Coronavirus

Oregon led by example, now Canada's top doc needs to get in on the stupidity.

Last edited:

Oregon led by example, now Canada's top doc needs to get in on the stupidity.

It's not a rule. It's a recommendation. The only countries I saw that had a rule was France and probably a few others on the continent. For Spain, I believe they even said in Galicia no smoking outside.

A404EFE1-79B1-4F79-A2A5-F8C6963B804A.jpeg

I reckon those Aussies and Kiwis who remained are now looking at a long extended holiday in their hotel or resort bubbles.

"Under the plans, anyone who has received the last dose of an EU-approved vaccine at least two weeks beforehand will be permitted to travel."

I wonder if my sputnik is covered.

"The EU has already announced plans for a digital certificate, which would cover anyone who is either vaccinated against Covid-19, has a negative test or has recently recovered."

Natural immunity still counts!

Certainly some people right now are planning to get infected so they can go on vacation.

"In the first three months of 2021, the vaccine generated revenues of $3.5bn (£2.5bn) as governments scrambled to try to contain the pandemic.

Revenue from the treatment is expected to hit $26bn this year - accounting for more than one third of Pfizer's sales."

Thank you China.

In the last 12 months in OZ we had people who were immediate Bushfire experts, Firefighting experts, to Climate Change denier experts then quickly pivoted to "Covid 19 is nothing much", then to Quarantine experts, then Mask experts and at the same time Australian USA Constitution/Politics experts, now they are vaccination and epidemiology experts.

All without knowing Sweet Fuck All about almost anything.

Most of them couldn't find their arse if you put both their hands behind their back..

I am not taking any vaccine. I prefer a concentration camp like the one they have already built in the state of Saxony. They do not call it like that, though.

From the article:

India is not in the G7 group of nations but delegates from the country were invited as guests.

Yes. The G7 exists to protect themselves but knowing what happened in India weeks ago why invite them to potentially wipe out all the G7 foreign ministers and secretaries? Unless they were coming with bags of $1TN for each member.

Yes. The G7 exists to protect themselves but knowing what happened in India weeks ago why invite them to potentially wipe out all the G7 foreign ministers and secretaries? Unless they were coming with bags of $1TN for each member.
Well they were invited...possibly for several reasons, if you visit India, you will know that India is very far from being a G7 country.

The last time I saw deliberate deformities at the level of the 1932 Freaks film was in 2010 in Mumbai. And then I'm in eating in a 5 star restaurant where the car park stinks of raw sewage and then we're travelling back to the hotel and my Indian colleague has The Jam on in his car and tells me they're the best single band of all time.

Well they were invited...possibly for several reasons, if you visit India, you will know that India is very far from being a G7 country.

The last time I saw deliberate deformities at the level of the 1932 Freaks film was in 2010 in Mumbai. And then I'm in eating in a 5 star restaurant where the car park stinks of raw sewage and then we're travelling back to the hotel and my Indian colleague has The Jam on in his car and tells me they're the best single band of all time.

You forgot about driving around animals in traffic.

"Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has asked the Chinese Embassy to take back 1,000 donated Sinopharm vaccines, after he was criticised for taking an unapproved vaccine.

In response, Mr Duterte said China should in future only send Sinovac vaccines - a separate Chinese vaccine which is in use in the Philippines.

Sinopharm has not yet been approved in the Philippines."

"According to local outlet Rappler, it is not clear why Mr Duterte might not have taken any of the vaccines that were approved for emergency use."

Local outlet Rappler must be as daft as the people who elected him. Sinovac barely notched above 50 percent efficacy in Brazil. Sinopharm is in its 70s.

Of course maybe all the Chinese characters look the same.

Can someone explain to me why a province should continue lockdown restrictions due to a backlog of surgeries as our Ontario health minister has suggested? The first half of the statement is self-evident, but the latter does not make sense to me, it looks like the shifted the goal posts to the goddamn moon! See below:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/ontario-outdoor-sports-restrictions-1.6014220

"She also said the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations and patients in intensive-care units would have to go down and a backlog of surgeries would have to be worked through before the ban on outdoor sports and other restrictions can be lifted."

Why would a backlog of surgeries be a reasonable justification to stop vaccinated people from returning to their lives? Is there a single iota of evidence to support such a claim?

"Pooja, a 29-year-old Indian national working in Jersey City, New Jersey, was lucky enough to fly back to her hometown of Hyderabad before travel restrictions were enacted.

In mid-April, her parents and sister all came down with the virus. 'I did not want to take any risks,' Pooja - whose name has been changed for this story - says. 'I have heard of people who could not be there, devastating stories of the worst-case scenario, where they lost their parents and were stuck here because of travel bans.'

Pooja was able to care for her family over two weeks - running errands, doctor visits, cooking, cleaning and searching for medicine and hospitals when her father's fever wouldn't break for 10 days. Her family eventually recovered, and Pooja returned to the US just days before the Biden travel ban went into effect."

That's some lucky timing.

Quite solid data that the virus originated in Europe, most likely Italy
Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy

Giovanni Apolone*, Emanuele Montomoli*, Alessandro Manenti, Mattia Boeri, Federica Sabia, Inesa Hyseni, Livia Mazzini, Donata Martinuzzi, Laura Cantone, Gianluca Milanese, Stefano Sestini, Paola Suatoni, Alfonso Marchianò, Valentina Bollati, Gabriella Sozzi, Ugo Pastorino

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0300891620974755

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy

Giovanni Apolone*, Emanuele Montomoli*, Alessandro Manenti, Mattia Boeri, Federica Sabia, Inesa Hyseni, Livia Mazzini, Donata Martinuzzi, Laura Cantone, Gianluca Milanese, Stefano Sestini, Paola Suatoni, Alfonso Marchianò, Valentina Bollati, Gabriella Sozzi, Ugo Pastorino

Old news. It is not entirely convincing though because China had cases in September as well. What's interesting is that it apparently took a full 4-6 months to noticeably spread, until everyone was panicking in Bergamo. Shows that all the closures etc. are fairly useless.

As you know the Italian sweatshop rag trade is run on Chinese labour, with a great many from Wuhan. That's why the first country massively hit in Europe was Italy. The virus emanated in China and from Wuhan. Do a check of flights from Wuhan to Florence there's a large Chinese expatriate community putting the Made in Italy labels on the made in China Prada stuff in those Tuscany hills.

In hindsight, the kiss a Chinese chap to defeat the virus was not a good virus containment strategy either:

Last edited:

That research doesn't state the virus originated in Europe.

From my reading it's saying it was circulating earlier than an originally identified in January 2020. If I missed something, please point it out. Thanks.

Over to the colour commentary to unconfuse the fans on that last play.

Well Thruth, Sammy Ambrose Sammy Ambrose is a Herring shoeman. Quite cleverly - no pun intended - he then slipped in "red herring" as a double-entendre. fxh fxh picked up on that and played off the play on words and posted a pair of red Herring shoos. Back to you Thruth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom