Coronavirus

"The Wall Street Journal newspaper asked Mr Hastings if he had seen any benefits from staff working from home.

'No. I don't see any positives,' he replied.

'Not being able to get together in person, particularly internationally, is a pure negative,' Mr Hastings told the Wall Street Journal."

Nothing like Reed Hastings telling it like it is.

Now if you don't have symptoms you shouldn't get a test? What about all the workplaces urging people to get tested? Or border control for countries that are demanding one? Or the old lady visiting her senile husband in a senior home who tests before her weekly visit?

That said a few chaps on this forum urged me to get tested before I saw my 80 something year old uncle.

Now if you don't have symptoms you shouldn't get a test? What about all the workplaces urging people to get tested? Or border control for countries that are demanding one? Or the old lady visiting her senile husband in a senior home who tests before her weekly visit?

That said a few chaps on this forum urged me to get tested before I saw my 80 something year old uncle.

The point made is that idiots are abusing getting tested when they are asymptomatic. Screening questions with temperature taking is effective for permitting people in/out.

Are you unaware of the 1.8 million people who have entered Canada in the last 4 months with only the requirement to self-isolate for 14 days? There is no requirement for testing them all.

You or the old lady don't need a test every time you visit your senile/not senile elderly relative.

Do you get a COVID test every time you consort with hookers or hang out in bars, which are both high risk behaviours for COVID?

1600103132512.png

I got a letter from the NHS offering to send me swab kits. A courier will collect and they will let me know the results. Others I know have had similar. Beats having to find a testing station or queue.

I got a letter from the NHS offering to send me swab kits. A courier will collect and they will let me know the results. Others I know have had similar. Beats having to find a testing station or queue.
The bias in C19 tests is to false negatives. Mostly a result of wrong swabbing technique. I’d suggest that self swabbing increases that by a huge amount. Dropbear Dropbear Pauly Chase Pauly Chase Thruth Thruth ?

Home swabbing for a PCR test is going to give you a lot of false negatives - mostly from not going deep enough into the nose or throat.

I’ve heard that the Yale PCR saliva test is showing good results with mail-in testing so far, but after the debacle around the Abbott rapid test instruments I’m still skeptical.

The bias in C19 tests is to false negatives. Mostly a result of wrong swabbing technique. I’d suggest that self swabbing increases that by a huge amount. Dropbear Dropbear Pauly Chase Pauly Chase Thruth Thruth ?

Yes, the sensitivity (false negatives) of the of the test is the issue where it can be as low as 70% in professional hands. The specificity of the PCR is in the 90's.

In the hands of the public doing self-swabbing and not going deep enough would lead to more false negatives.

So now at least one offical and "expert" opinion is that masks do not only work (now that miraculously and unlike in Feb/Mar the "science" suddenly became definite), but that it is at least likely they are even better than a vaccine?

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

e. oh and the current standard test or rather its application appears to be crap as well, with (in one/the only analysis) up to 90% of people tested positively barely carried any virus AND apparently the resp authorities did not collect months of readily available and helpful data on viral load etc. pp. I'd be so embarrassed if I were a leading viroliegist/epidemiologist:

Last edited:

”From Monday, 37 of the worst-hit health districts in the region will be subject to lockdown restrictions. Residents will only be able to leave their zone to go to work, school or to seek medical care. Social gatherings within their zone will be limited to six, public parks will be shut and commercial businesses will need to close by 22:00“

“Covid-19 has killed people of all ages, all races and all political affiliations.”

Has one‘s political affiliation ever been a factor when it comes to a biological disease? I am left leaning therefore I will more likely get herpes?

Has one‘s political affiliation ever been a factor when it comes to a biological disease? I am left leaning therefore I will more likely get herpes?

You've certainly not watched the BBC News then? There was poor trans person worried about dying from the virus and being buried as the wrong gender.

The Dutch PM brought in new restrictions on Friday: night clubs have to shut at 1am. He complained about too many people returning to offices and said if you can still work from home. My staff won't be back in the office this year.

You've certainly not watched the BBC News then? There was poor trans person worried about dying from the virus and being buried as the wrong gender.
you say this mockingly but why can't it just be ok that its an issue for them? is that so hard to fathom in your world view?

Quarantine of Melbourne extended till 26 October?! I thought fxh was being freed this week. 5 cases or less per day is the target. I can't see that ever happening unless they ran out of tests and couldn't test for a day. What is that? 4 months of quarantine on top of the initial quarantine?

you say this mockingly but why can't it just be ok that its an issue for them? is that so hard to fathom in your world view?

Because when you’ve moved to the higher spiritual realm, such earthly things shouldn’t worry you.

When you make the evolutionary jump into hyperspace...

I’m sure you can get it.

The Dutch PM brought in new restrictions on Friday: night clubs have to shut at 1am. He complained about too many people returning to offices and said if you can still work from home. My staff won't be back in the office this year.

I don't understand the early closures or prohibition of alcohol by a certain time. People will just get loaded earlier in the day and exhibit the same unsafe behaviour. In fact if you restrict it like we did with grocery store hours people will binge. The virus doesn't take a nap after a certain hour.

Are there outbreaks at offices or these are all anecdotal conjecture?

I don't understand the early closures or prohibition of alcohol by a certain time. People will just get loaded earlier in the day and exhibit the same unsafe behaviour. In fact if you restrict it like we did with grocery store hours people will binge. The virus doesn't take a nap after a certain hour.

Are there outbreaks at offices or these are all anecdotal conjecture?

They said 10% of cases are contracted at work.

Quarantine of Melbourne extended till 26 October?! I thought fxh was being freed this week. 5 cases or less per day is the target. I can't see that ever happening unless they ran out of tests and couldn't test for a day. What is that? 4 months of quarantine on top of the initial quarantine?
Down to 11 a day today

We drop down to a different level next week.
Rural and regional - ie outside Melbourne are already down a level below us and will drop further.

Don't just read headlines. There are some facts around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom