Coronavirus

"'I have changed my mind a little on Europe. We are facing an absolute emergency, and seeing countries turning their backs on each other is really awkward,' says Rome real estate agent Marco Tondo, 34.

According to a survey of 1,000 Italians conducted in April by Tecné, 42% of respondents said they would leave the EU, up from 26% in November 2018.

'I'm not a fan of the League, but Europe is proving once more to be useless, so we should leave the EU,' says Valentina Rosi, a 45-year-old former Rome shopkeeper who is now unemployed."

This is crack cocaine for Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith but I find it funny the article is talking about Milan and the industrial north yet all the testimonials are from people in Rome.

Clearly the worst plague this planet has ever seen:

Looking at these figures, I'd say mankind is in no danger of going extinct any time soon:

1589702495269.png

This is crack cocaine for Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith but I find it funny the article is talking about Milan and the industrial north yet all the testimonials are from people in Rome.

I'm intrigued by this: ''He is currently receiving nine weeks' redundancy pay from the government at 80% of his normal salary.'' Not sure of the validity of that statement. My understanding as a director of an Italian entity, is that the insured unemployment benefit is 50% of salary. The top-up fund at the moment is not classed as laying people off.

As an employer you have to put a certain amount aside each month for pension/lay-off/mortgage percentage put down. That may account for the 80% figure quoted above. It can mount up quickly too, suddenly you've got a €100,000 to pay out to pay out mostly tax free to a couple desk clerks.

what more does this guy need? someone from brussels to show up and take a shit on his doorstep?

The China/Wuhan/Biolab#4 virus shows that the EU centralized target drive Soviet system is no more than a paper tiger.

Weirdly we keep talking about reopening the São Paulo office.

You have to remember that much of Brazil is not first world and has neither the capacity, funds or medical infrastructure to look after its multitudes in the favellas and elsewhere. The grim, grotty reality hasn't got any better since I lived and worked there 20 years ago.

How difficult is it to measure 1.5 M

Very difficult if the Dutch are anything to go by.

1213421418.jpg

Milan.

Barista not covering up his nose with the mask. Can't see 1.5m separation much less 2m. Steam and water coming up all over helping with the spread. No plexiglass shield.

Being able to hang out and have espresso and talk to other human beings - priceless. I'd pay 100 EUR if I could have that this afternoon.

Great letter by Trump, he nails it:

Good on him.

There needs to coordinated economic action against the Chinese, regardless of what the useful idiots in the West say. They've trashed the global economy.

I believe the Chinese have also started to threaten Australia with various embargo.

People need to wake-the-fuck-up to China.

Good on him.

There needs to coordinated economic action against the Chinese, regardless of what the useful idiots in the West say. They've trashed the global economy.

I believe the Chinese have also started to threaten Australia with various embargo.

They've put 80% tariffs on Australian barley.

The useful idiots will kowtow to the Chinese Communist Party Line because it's something to do with open borders, Globalization and the resistance against Orange Man Bad.

They're pumping-up Chinese nationalism and superiority to fever pitch as a shield against the rest of the world.

The West needs to wake up to this wicked, existential threat we have been in rapture to for far too long.

The useful idiots will kowtow to the Chinese Communist Party Line because it's something to do with open borders, Globalization and the resistance against Orange Man Bad.

They're pumping-up Chinese nationalism and superiority to fever pitch as a shield against the rest of the world.

The West needs to wake up to this wicked, existential threat we have been in rapture to for far too long.

To paraphrase Palmerston: “<insert country> has no eternal friends, <insert country> has no perpetual enemies, <insert country> has only eternal and perpetual interests”.

As true now, as it was when he first coined it.

China IS NOT our friend IT IS a RIVAL.

China is derrty, this is coming from a Chinese. It's ingrained in the culture of business conduct since the days of Three Warring States.

Good on him.

To paraphrase Palmerston: “<insert country> has no eternal friends, <insert country> has no perpetual enemies, <insert country> has only eternal and perpetual interests”.

As true now, as it was when he first coined it.

China IS NOT our friend IT IS a RIVAL.
China is derrty, this is coming from a Chinese. It's ingrained in the culture of business conduct since the days of Three Warring States.

hahahaha what a bunch of sore loosers

how so? I am very surprised that the West is this trusting of the Chinese. Chinese aren't even trusting of themselves.

200519-corona-restaurants-mc-12212_6ba7ea39f2e329d3acf44671065f0ff9.fit-1520w.JPG

Clearly Vegas has how to run a restaurant figured out in the coronavirus era.

What exactly am I sore about?

That we're not in the same protected profession as him. Must be good one to be not effected by the virus, very robust to market forces. You know the kind of chap who's not really interested in watches, but literally has a wad of cash in his desk to buy a bi-color Royal Oak as soon as I bring up the interest to look for one, because he thinks it's an excellent fuck-you-tool that would come in handy every once in a while. So he can flash it in meetings and say Fuck ya! I'm Miami.

That we're not in the same protected profession as him. Must be good one to be not effected by the virus, very robust to market forces. You know the kind of chap who's not really interested in watches, but literally has a wad of cash in his desk to buy a bi-color Royal Oak as soon as I bring up the interest to look for one, because he thinks it's an excellent fuck-you-tool that would come in handy every once in a while. So he can flash it in meetings and say Fuck ya! I'm Miami.
What profession is he...?

What profession is he...?

Beside being a gentleman virologist, he does seem to think he has some credentials as an actuary and buyer for medical equipment. But he also deals in lots of cold hard cash, hence the wad in his desk. On the basis of the facts outlined, I wager he is a manager of one of those tanning salons.

China is a problem and the guy in the White House actually exacerbates it by the 'America first ideology'. For a reputed 'wheeler-and-dealer', he doesn't seem to excel at it.

Case in point: 'WHO'. I concur with Trump that WHO is not fit for purpose, corrupt, weak etc yada yada but whilst Trump was rebuking WHO, pulling funding etc What did China do? Donated billions to the WHO for the Coronavirus battle ipso facto, essentially killed the clarion call for international investigation into Covid-19 whilst launching concerted cyber attacks against countries criticising it and oh, openly bitch-slapped Australia with 80% tariffs ( obviously for protesting too loudly about Covid19).

The geopolitical landscape is changing vastly and the US is becoming a sulky paper tiger whilst the soft-power-now-hard-power China is flexing.

The geopolitical landscape is changing vastly and the US is becoming a sulky paper tiger whilst the soft-power-now-hard-power China is flexing.

China's soft power and military might is less powerful than you think. Sure they're buying real estate from African dictators, but culturally. Think anyone's interested in becoming more like China i.e. a one party authoritarian Biolab4 virus leaking surveillance state?

China's soft power and military might is less powerful than you think. Sure they're buying real estate from African dictators, but culturally. Think anyone's interested in becoming more like China i.e. a one party authoritarian Biolab4 virus leaking surveillance state?

Military might, yes you may have a point. Soft power, I don't quite agree. A lot of the world is bound by debt and dependency on China hence its effect.

However, that is not really the point. The fact is an alliance is needed from nations/ institutions to curtail China's pervasive influence.

"It sounded like a great deal: The White House coronavirus task force would buy a defense company’s new cleaning machines to allow critical protective masks to be reused up to 20 times. And at $60 million for 60 machines on April 3, the price was right.

But over just a few days, the potential cost to taxpayers exploded to $413 million, according to notes of a coronavirus task force meeting obtained by NBC News. By May 1, the Pentagon pegged the ceiling at $600 million in a justification for awarding the deal without an open bidding process or an actual contract. Even worse, scientists and nurses say the recycled masks treated by these machines begin to degrade after two or three treatments, not 20, and the company says its own recent field testing has only confirmed the integrity of the masks for four cycles of use and decontamination."

I am clearly in the wrong line of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom