Coronavirus

Associations of Depression, Anxiety, Worry, Perceived Stress, and Loneliness Prior to Infection With Risk of Post–COVID-19 Conditions​

Funny I was in the office with someone who came from attending Oktoberfest. He got selected for random coronavirus testing after landing and then a few days after seeing him at the office his PCR test result came back negative.

This virus created so many fashionable terms for politicians, media and bureaucrats to use. Flatten the curve. Social distancing. New normal. Out of an abundance of caution.

Now it is living with the virus which is simply code for we don't have the money nor willpower to continue this so people will just have to get sick and die. They could have called it capitulation but that wouldn't sound eloquent.

"The decline in Covid numbers, if it holds, will not reverse these developments after the November elections. Just as we may talk about societal comorbidity, societies may suffer from long Covid — an impaired functioning of democracy that may persist long after the contagion survives."

"The results are based on blood samples taken from adults one week after they received the updated booster. In those blood samples, Pfizer said, neutralizing antibodies against BA.4 and BA.5 were higher compared with the antibody levels seen before the person got the booster.

John Moore, a professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medical College, was critical of the announcement, calling it unhelpful."

More antibodies aren't helpful?

I get my BA1 booster in another two weeks. The US approved BA4/5 by the time the ball drops in Times Square. This next vaccine will be ready by spring break 2023
We have a BA 5 booster now. What BA 1 booster? As far as I know there is no booster targeted at the new strain.

Interesting. Dropbear Dropbear are we getting this thing?
How’s that different to what we already have?

Waste water testing hit a record low today - less Covid now than at any time since we started testing in May 2020.

I was deep into Ebola World until today - pulled back into Covidland to make sure the official after action report reflects what real happened and not some sanitised bullshit.

"Local Communist Party officials also declined to respond to BBC inquiries, saying: 'Please wait for an official announcement.'

China's Covid rules demand that anyone who is infected, or a close contact, must be sent to a state-run quarantine centre.
It's not clear if JinJin had Covid or if she had been placed in the quarantine site because she was a contact."

Among nearly 3,800 supervisors surveyed, 16.9% said they had a disability, said Andrew Houtenville, a professor at the University of New Hampshire and the report's lead author.

Forty percent of respondents said they had supervised someone with lasting physical or mental challenges associated with COVID-19.
that is an ASTONISHING amount of people if you extrapolate the numbers across the workforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom