Coronavirus

The sample is too small to really talk about its effectiveness, but side effect seem to be well researched and tested.

Big advantages of this one over the others is that it is tested and seeking approval for 12 and up, rather than 18+ like all the others. It doesn’t require the ultra cold storage of the competitor and dose two is at 21days instead of 28.

What happens to my brother's 2 year old who has been in and out of testing 3x because of suspected symptoms in his day care? We just let the wee ones develop herd immunity?

The sample is too small to really talk about its effectiveness, but side effect seem to be well researched and tested.

Big advantages of this one over the others is that it is tested and seeking approval for 12 and up, rather than 18+ like all the others. It doesn’t require the ultra cold storage of the competitor and dose two is at 21days instead of 28.

It's the side effects they're going to need to convince on...

No one wants to end-up one of Bill Gates sterile eunuch zombies ready for the great reset.

According to The Telegraph, Pfizer ''...only has the capacity to produce 50 million doses this year (enough for 25 million people), you can see how tight supply will be, initially at least.'' The it'll be over by Christmas brigade better not plan any parties this year.

Apparently, people are putting up Christmas lights in the UK now to bring some light into being locked-down ad infinitum.

Last edited:
“SARS-CoV-2 was stable on skin through the duration of the experiment at 4°C (14 days). Virus remained stable on skin for at least 96 h at 22°C and for at least 8h at 37°C”

This a pre-proof:

1605147655278.png

“SARS-CoV-2 was stable on skin through the duration of the experiment at 4°C (14 days). Virus remained stable on skin for at least 96 h at 22°C and for at least 8h at 37°C”

This a pre-proof:
I didn't think there was any (many?) confirmed cases due to fomite transmission?

"Black people are twice as likely as white people to catch the coronavirus, a study of 18 million people suggests.

The research also indicates Asian people are 1.5 times more likely than white people to be infected - and may be more likely to need intensive care."

Orientals seem to be doing relatively fine right now in Asia. Oh wait - they are talking about brown people.

"A new coronavirus strain could potentially leap to other animals, such as rats, mice, ferrets and voles, an expert has warned."

Let's start exterminating all these potential carriers too - wild and domestic. Humanity must live.

Some of the hot ones are in masks. Then again the host said everyone tested negative before coming in.

State of Victoria
There are no new cases diagnosed in the last 14 days (01 Nov – 14 Nov 2020):

I'm going to stage the biggest anti-coronavirus black tie bash once that happens. Book out a whole floor, VIP rooms, DJ with a playlist I curated, bottle service, and a hundred of my favourite people this bloody virus took away from me. Different liquor, food, and music in different rooms. I'm going to sleep 10 hours the night before and go till 4am and stumble to Chinatown for some twilight dim sum. Then I'm sleeping it off and jumping on a plane to Europe for the weekend - business class.

It's shocking that governments still think pushing up closing hours will solve anything. It was done in Europe and failed. Even here it failed.

Yes, bars should be closed given the proclivity for imbibers to speak moistly without masks. I see reports daily on new cases and drinking establishments are at the top of the list.

My nephew has tested positive for the t-cells and antibodies. The only time he's been ill this year, was after my visit in February, both him and my mum were ill for a couple of days. Sister, other nephew, her boyfriend and my mum are all trying to arrange antibody testing.

This is the n-th report showing the virus being present in Italy in late 2019, I don't think this is disputed. It is just ignored.

Yes, research is beginning to show spread from China was earlier than December 2019 when it was first detected in Wuhan.

Are you surprised that the timeline gets refined as more data comes to light?

Not at all, I am hoping that one day soon all this additional information will be included in policy-making.

It changes who we go to for restitution for this God awful mess.

If it is the China virus, we go to China.

What will that change re: policy making? Doesn’t change what needs to be done.
You tell me. Certainly all the information of the past 6-8 months, which is overwhelmingly positive, should have some effect on policies? Yet “the west” has not advanced beyond everybody hiding at home. I’d expect a minimum of creativity in policy making or if that’s too much to ask, at least an adaptation of what seems to be highly successful in other countries.

You tell me. Certainly all the information of the past 6-8 months, which is overwhelmingly positive, should have some effect on policies? Yet “the west” has not advanced beyond everybody hiding at home. I’d expect a minimum of creativity in policy making or if that’s too much to ask, at least an adaptation of what seems to be highly successful in other countries.

The West has been exposed as brittle and fragile. One day soon, they're going to have to man up and accept societies with limited medical manufacturing capacity are going to go down in a serious pandemic. Which Covid is not at the current official death rates. Somewhat similar or a bit higher to the 1968 Hong Kong flu.

No strategic resources in country = no chance.

It's shocking that governments still think pushing up closing hours will solve anything. It was done in Europe and failed. Even here it failed.

Adelaide with 24 cases has gone into very hard lockdown for a week.

Melbourne on 18th consecutive day of no new cases.

Adelaide with 24 cases has gone into very hard lockdown for a week.

Melbourne on 18th consecutive day of no new cases.

When the first flight into Perth landed this week, they were told they needed to go into 14 days quarantine or fly back to Melbourne.

Meanwhile, the glorious NHS procurement in action in:

A Spanish businessman was "paid £21 million" by a US jeweller given millions of pounds of taxpayers money to procure personal protective equipment (PPE) for the NHS, according to court documents.

Papers filed in a legal battle in Florida allege £200 million of taxpayers' money was paid to a company that had no PPE to sell to the UK Government.

Michael Saiger, a Miami-based jeweller, instead paid a Spanish businessman millions of dollars to find Chinese manufacturers of masks, gloves and gowns and then sold them on to the UK for a profit, it is alleged.

Ministers are under pressure to explain why so much public money was spent on PPE contracts fulfilled by companies with no experience of handling medical equipment.

The UK Government faces a legal challenge in the British courts over the contracts but insists "proper due diligence" was followed. Documents from a US court claim Mr Saiger successfully secured contracts with the Department of Health worth more than £200 million in March this year.

In a politically controversial move, the contracts were awarded directly to Mr Saiger rather than being tendered competitively.
Mr Saiger says he then paid a business associate, Gabriel Gonzalez Andersson, £21 million to find manufacturers of PPE in China to fulfil the deals he had signed, effectively acting as a fixer. Mr Andersson denies he was ever paid any money by Mr Saiger's company, Saiger LLC.

Boxes of PPE were delivered to UK hospitals. Court documents filed by Mr Saiger say Mr Andersson's role was to help with "procurement, logistics, due diligence, product sourcing and quality control". They claim he was paid £21 million for his work. The documents say the contracts were "lucrative" for the two men, and that Mr Andersson had "done very well" out of the deal.

The pair then bid for a second round of NHS contracts in June, which could have seen Mr Andersson pocket another £15 million in consulting fees, according to Mr Saiger. However, the relationship between the two broke down and the PPE was never delivered. Their companies are now involved in a legal battle over the second round of deals, where Mr Saiger accuses Mr Andersson of causing "business interruptions that delayed the delivery of PPE to healthcare providers and first responders in the United Kingdom".

Speaking to the BBC, a spokesman for Saiger LLC said the company was proud to have been involved in PPE procurement.
The spokesman said: "We have few full-time staff so for large projects we bring in short-term contractors for additional expertise and capacity, allowing us to deliver what is needed." Legal campaigners plan to challenge the Government in court over the "huge profits" Mr Saiger and Mr Andersson allegedly earned from the contracts.

Jolyon Maugham, an activist barrister who is leading the campaign, told the BBC: "We do not understand why, as late as June, the Government was still making direct awards of contracts sufficiently lucrative as to enable these sorts of profits to be made.
"The real criticism that is to be made here is of the huge profits that Government allows to be generated."

A Government spokesman, who could not comment on legal proceedings, said: "We have been working tirelessly to deliver PPE, delivering more than 4.9 billion items to the frontline so far. Almost 32 billion items have been ordered to provide a continuous supply, which will meet the future needs of health and social care staff. “Proper due diligence is carried out for all Government contracts, and we take these checks extremely seriously."

Perth and Western Australia are running a hard border. With strict quarantine - not at home. But as far as I know internally no restrictions on locals. No masks, no crowd limits etc. They have had bugger all cases. Keep in mind it’s a 3.5 hours flight from melbourne.
Not that anyone wants to go there. It’s full of South Africans. And English carrying on about how great the climate is. It’s hot and dry.

Perth and Western Australia are running a hard border. With strict quarantine - not at home. But as far as I know internally no restrictions on locals. No masks, no crowd limits etc. They have had bugger all cases. Keep in mind it’s a 3.5 hours flight from melbourne.
Not that anyone wants to go there. It’s full of South Africans. And English carrying on about how great the climate is. It’s hot and dry.

I think Dropbear may take offence to that.

That said you might want to ask these people to at least practise Swedish prevention measures of physical distance if not WHO approved mask wearing measures.

It's a wonder it's only 24.

Strange situation, I've got one of my employees coming into The Netherlands from a designated Red Zone, which I don't agree with as they can easily be replaced locally and received this from the Client: ''essential works'': xxxxxx is designated by the Dutch government as critical sector to cope with COVID-19, being production of xxxxxxx. The works by xxxxx group for the project are part of this critical sector and exempted from the advised 10 days quarantine, similar to works as necessary journalism, professional sports, government officials etc.'' So I've backed down.

It's weird that in the time of pandemic, that journalists and sports people are exempted from travel restrictions. Well, journalists I can get to a certain extent, but not fully....professional sports is just absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom