Coronavirus

As Sweden (popn. 10.23 million) records 2820 cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, and hospitalisations have surged 60% in Stockholm, I wanted to share three important quotes this week from Sweden’s Chief Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell.
Hopefully these quotes will forever silence the ‘but what about Sweden?’ ‘herd-immunity’ cheerleaders who advocated for a similar measure here in Victoria and criticised our lockdown every step of the way.
“Throughout history there has up to now been no infectious disease whose transmission was fully halted by herd immunity without a vaccine.”
"Striving for herd immunity is neither ethical nor otherwise justifiable."
"We are beginning to approach the ceiling for what the healthcare system can handle.”

“Throughout history there has up to now been no infectious disease whose transmission was fully halted by herd immunity without a vaccine.”

Whose history? His history?

Humanity survived plenty before mass vaccination. I hope he isn't citing since the advent of the WHO. Has that organisation eradicated any disease in recent memory?

Australia - NO new cases today = NONE = Zero - 25M popn.

Sweden Popn. 10.23 million - 2820 new cases

I never believed the Sweden nonsense. Big on self-promotion and large support in the media for many reasons. Same with New Zealand.

Humanity survived plenty before mass vaccination. I hope he isn't citing since the advent of the WHO. Has that organisation eradicated any disease in recent memory?

The WHO is run by an Ethiopian communist in league with China. What could possible go wrong based on all the conflicting BS they fed us from the early stages of the seeding of the virus until now?

Coronavirus: Germany restricts social life in 'lockdown light'

"Germany has entered the first day of a month-long 'lockdown light', shutting restaurants, bars, gyms and entertainment venues, but keeping schools, shops and workplaces open.

The lockdown is not as restrictive as the March-April one, and food outlets can still provide takeaways."

Lockdown light. What new term can we use next...

Chuckles...

1604346813230.png

My mother-in-law is planning on going back home, being home sick, had enough of the weather, done what she can in helping raising our kids and now wants to spend the remaining of her years back home with her remaining sisters and family. She was planning on going back in February, but decided to bring it forward. Her sister's told her not come back as the virus is raging and her son is in the army and there is an overload of deaths which he has tasked in helping to bury. They've said don't believe the stats, the elderly are dying in waves in western Ukraine and Moldova. So looks like she's staying here for the duration.

Meanwhile, my brother-in-law who's chief engineer on LNG tankers tells us he whole shipping industry is a right mess. Can't get sailors on or off ships, stuck in ports. He himself did a 14 day quarantine in a Korean hotel room and also did two 3 month tours of duty because they couldn't get anyone to replace him.

Mark Rutte will address the nation this evening, pretty much continue with restaurants being closed, schools open and likely you're only going to be able to congregate outside in groups of 2 only. The new cases are going down.

My mother-in-law is planning on going back home, being home sick, had enough of the weather, done what she can in helping raising our kids and now wants to spend the remaining of her years back home with her remaining sisters and family. She was planning on going back in February, but decided to bring it forward. Her sister's told her not come back as the virus is raging and her son is in the army and there is an overload of deaths which he has tasked in helping to bury. They've said don't believe the stats, the elderly are dying in waves in western Ukraine and Moldova. So looks like she's staying here for the duration.

Meanwhile, my brother-in-law who's chief engineer on LNG tankers tells us he whole shipping industry is a right mess. Can't get sailors on or off ships, stuck in ports. He himself did a 14 day quarantine in a Korean hotel room and also did two 3 month tours of duty because they couldn't get anyone to replace him.

Mark Rutte will address the nation this evening, pretty much continue with restaurants being closed, schools open and likely you're only going to be able to congregate outside in groups of 2 only. The new cases are going down.
Mate. Sounds like you’ve had a rough time of it all this year. Hope it’s sorting out. All the best to you and your family.

Mate. Sounds like you’ve had a rough time of it all this year. Hope it’s sorting out. All the best to you and your family.

Thanks, it's certainly been one of the ages and it sure ain't over yet: one of my staff in The Hague is ill and went for a test today. Good job I've had them working from home since it began.

Over the last month, we have seen covid-19 in mink farms. Alas the virus has started to mutate in a undesirable way, and that mutation has been found in 12 ppl.
So now, all mink in the country will be put down. In the region hit the worst, local shutdown. But thinking.. wide shutdown coming.
Until now, we have had the worlds largest production. Not likely to come back.

Last edited:
Over the last month, we have seen covid-19 in mink farms. Alas the virus has started to mutate in a undesirable way, and that mutation has been found in 12 ppl.
So now, all mink in the country will be put down. In the region hit the worst, local shutdown. But thinking.. wide shutdown coming.
Until now, we have had the worlds largest production. Not likely to come back.

There's loads of mink farms here, pretty much all infected, the government is speeding up the plans to close mink farming for good. It's hard to believe there's any market for mink this day and age.

I watched the escape from London yesterday. Over 600 miles of traffic jams. The megacity isn't coming back for those who can escape and remote work. That was another plot of the Obama/EU/Davos crowd get the plebs all living in urban high rises.

It is indeed disgusting. The farms looks like shit, and those cages.. These days mink is mostly worn by tackys anyway.
The last legal fox farmer here, is also closing down this year or the next.

Yeh, it sucks right now. On top of that, I have a command center in El Paso that just went down to the virus.

Yeh, it sucks right now. On top of that, I have a command center in El Paso that just went down to the virus.
meaning people that work there are sick so they're closing it for a few days to disinfect or it literally went down because no one is left to work it???

A lot of confirmed positive cases so everyone is going into quarantine.

in every zombie film, they always get into the sealed facility.
this is true

but i'm genuinely curious on how something like that could happen. is this not one of your hazmat suit centers? something more like answering calls and office workers where everyone isn't following CDC guidelines to the letter?

It’s not a bio lab. A regional Ops center is like a mini nasa mission control. Lots of screens and men yelling at each other and telephones all day. There were also some epis crunching numbers and contact tracers working a phone bank. Maybe even field investigators based there. They took reasonable precautions but didn’t cohort and plan for the inevitable.

I’ve got a lot more people working remotely and staggering shifts with good cohorting.

It’s not a bio lab. A regional Ops center is like a mini nasa mission control. Lots of screens and men yelling at each other and telephones all day. There were also some epis crunching numbers and contact tracers working a phone bank. Maybe even field investigators based there. They took reasonable precautions but didn’t cohort and plan for the inevitable.

I’ve got a lot more people working remotely and staggering shifts with good cohorting.
gotcha. i figured it was more like a mix of the former and the latter and thus had a higher level of security as it were.

"More than 127,000 infections were reported in 24 hours, as well as 1,149 deaths.

The news comes as officials announced that White House chief of staff Mark Meadows had also tested positive for the virus.

He is the latest Trump administration official to contract the disease.

It was not immediately clear how Mr Meadows - who has often appeared at public events without a face mask - was infected."

There's really no danger to the first family or the administration. A lot of them have had it by now and are immune.

"France has recorded 60,486 coronavirus cases in one day, its highest one-day total since the pandemic began.

The new figures bring the number of confirmed cases in the country to 1.7 million, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

A further 828 deaths were confirmed on Friday. Almost 40,000 people have now died from the virus in the country."

"And the journey ahead is long and complicated.

Manufacturing enough doses and then actually immunising hundreds of millions of people around the world is a monumental challenge.

Hospital and care home staff will be prioritised along with those at highest risk from Covid-19.

So face masks and social distancing are likely to feature of our lives for some time to come."

Last I checked there were 7 billion of us but I guess saving the hundreds of millions who really matter is the overall goal.

I think the numbers in China are fake. How does 1.3b or 1.4b people without absolutely closed borders get by with less than 100 infections a day?

Who give's a shit about the numbers. They are just numbers. You can change them. Life in China is back to normal (where normal includes mass surveilance of each and every step anyone takes, of course).

Victoria
  • As of 9 November 2020, no new cases have been diagnosed since yesterday with the total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Victoria at 20,345. This is the tenth consecutive day with no new cases.
  • There are four cases currently active in Victoria. 19,522 people have recovered.
  • Two people are in hospital. There are no cases in intensive care.
  • A total of 3,309,955 test results have been received. This is an increase of 10,653 since yesterday.
  • No active coronavirus cases remaining among healthcare workers.

I forget with these republics. The President is more important than PM or vice versa.

"The pandemic has seen most children in England slipping back with their learning - and some have gone significantly back with their social skills, says Ofsted.

A report from the education watchdog warns some young children have forgotten how to use a knife and fork or have regressed back to nappies."

"The pandemic has seen most children in England slipping back with their learning - and some have gone significantly back with their social skills, says Ofsted.

A report from the education watchdog warns some young children have forgotten how to use a knife and fork or have regressed back to nappies."

Since when did Brit schools commence nappy training kids?

And back in Blighty you have to pay for that drivel that constantly spews from the BBC hacks.

whats the word on this pfizer vaccine Dropbear Dropbear ? they showing optimism or pessimism over this thing.

The sample is too small to really talk about its effectiveness, but side effect seem to be well researched and tested.

Big advantages of this one over the others is that it is tested and seeking approval for 12 and up, rather than 18+ like all the others. It doesn’t require the ultra cold storage of the competitor and dose two is at 21days instead of 28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom