Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Lovely room he is in. Suit and entire outfit looks awful on him....the barbarian tie, the pocketsquare, the bangle, the cheap looking jacket, the slim cut trousers. Urk. I bet he is wearing glued sole pointy shoes to complete the look. :vomithate:
Lovely room he is in. Suit and entire outfit looks awful on him....the barbarian tie, the pocketsquare, the bangle, the cheap looking jacket, the slim cut trousers. Urk. I bet he is wearing glued sole pointy shoes to complete the look. :vomithate:
Hes not in the room - he was using a Green Screen - he said

Same Dude

e 1703739609133.png

Looks like a complete sausage fest. Again.
I renew my amazement that people travel half way around the world for a trade show when they’re not even involved in the trade - they’re just groupies.

Looks like a complete sausage fest. Again.
I renew my amazement that people travel half way around the world for a trade show when they’re not even involved in the trade - they’re just groupies.

this is the part that makes no fuckin sense to me either.

I recall when I first learned about Pitti after seeing all the photos, and I asked someone in person "so what is the deal with this event, what is it about, should I check it out?" and I was told, "no dude, it's a trade show, for people in the trade. there would be nothing for you to do, and you wouldn't get in."

we've now got all these guys who received the same information and thought "I will go anyway!"

I like Simon's tie ( and look) there. I see that and think damn, I should wear my many ties more. Then I am disabused of that notion when I see these clowns.

I mean, how else you going to get a bunch of pictures of yourself standing around looking like an asshole with so many other assholes?
Was just about to write something similar.
You get the chance to have your photo taken with some aging balding greasy Italian in a loud jacket giving you the thumbs up, so your life is now complete.

It's such a horrible clown show - and how desperate for attention must you be if you fly across the Atlantic, simply to attend a trade show of a trade you are not remotely involved in. The guys from Bryceland's and even Crompers, to a degree, I can understand, but what kind of attention-whores are the non-trade-attendees?

It's such a horrible clown show - and how desperate for attention must you be if you fly across the Atlantic, simply to attend a trade show of a trade you are not remotely involved in. The guys from Bryceland's and even Crompers, to a degree, I can understand, but what kind of attention-whores are the non-trade-attendees?
Yeah at least those in the trade can write off their flight and hotel as a business expense. Mossy and the urban cowboy wrapped in a Navajo blanket et al are surely on the hook for all their expenses.
Does DW stalwart blue loafers go? I haven’t seen mention of him in a while. And that Gianni tie making charlatan with the Trevor Horn glasses.

Gay sex. I cannot think of any other reason why all these weird looking blokes are traveling to the same city to dress up and party together.

^^^

dress-ups, and doing a very bad job of it l may add.

Look at the asian guy in the second last photo. Whoa. :o Actually look at all the people in masks...they must think they are in a secret society....trying to feel really important.

btw, where is Mr Claymore?

The Armoury wannabe, Anglo Italian, run by ex shill Jake Grantham, goes bust.
In summary

Parent company in BVI struck off register following a dispute among its two shareholders

Trading company in UK then left unable to obtain banking facilities, etc due to non-existent parent

Oh shit, what now?

Procrastination for months

Administrators appointed

Business name, goodwill, stock, etc sold to related party, the father of one of the shareholders

Unsecured creditors get nothing, business continues under new ownership, website presence continues seamlessly

So a rich kid plaything all along, then. This time with added bonus of friendship mixed with money, and small creditors cheated as usual.

Cluster B of personality disorders my friend, that is the key. I learnt a lot of those in the other unforum when student of disorders, it was my gold mine for deep analice. Specially the owner is a main cluster B who does puntuactes extremely in the 4 components of it and deep integrated psychopath as Rambo will agree.

Attention need desperates looking for attention in almost 99% of the cases due to neglent parents who didn´t give them that proper attention when kids.

Gay sex. I cannot think of any other reason why all these weird looking blokes are traveling to the same city to dress up and party together.

Circa 15 years since I exposed the castle dungeon butt parties there. That is why I never took the fast train from Naples to that show even having free entrances available, who wants to be kidnapped and end as the kidnappeds of Pulp Fiction? Sure my butt does not.:fadancing:

Who wants to share a hotel with most of those weirdos without permission to own big calibre guns for selfbuttdefense?
BTW on this set, any deserves my respects and I won´t ever dress as any of the pictured.

^^^^

best photos...ever. Wow.

Gentleman'savenue (day III) certainly gives Mr Claymore a run for his money in igent-ing it up with his cigar and Homburg. Actually he has out Claymored Mr Claymore, and he has his gloves in his pocket of course; the only problem is that they aren't in his breast pocket probably because he already has a ps stuffed in there already.

Who is this Mr Claymore of which you write?

Give me a few hours and i'll show you some of his best photos. It will be worth the wait. You're really going to like what l have to show you. ;)

Late edit: just a quick glimpse. Our Mr Claymore doesn't do things in small ways, he wrote the book on how to be an igent. He wears REAL flowers in his lapel, wears gloves in his overcoat pockets, always wears a pocketsquare and often has his wooden handled umbrella, and he owns pith helmets, monocles etc. This guy does the whole nine yards.

Here he is taking tea in his backyard, dressed to the nines in typical Mr Claymore style...because even pottering around at home requires the full treatment.
Mr Claymore 1.jpg

Last edited:
Beyond the discussion of why civilians would attend a trade event, I’m struggling to understand the logic of how people decide what they will wear.

It seems it is not really about dressing well anymore, but about creating enough shock and awe to be “really out there”, perhaps with the wild ambition of becoming a trend-setter? I remember some of the pics from 3-4 years ago (pre-pandemic?), and you’d see some very well dressed gentlemen around, with the odd avante-garde proponent here and there. Now it just seems to be a race for who wins at out-ridiculing the rest of the crowd, no?

Last edited:
Beyond the discussion of why civilians would attend a trade event, I’m struggling to understand the logic of how people decide what they will wear.

It seems it is not really about dressing well anymore, but about creating enough shock and awe to be “really out there”, perhaps with the wild ambition of becoming a trend-setter? I remember some of the pics from 3-4 years ago (pre-pandemic?), and you’d seem some very well dressed gentlemen around, with the odd avante-garde proponent here and there. Now it just seems to be a race for who wins at out-ridiculing the rest of the crowd, no?
We said the same thing about falling standards, 5 years ago. The freaks have been there, ever since Scott Schuman started photo-blogging.
I can remember 15 years ago, talking to my local shop owner, who attended every year. He said at that time, that it had changed. Silly spretzura statements had become a thing. A guy struttet around with a doll in is pocket, instead of a pocket square. Freaky suits and street photographers. Gimmicks for self-marketing purposes, nothing more.

Let the cosplayers get their picture taken, party with 'friends' and do their silly little reports. How large a % does the 'non-trade' attendance actually cover?

One of the memorable outifts from earlier. Bought everything cheap off the ebay and decided to play dressups at Pitti. No-one in the whole world would ever dress like that. Awful colour combining.
Pitti disaster.png

One of my favourites ever was the man dressed in a nice suit with boater hat on his head while smoking a cigar, but he was carrying a plastic bic lighter. Remember that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom