Coronavirus

this legitimately made me laugh

4p9j7962ean71.jpg

It's okay though. They were looking for Gen Z stars to attend and not old over the hill millennial Gen Ys.

"The suspected source of the outbreak is a student's father who tested positive for the virus on 10 September - 38 days after returning from Singapore on 4 August.

He had served 21 days in quarantine, during which he had taken nine nucleic acid and serologic tests, all of which were negative, said a report in the state-run Global Times newspaper.

It is not clear if the student's father was indeed infected overseas, as such a long incubation period is very unusual."

If only he quarantined 28 days and took 10 tests.

I think that is beside the point. Even if one agrees with vaccine mandates, it is still very hypocritical on the part of these leaders. It would be much better leadership to be upfront and explain that measures might be necessary and talk about parallel cases from the get go—rather than act like a mandate is simply unthinkable and preposterous and then then gesturing toward the contrary—just another huge credibility hit, which only makes people more distrustful and less compliant.
They lost what credibility they had months ago.

The cousin probably got infected soon after receiving the vaccine. It’s not a rare symptom - even among mild breakthrough cases.

They lost what credibility they had months ago.
They lost all credibility regarding COVID in Jan/Feb 20, when it was 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt certain for everyone willing to see that this will spread beyond China and most likely had already spread by that time. (In retrospect it is at least likely I was infected in February 2020, was fairly sick for a few days and I NEVER had ANY flu-like symptoms my entire life, not even as a kid, nothing) Look at their statements from that time, it is beyond ridiculous.

Why would anyone give a shit about what random quacks say? Are you really saying that Dr. Simone Gould is or should be held to the same standard as the WHO or the CDC? The political recommendations of those organizations have done infinitely more harm than a handful of (self-proclaimed) doctors recommending unproven/worthless/harmful treatments. If the CDC etc had done their job, all those quacks wouldn’t have emerged in the first place.

They lost all credibility regarding COVID in Jan/Feb 20, when it was 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt certain for everyone willing to see that this will spread beyond China and most likely had already spread by that time. (In retrospect it is at least likely I was infected in February 2020, was fairly sick for a few days and I NEVER had ANY flu-like symptoms my entire life, not even as a kid, nothing) Look at their statements from that time, it is beyond ridiculous.
I posted a Twitter thread a while back that chronicled their bullshittery.

I posted a Twitter thread a while back that chronicled their bullshittery.
Yes I remember, that was excellent. I think it took an even broader perspective, not only focused on COVID, if I remember correctly.

Fuck. The Feds are now running short of monoclonal antibody therapeutics. Maybe we will start handing out horse dewormer after all.

I thought the Ebola drug was also good. Or the British steroid thing.

I thought the Ebola drug was also good. Or the British steroid thing.
Different uses. Monoclonal antibody therapeutics will keep someone at high risk from needing to be hospitalised. Remdesivir will get them discharged from hospital a few days earlier (if they don’t die). Dexamethasone seems to reduce the death rate in hospitalised patients with very severe respiratory symptoms.

And I thought you were just being a neigh sayer.
I have an acquaintance who is in the bio med field. He was bitching to people that they need to stop using so many of the monos weeks ago. I presumed it was only about the virus but he said no it was also about supply.

I have an acquaintance who is in the bio med field. He was bitching to people that they need to stop using so many of the monos weeks ago. I presumed it was only about the virus but he said no it was also about supply.
HHS haven’t made any real effort to ration or restrict up until this afternoon. It’s like they just reached into the pantry for the peanut butter and said ‘oh shit, let’s start rationing now’. And they are devolving the ordering process to the states so they don’t get the blame for the lack of supply.

HHS haven’t made any real effort to ration or restrict up until this afternoon. It’s like they just reached into the pantry for the peanut butter and said ‘oh shit, let’s start rationing now’. And they are devolving the ordering process to the states so they don’t get the blame for the lack of supply.
That sound like a fucking mess in the making

"The JCVI said the Pfizer vaccine should be the primary choice for booster shots, with a half-dose of Moderna as an alternative. It said these messenger RNA vaccines are more effective as booster shots. The AstraZeneca vaccine shot, which is based on a different technology, will be offered to anyone who can’t receive an mRNA vaccine for clinical reasons."

One dose only for 12 to 15, Pfizer full dose for booster, half dose Moderna for booster. No AstraZeneca for booster.

Another wrinkle in the thought processes of our greatest minds in medicine.

"The JCVI said the Pfizer vaccine should be the primary choice for booster shots, with a half-dose of Moderna as an alternative. It said these messenger RNA vaccines are more effective as booster shots. The AstraZeneca vaccine shot, which is based on a different technology, will be offered to anyone who can’t receive an mRNA vaccine for clinical reasons."

One dose only for 12 to 15, Pfizer full dose for booster, half dose Moderna for booster. No AstraZeneca for booster.

Another wrinkle in the thought processes of our greatest minds in medicine.

What wrinkle is that?

What wrinkle is that?

Half dose Moderna. I thought Israelis were just taking the original Pfizer and applying it again.

In Quebec they were handing out a third moderna to straighten up your mix and match vaccination record.

One dose only for 12 to 15. Fairly sure 12 plus get two in North America.

I forget which country but one was using sinovac for booster.

ACIP meets tomorrow, so everyone is out making their case this week. Including Pfizer/Israel. There was a good piece written a few weeks ago on why we should be cautious infering too much from the Israeli data.

The Lancet recently published a letter strongly advising against booster shots. Singed a.o. by the recently resigned heads of the FDA vaccine research. But then, The Lancet apparently publishes a lot of crap letters, including the one ruling out that Cov was manufactured, so who knows. Certainly most people will not get a booster shot, unless it becomes mandatory like the regular vaccination. Sorry Pfizer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom