Coronavirus

"If it were up to the doctors, they may say let's keep it shut down - let's shut down the entire world," he said.

"You can't do that with a country - especially the No. 1 economy anywhere in the world."

President Trump

Will resonate with many

Went to work at 6am yesterday and the roads were curiously busy.

Similar here in Australia. The city centre where I live has hardly anyone in it, and yet there are lots of cars on the roads.

I assume that people have decided to drive, rather than travelling by public transport, as they want to maintain social distancing and avoid touching surfaces that may have viral residue and so, as a result, there are actually more cars on the road than usual.

I caught the train to work this morning and I estimate that less than 25% of the seats in the carriage were being used, and no-one was standing. Normally, every seat would be occupied and there would be about the same number of people standing along the carriage and in the area around the doors.

I caught the train to work this morning and I estimate that less than 25% of the seats in the carriage were being used, and no-one was standing. Normally, every seat would be occupied and there would be about the same number of people standing along the carriage and in the area around the doors.

You need to transition to working from home as quick as you can.

Ice rinks as a substitute for a morgue.

They haven't updated the figures from Italy yet. If its gone down again, we can have some hope.

Manu Dibango has succumbed to the virus:

I did read somewhere that in Italy anyone who dies with COVID-19 counts towards the COVID-19 death total even if they died from another illness. Other countries potentially count their death totals differently so it can be tricky to compare between countries given they have different standards of cause of death.

Lol.

How you making out down in the petri dish of South Florida.
ive had to be going out for work more than i like but i should be able to wrap things up in the next few days here. no gloves or masks to be found but i've managed to get supplies. store shelves are completely barren but ive heard they're starting to restock things slowly as people are, i guess, done panic buying for the moment. limit 1 on everything helps as well. i still see a ton of people out and about.

ive had to be going out for work more than i like but i should be able to wrap things up in the next few days here. no gloves or masks to be found but i've managed to get supplies. store shelves are completely barren but ive heard they're starting to restock things slowly as people are, i guess, done panic buying for the moment. limit 1 on everything helps as well. i still see a ton of people out and about.

Sounds about right.

I stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami week before last, and walked right by the Brazilian Presidential delegation. Then flew out of FLL with all the turned away cruise passengers. So I'm pretty sure I'm actually dead right now.

I did read somewhere that in Italy anyone who dies with COVID-19 counts towards the COVID-19 death total even if they died from another illness. Other countries potentially count their death totals differently so it can be tricky to compare between countries given they have different standards of cause of death.
You need to transition to working from home as quick as you can.

They haven't updated the figures from Italy yet. If its gone down again, we can have some hope.

Manu Dibango has succumbed to the virus:

"Italy has just reported a jump of 743 deaths in the past day - 141 more than Monday.

This brings its death toll up to 6,820."

Sounds about right.

I stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami week before last, and walked right by the Brazilian Presidential delegation. Then flew out of FLL with all the turned away cruise passengers. So I'm pretty sure I'm actually dead right now.
what were you doing in downtown miami?

also, how are things in your neck of the woods? not much in the way of news coming out of there.

what were you doing in downtown miami?

also, how are things in your neck of the woods? not much in the way of news coming out of there.

We had a sailboat race from Miami to Eleuthera, pretty much the last race to take place anywhere before the world imploded. I was thankfully at sea Thursday before last with no cell service so I was blissfully unaware.

Relatively quiet here. We have like 17 cases or so, 1 old fella died. Non essential business closed, school out till summer. We are still fully open at work.

"No example drew more attention than an interview Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a Republican, gave on Fox News on Monday night, in which he suggested some elderly Americans — the group most at risk of death from COVID-19 — should be willing to sacrifice their lives so that the economy can gain steam.

'No one reached out to me and said, 'As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for its children and grandchildren?' And if that is the exchange, I'm all in,' Patrick, 70, said."

Rush hour here now and roads and motorway are noticeably quieter, but not as much as I expected. Pass two Randstad railway stations and I've not see any carriages with anyone in these last days.

I must say, it is all rather disconcerting waiting for us to go through the whole of this during the next few weeks:

virus%20curve.jpg

Will we see 1000's of deaths a night in Italy and the rest of the Western world? Quite possible, we will have crossed a deadly Rubicon when the figures reach 1000 a day.

And then we have to deal with the financial fall-out, lives, careers and businesses possibly wiped-out. How to avoid a depression.

But good to see St Greta coming out of her bunker to remind the world it is all about her and her actor father, who might, or might not have it.

Prince Charles was with Prince Albert of Monaco who was also tested. He was also in the presence of HM. If he is the reason we stop singing God Save the Queen...

Prince Charles was with Prince Albert of Monaco who was also tested. He was also in the presence of HM. If he is the reason we stop singing God Save the Queen...

There's a Russian seer and claivoyant who stated awhile back that HM will pass away this year from a viral infection. There's also a Russian doctor who signed herself off with it and then went on a winter holiday, she's going to jail.

The ICU's are starting to fill here and they reckon they will need another 80 beds a day for the foorseeable. Those who go into ICU's are in for a long time, many up to 3 weeks.

“In my particular case, with my history as an athlete, if I were infected with the virus, I would have no reason to worry, I would feel nothing, or it would be at most just a little flu,”

"the heaviest-hit regions outside China all share a common thread: close or lucrative relations with the communist regime in Beijing".

"Italy, the most heavily affected country outside China as of March 20, was the first (and only) G-7 nation to sign onto the PRC’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI, also known as One Belt, One Road)".

"Italy also has signed scores of sister-city agreements with China, with the cities of Milan, Venice, and Bergamo included among them. These are the areas hardest-hit by the virus".

"In the United States, one of the earliest- and worst-hit places was the Seattle area in Washington state". This area has close ties to the CCP.
CCP virus.jpg

This virus targets certain types of people. In chinese philosophy we say bad deeds and bad associations brings bad returns. If one associates with the CCP (the red dragon) bad things will come to you. Now we see all businesses and governments who have heavy dealings with the CCP facing major difficulties, but it is not just the CCP, it is people with heavy karmic ties being cleaned out. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Corrupt societies and groups always got cleaned out in the past, and when Emperors turned bad they also got cleaned out. The people with virtue will be o.k. That's how it has always be seen by the teachers of the ancient wisdom.

Last edited:
Quite a few more in the car park today. A lot of people are already returning to the offices because they can't handle a lock down. I'm still in, only because I am sorting out a long term toxic legacy and inheritance of a crap process and individual. And it is literally a paper trial. So best do it work, but once that's done, I'm joining my colleagues in lock-down for the duration. It's a morally the right move.

Still a surprising number of groups milling around and old people out seemingly blissfully unaware that they're the biggest dead certs of all.

Strange weather, very cold for the beginning of spring and blue sky days, but feels rather stark and uninviting.

First signs of some of the Italian manufacturers ignoring the shutdown, called BS on that. We're not getting into any of that skulduggery. The quicker everyone works within the temporary dystopia the sooner we will be out of it.

"The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus. "

"On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus, while 88 per cent of patients who have died have at least one pre-morbidity - many had two or three,” he says.

This does not mean that Covid-19 did not contribute to a patient's death, rather it demonstrates that Italy's fatality toll has surged as a large proportion of patients have underlying health conditions. Experts have also warned against making direct comparisons between countries due to discrepancies in testing.

Martin McKee, professor of European public health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, says that countries do not yet have a good indication of how many mild infections they have.

If further testing finds more asymptomatic cases spreading undetected, the mortality rate will drop."
Another reason for the high death rate in Northern Italy seems to be the far higher prevalence of antibiotics resistant bacteria in hospitals. So people getting secondary/bacterial infections can't be treated (and die).

Germany's death toll remains at 0.5% whilst much higher than seasonal flu, for this virus, it remains an excellent result.

Speculation that Italy's curve is leveling. And new cases decrease.

A tough 2/3 week lock down will deliver. And that's what will give a chance for the economies to bounce back. With some exceptions. Who's going to be going on a cruise or all inclusive foreign holiday this year?

There's a moral obligation to all to limit social interactions and work from home wherever possible.

Germany's death toll remains at 0.5% whilst much higher than seasonal flu, for this virus, it remains an excellent result.

Speculation that Italy's curve is leveling. And new cases decrease.

A tough 2/3 week lock down will deliver. And that's what will give a chance for the economies to bounce back. With some exceptions. Who's going to be going on a cruise or all inclusive foreign holiday this year?

There's a moral obligation to all to limit social interactions and work from home wherever possible.

I read on BBC that Germany had a low death toll because most of the infected were younger folks returning from Alpine ski trips.

Of those admitted to Dutch hospitals the mortality rate is currently 20%.

They predict a deep recession in worse case scenario, big impact on financial sector. Restrictions in place for upto 12 months. Best case scenario the v recovery second half of this year.

Rutte will announce new restrictions next Tuesday.

Of those admitted to Dutch hospitals the mortality rate is currently 20%.

Holy mackerel - that seems high. Or are the hospitals only admitting the extremely unwell?

From what I've read, about 20% of COVID-19 cases will require hospitalisation and, of those, about 10% will likely die - so an overall fatality rate of about 2%. The Dutch situation sounds as though it's running at twice that, unless they're just admitting fewer, but sicker people to hospital.

Holy mackerel - that seems high. Or are the hospitals only admitting the extremely unwell?

From what I've read, about 20% of COVID-19 cases will require hospitalisation and, of those, about 10% will likely die - so an overall fatality rate of about 2%. The Dutch situation sounds as though it's running at twice that, unless they're just admitting fewer, but sicker people to hospital.

They're saying most of them who died had underlying health conditions, diabetes, heart disease, etc. But up to a third had no existing health problems. This as well:

''Longfonds, the foundation for patients with lung diseases in the Netherlands, is worried that the coronavirus may be causing permanent lung damage to people infected with it, NU.nl reports. Because Covid-19 is a new virus, there is still much uncertainty regarding future complaints from patients who recovered from it. Longfonds is particularly worried about patients in ICU with Covid-19 who need to be ventilated - they seem to be at greatest risk of permanent damage.

'There may be inflammation that causes scar tissue on the lungs,'pulmonologist Leon van der Toorn said to the newspaper. This could mean that we will soon have many more people with lung problems. A new lung disease is developing.'''

Depending on the projections being used for pandemic planning, with a 30% infection rate, 80% of cases will have mild symptoms and be at home. 15% will require hospitalization but not in ICU. 5% will require ICU and this is where the highest mortality will be. The overall fatality rate for all cases uses 3% to 5% in projections. Horses for courses. YMMV.

3.3 million new unemployment claims.
And they thing sending these people a one time payment of 1200 is going to help?

This will be interesting to follow over the next couple of weeks:

There is still some evidence for this being a giant hoax and there is at least one interesting conspiracy theory. Imho it is 50:50 whether this will turn out to be just another mass hysteria / moral panic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom