Coronavirus

Blame the stupidity and arrogance of Blair. Tam Dalyell called it years ago.

Sturgeon's been at it again today. Her vision of Scotland is one of zero risk, a lock down for all eternity, on the dole money provided by the English. Only a clown would not think that managed risk is necessary in bringing back people's livelihoods and the means to create wealth for the nation. Do they plan on keeping businesses closed for the next 12-18 months, or until there's a vaccine? A true leader, one who believed Scotland could roar ahead of the hated English, would be showing some guts and managing risk.

Sturgeon's been at it again today. Her vision of Scotland is one of zero risk, a lock down for all eternity, on the dole money provided by the English. Only a clown would not think that managed risk is necessary in bringing back people's livelihoods and the means to create wealth for the nation. Do they plan on keeping businesses closed for the next 12-18 months, or until there's a vaccine? A true leader, one who believed Scotland could roar ahead of the hated English, would be showing some guts and managing risk.

Pretty much everything Wee Jimmy Krankie does, she does with an eye on creating division between England and Scotland. Its her entire shtick.

Last month she allowed the fake news to spread that that the UK parliament was prioritising PPE for England rather than sharing it with rUK.

The Scots Nats are shithouses...

"Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., was critical, telling him that 'as much as I respect you, Dr. Fauci, I don't think you're the end-all' and that 'we'll be making a big mistake if we don't open schools in the fall.'

Earlier in the hearing, Fauci had said, 'The idea of having treatments available or a vaccine to facilitate the re-entry of students into the fall term would be something that would be a bit of a bridge too far.'

Paul also expressed doubt outside the hearing that any government precautions would have reduced the number of deaths from the coronavirus in New York City, a center of the virus — contradicting Fauci's main message in his testimony that reopening states too soon could result in unnecessary deaths."

Rand Paul knows better.

Rand Paul knows all about spreading the virus.

new model updates. projecting 140k deaths by August. I bet we hit that before the end of June.

Nobody quotes deaths anymore even though the US is over 1,000 a day. It would have to hit 3k or 5k before it hits the news again.

Strangely only affects US and UK.

Well, you've got to remember that these things have to be reported, in order for us to be aware of them.

Plenty of countries out there are either struggling with overloaded health systems and so aren't bothering to report children's reactions at present, or their health systems are simply so far below-par that they wouldn't report that kind of thing at all.

Well, you've got to remember that these things have to be reported, in order for us to be aware of them.

Plenty of countries out there are either struggling with overloaded health systems and so aren't bothering to report children's reactions at present, or their health systems are simply so far below-par that they wouldn't report that kind of thing at all.

Is that why India is doing quite well?

"Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., was critical, telling him that 'as much as I respect you, Dr. Fauci, I don't think you're the end-all' and that 'we'll be making a big mistake if we don't open schools in the fall.'

Earlier in the hearing, Fauci had said, 'The idea of having treatments available or a vaccine to facilitate the re-entry of students into the fall term would be something that would be a bit of a bridge too far.'

Paul also expressed doubt outside the hearing that any government precautions would have reduced the number of deaths from the coronavirus in New York City, a center of the virus — contradicting Fauci's main message in his testimony that reopening states too soon could result in unnecessary deaths."

Rand Paul knows better.

Rand Paul knows all about spreading the virus.

It is interesting that Fauci said "the wrong thing" about opening. Paul & Trump slags him and then suddenly and "independently" Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham all slag him with "with all due respect, Dr. Fauci who elected you to anything?"

1589492797060.png

“Restaurants and cafes have re-opened today in New South Wales, Australia’s most populous state. Pubs can also reopen but only for dining – the bar stays closed.

But while the laws have been lifted, not all venues in Sydney are choosing to open their doors. There's a limit of just 10 patrons at any time - and many places say that's not a profitable number, so they'll just stick with takeaway orders.

It's one of the reasons why Victoria, (where Melbourne is the state capital), has not allowed dine-in trade just yet. It still has the most stringent restrictions in the nation.

But other states and territories are relaxing into the first stage of lockdown exit. In NSW and Queensland this weekend, households can receive up to five visitors and groups of up to 10 people can meet outside, gather for a bootcamp or go to church.

Even greater freedoms are already allowed in South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory.

Australia - seen as a world leader in fighting the virus - has reported under 1% daily growth in new cases for the past month.”

What is a bootcamp? Australia. World leader in fighting the virus.

Bootcamp - here - is where some pumped up roid goose jumps around in a public park shouting at a bunch of 10 idiots who paid $25ea for a "personal training" session. Thankfully many parks have banned them or are starting to charge fees.

", households can receive up to five visitors and groups of up to 10 people can meet outside "

That's the same here in Melbourne.

And its not "freedoms" thats a stupid USA thing - its about a pandemic and not having fucking people die

", households can receive up to five visitors and groups of up to 10 people can meet outside "

That's the same here in Melbourne.

And its not "freedoms" thats a stupid USA thing - its about a pandemic and not having fucking people die

Some Americans (Lets call them Hyper-Libertarians / Objectivist idiots) would then argue: '...what about the FREEDOM to die'

Whatcha say t'dat eh...eh...?

The Freedum to kill to the elderly and get a cheeseburger and a haircut at the same time.

The Freedum to kill to the elderly and get a cheeseburger and a haircut at the same time.

Be happy on your day off you can go to a restaurant to dine whilst the wait staff have gloves and masks but you don't need to.

Be happy on your day off you can go to a restaurant to dine whilst the wait staff have gloves and masks but you don't need to.

Even if I was stupid enough to want to dine in at a restaurant in the height of a global pandemic ... it’s a thousand dollar fine for going unmasked in public. Wait staff and customer.

The people on that patio...

Cops can’t be everywhere to fine every dipshit narcissist who refuses to wear a mask.

Coltivare is a great restaurant, though full of midtown hipsters like my brother and sister in law, on the weekends.

Restaurants opening here monday. Talked to the owner, of the one in my building today. Even though a part of her expenses have been covered, dept wise she has been set back, to where she started 14 years ago. But exited to get back to it, and open up again.

In Australia, the different states and territories now have new cases down to either 0 new cases per week, or just 1-2 cases per week. As a result, restrictions are being eased.

In the state where I live, the youngest kids and students in years 11 and 12 are now back at school, after online learning for the first month of the new term. All other school students are expected to return to school in a week's time. Restaurants are now allowed to have a maximum of ten customers at one time (up from 0 customers) and people are allowed to have five visitors over to their place at one time (up from 1).

However, politicians and health authorities have been clear that we should still engage in social distancing and be cautious.

I went out for a walk this morning and there were groups of people doing PT in a park, all clustered together. No social distancing at all. I also walked past a coffee shop and there were two groups of three people each, with members of each group plainly not related to each other (three burly construction workers and three adult male cyclists) standing right next to each other. No social distancing. :mad:

We are just starting to see a spike following easing of state restrictions. Death rate just hit a new record high and we are off the new case plateau and heading up again.

Hope that haircut was worth it, Karen.

I went out for a walk this morning and there were groups of people doing PT in a park, all clustered together. No social distancing at all. I also walked past a coffee shop and there were two groups of three people each, with members of each group plainly not related to each other (three burly construction workers and three adult male cyclists) standing right next to each other. No social distancing. :mad:

It's gone mad here with restrictions being lifted, hardly any social distancing going on, all the road train cycle gangs and runners out in force this morning, no social distancing. I guess they think it's all over. We'll find out in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Massive queue to get to the local tip this morning, I guess all the DIY fanatics are finishing their home improvement projects thinking they're going back to work soon. I'll wait and see what happens to the first wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom