Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Heres mine - From Target - $25 aud - around 14 GBP squids
A1079024.jpg

I wonder where Crompton is getting the money for bespoke pajamas.

Check out these pajamas fxh fxh almost $1,000 for off-the-rack.
https://www.derek-rose.com/men/clot...pyjamas-brindisi-31-pure-silk-satin-navy.html

and if you really have deep pockets you can get off the rack pairs fromThe Row for almost $5,000 ASD. :ahahahaha:

I have been meaning to get some Derik Rose pajamas one day, but l want brushed cotton. Sadly Henry Bucks never stocks them. Doesn't matter, a 25 buck pair does me fine. I'd much rather spend my money on luxury cashmere tracksuit pants instead...still looking.

Sweet Dreams: Rise of the $1,200 Pajamas
https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/sweet-dreams-rise-of-the-1200-pajamas

With the excessive wealth around today people want status symbols more and more, and what better than pajamas that cost a fortune to give one boasting rights. When you go to parties with shallow snobs you can tell them that your pajamas cost over 1,000 bucks and they would likely be impressed. AND if your pajamas cost 5,000 bucks or are made of vicuna those people would be so jealous that they'd likely want to be YOU.

It's about reaching the next level so one can tell their friends. People have cars and all of that, but who lifts the ceiling with pajamas...no-one really, but now they are starting to climb the pajama ladder. One day a bloke will have $10,000 pajamas and he's gonna be a legend in some people's eyes. I am sure some people wanna be that guy.

Last edited:
The thing is PJs are easy to make at home. They need to fit loose anyway. And it’s just a boxy loose cut and it’s unstructured. So the price of material is all that it really costs. Nicest pair I had to wear was bamboo. Linen would be good.

At some point the kids will hit an age that I’ll need to start wearing PJs or boxers or something to bed. I’m not looking forward to that time.

They need to fit loose anyway. And it’s just a boxy loose cut and it’s unstructured.

Exactly - I was amazed by Crompton's insistence that he wanted a more fitted cut to his pyjama shirt because that's what he is used to with regular shirts.

Of course her face says it all. The bloke's wearing US Pacific theatre camouflage from WWII. The colour of the enemy.
Clever.

Imagine having taste that bad, it is one of the foulest outfits l have ever seen. I'd love to know what he was thinking when he bought those clothes. I'd also like to know more about him and how his mind thinks. I would think he'd be a very unusual man given his clothing choices.

I'd also like to know more about him and how his mind thinks.

Like Crompton's when he commissions bespoke pyjamas?

I mean fer fex ache. Bespoke pyjamas. And they say Oxford produces class. Does it fuck. Crompton's blog reads like a Gulf oligarch's (two generations away from ignorant camel-herder) shopping list.

I wonder who wears it nowadays ?

Maybe Russian oligarchs want more than Lidl polycotton sleepwear, but I doubt they go in for a latter day Noël Coward look.

I know one guy that works at one of the London LP stores, and apparently a lot of the ultra-expensive clothes (Loro Piana, Stefano Ricci, etc.) are popular among Russians and Middle-eastern clients.

And Paul Manafort.

I know one guy that works at one of the London LP stores, and apparently a lot of the ultra-expensive clothes (Loro Piana, Stefano Ricci, etc.) are popular among Russians and Middle-eastern clients.

And Paul Manafort.
How are they set for ostrich skin. Might want to dial back now Manafort is cut off.

They've since moved on. Bespoke is the new Loro Piana/Stefano Ricci, which was the new Versace/Hugo Boss. Now they're commissioning bespoke everything. From watches to pyjamas. A friend of mine did a swimming pool mosaic for a Russian oligarch. With gold tiles. I shit you not. A few days after the job was finished, the decided he wanted another design. So he made a new commission.

That's the way it works. Bespoke is no longer the preserve of those with good taste and good sense as well as good money.

But to present it as an expert disquisition on "permanent style" is just pushing it.

I can't way for the day that this current 50's-esque Italian playboy cosplaying act blows over. Every fucker in the #menswear circle looks like a clone of each other.

Same 14" rise trousers, Liverano-esque open quarters, suede loafers, 2" cuffs on no-break, skinny-tie-blade-longer, unbuttoned button-down collars, and list goes on.

Don’t fux with my suede pennyloafs

Versatile as hell shoe

Yes, but why do these arbitrators of taste and bespoke always choose the most effeminate looking loafer possible? Perchance one of them got a job lot of a over sized batch that was originally destined for Japanese school girls?

The suit isn't awful - if he had a tie instead of visible underwear I'm sure it'd look fine. I can even overlook the comb-over. But the sleeve length on the jacket? The paraplegic photography?

20180921_065748-01.jpeg.jpg

How dreadfully middle class.

That is very FNB. I LOVE IT!!!

As I said at FNB about this a while back, the ones `in the know' have moved on from that brand years ago. It is now seen as a brand for secretaries and the middle class. The people `in the know' have moved onto better things and left that mass produced brand way behind .

Last edited:
^ I quite like the look of quite a bit of Spier and Mackay's stuff, particularly considering the price point.

For example, the jacket in the above picture looks nice - but definitely not with that shirt. That combination is truly abominable and that jacket and shirt should always be kept at least a metre apart, even in the wardrobe!

For example, the jacket in the above picture looks nice - but definitely not with that shirt. That combination is truly abominable and that jacket and shirt should always be kept at least a metre apart, even in the wardrobe!

Aye, never go full matching chequered flag combination. You can try all you like it won't work and especially to be avoided if you are going on television later in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom