look at the facts once in a while)

QuandoDio

Yes, but how many people are using those 'real' (N95 s etc) for multiple hours of the day. Those thin surgical/ cloth masks etc that the majority of people wear during this pandemic do not impede oxygen and this myth has been debunked.

Any fear or belief that they do is just tin your head and is irrational.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
N95 respirator =/= mask

No one is asking you to wear a respirator to keep your germs to yourself. Just wear a piece of cloth or paper in front of your face (that means you too, Dick Nose!) to contain all those droplets particles you are spraying us with.

You can still believe whatever anti-science, mystic bullshit you want while protecting the rest of us. Just don’t be a selfish prick.

Last edited:

güero

Oh, and wearing a respirator all day is uncomfortable, but it isn’t starving your brain of oxygen.

Have you actually read what this says?
It is precisely the reason why there are laws limiting the use. Eg here 75 min followed by minimum 30 min break for anything FFP2 or higher without exhale filter.

In healthy healthcare workers, FFR did not impose any important physiological burden during 1 hour of use, at realistic clinical work rates, but the FFR dead-space carbon dioxide and oxygen levels were significantly above and below, respectively, the ambient workplace standards, and elevated P(CO2) is a possibility. Exhalation valve did not significantly ameliorate the FFR's P(CO2) impact.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Just in case there’s any confusion about my dick nose reference:

37938250-7407-43ED-8308-9BA2C260BA84.jpeg
8135D6DE-616B-42BA-B882-5101B2D5D255.jpeg
ED8BE8B9-8A2B-4168-807F-610C155069D4.jpeg

Pimpernel Smith

Do you cover your nose as well?
Yes, because I'm a good boy and follow the rules.
I fail to see how this is relevant, unless you just want to go for ad hominem attacks - which is totally ok if that's what you want to go for. I am indeed from South America. Hopefully that doesn't make me better or worse than you, but let's see where your cheap shots take us.

I'm ok with that - just make it intelligible, will you, please? So I can put an intelligent answer together.

elicit. illicit means ilegal.

People are allowed to be wrong, are allowed to change their opinion. You focus on something they said at a very specific point in time, while conveniently pushing aside the fact that there's solid, irrefutable and compelling evidence that wearing a mask is better than not wearing one, and that wearing a mask can save lives. Everything else is just you hand waving to feed your need to feel more important than everyone else around you.

Please explain how they haven't worked, other than pissing off a few anti-lockdown people (and you)?

Every time we went into lockdown, numbers went down, and the pressure on National Health Systems also went down. That's the point of lockdowns, to keep this pandemic under control, so people don't die on the streets like we are now seeing in Brazil, Mexico and other places that don't believe in active social measures to contain the pandemic.

I thought you were a Tory. You know this goes in the opposite their agenda, right? You are suggesting we pour billions into the NHS. Imagine if Boris or Gove heard you!!

See above. Also, read the article on Japan and masks - it might enlighten you a bit.
I apologise if my poking at your background was interpreted as ad hominem, that wasn't my intention. But I see how it could easily be interpreted as an attempt at that.

Here are some eminent scientific experts on the failure of the lockdowns:

formby002

Oh, and wearing a respirator all day is uncomfortable, but it isn’t starving your brain of oxygen.

I find them uncomfortable (N95), but I've never experienced any problems breathing and I've worn them countless times...

Pimpernel Smith

I find them uncomfortable (N95), but I've never experienced any problems breathing and I've worn them countless times...
I've stayed with the N95's as they are a real barrier to the virus. I've three in the car on the go and one in a Barbour's which I keep on forgetting to take out.

güero

I'm afraid this story hasn't aged well.
Well I think the full story was there almost completely in the thread I linked. But for me the story and what's funny is that this is 100% political anyways, designed to kill their reputation. All people are going to remember is that AZ hid millions of doses from the Italians and the EU.

formby002

Well I think the full story was there almost completely in the thread I linked. But for me the story and what's funny is that this is 100% political anyways, designed to kill their reputation. All people are going to remember is that AZ hid millions of doses from the Italians and the EU.
Yes, but not at the time you linked to it. The corrections come later.

formby002

Maybe, I don't know. To me the point is that is was never designed to be correct...
With regards to your first point: No maybe about it...

With regards to your second point: Pull the other one...

You know you don't have to keep proving your Anglophobia to me, I believed you the first time...

Pimpernel Smith

To be fair, comparing Durham to Leiden is stretching it a bit...

Pimpernel Smith

Fwiffo

Supporter

“Delivering around 225,000 doses a day — mostly of the Chinese Sinovac vaccine — Chile has administered nearly 9 million doses so far, equivalent to 47 doses per 100 people, according to the University of Oxford in England. Only Israel and the United Arab Emirates have administered more. By contrast, the second-highest performer in Latin America is Brazil, at 7 doses per 100 people.”

Maybe the issue is you are using a vaccine that was 50.x percent effective in Brazil.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
You can still believe whatever anti-science, mystic bullshit you want while protecting the rest of us. Just don’t be a selfish prick.

We all have our schools of thought. I have my Eastern school of thought and you have your classic western science school of thought. You think we talk gobbledegook and we think you all talk gobbledegook.

Why we guys think you guys speak gobbledegook and are suspect
Because you guys are always disagreeing on the science, and sometimes your science is suppressed to suit a political narrative or special interest groups, so we can no longer trust it. Society and its institutions are corrupt these days, and with that comes a lack of trust.

Eg 1, scientists (so called experts) claim that masks should not be worn, but now they come out claiming the opposite. Both groups of scientists claim they are experts.

Eg 2, scientists (so called experts) claim that vaccines are safe, but we do know that landmark studies exposing vaccine safety have been hidden from doctors and the public. A PhD scientist who reads many of the medical studies recently told me about a peer reviewed medical study which concluded about 50% of the population should not be taking vaccines due to insufficient immune functioning or something (she will give me the study soon). Another big vaccines study also come out that was very damaging to the current narrative and was also shoved under the carpet because it didn't go along with the nattarive.

Switch off your brain and listen to me, l am the expert
The point is....people arrogantly play `the expert' and say "listen to me and switch off you brain, l am an authority, we are the scientists so WE KNOW and you don't". They use the club of science to dismiss everything else as pseudoscience when their science is still in its infancy with it's `so called' experts disagreeing on many things. They call themselves the authority of knowledge, and the the medical and science fields can then be politicized and things forced on the public. When it gets to this point communist principles easily come into play, and we see that currently playing out. Must wear masks, must take vaccines, and any science disagreeing with the narrative is hidden or dismissed. Also shame people, divide people etc. All stem from communism.

People see these dangers and the politicizing of science. We are not falling for it. Doctors and the scientists not going along with the narrative are sacked. None of these people are experts (too many disagree). Even if we use our brain we are still criticized by these `so called' experts, because they don't want us disagreeing with what `they say', they want obedient masses who don't question anything. You know what l say to you guys?...NO! You can try to shame me with your silly nonsense reasoning and bringing up politicized science, but l will say NO.

The big question
If the doctors are so confident of the science, why do they suppress the peer reviewed studies contradicting the government narrative???

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Starting April 1, fans with proof from federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that they got their last shot at least 14 days prior to the game will be allowed to enter the arena through a separate gate, given 'vaccine verified' wristbands and directed to these primo seats.

'The Heat have allocated two sections in the lower level to fully vaccinated fans,' the team said in a statement. 'These seats will be located in Sections 117-118 and the pods of seats will be separated by just one seat.'"

Vaccine passport at British pubs, pre-requisite to board Qantas, required to attend a concert Israel...now special seats for the vaccinated, the continuation of a two tier society.

Although I am not sure about that Covid sniffing dog. Dogs can get it too yeah - and mutate it - and give it back to me.

Top Bottom