Doghouse's Daily Elite Yacht Instagame Thread

I would assume having the ability to leave isn't all to common in Russia. Closest to Russia I've been is Germany though, I'm not studied up on the culture.

doghouse doghouse , is this a new passion or did you grow up around yachting?

I would assume having the ability to leave isn't all to common in Russia. Closest to Russia I've been is Germany though, I'm not studied up on the culture.

Just takes enough Rubles, right LKP LKP

I did grow up around it, and was my profession for awhile.

olololololol please stop fulfilling the emereken clichés

olololololol please stop fulfilling the emereken clichés

Bc I'm a fat gun welding inbred lunatic who enjoys football, hates government, is slightly racist but fails to see that I'm really the person who invaded these grounds. Thank you. I'm trying to change.

Just takes enough Rubles, right LKP LKP

I did grow up around it, and was my profession for awhile.

Very cool. The only yacht I've been on was for my step-fathers birthday party. He was the director of SCI at the time and was a pro big game hunter. Not really my crowd buy gave me a reason to wear a linen DB sport coat. Do you still spend most of your free time out on a boat? (I can't even swim.)

Very cool. The only yacht I've been on was for my step-fathers birthday party. He was the director of SCI at the time and was a pro big game hunter. Not really my crowd buy gave me a reason to wear a linen DB sport coat. Do you still spend most of your free time out on a boat? (I can't even swim.)

You really can't swim? Damn you are from flyover.

I spend as much as possible on the water. Surfing, sailing etc... Haven't picked up any racing gigs in awhile though because of baby and not gonna this year either. Just racing ours which is in my avatar and the photos. Had to skip Bermuda again and a fun C&C 30 program. Plus the reinstated Cuba race which really sucks.

You really can't swim? Damn you are from flyover.

I spend as much as possible on the water. Surfing, sailing etc... Haven't picked up any racing gigs in awhile though because of baby and not gonna this year either. Just racing ours which is in my avatar and the photos. Had to skip Bermuda again and a fun C&C 30 program. Plus the reinstated Cuba race which really sucks.

My mother and step-father had a condo on a lake here in the midwest. My father is a former minor league player and started a trucking business and took over his family farm. Between always working for my father, playing summer ball and trying to get noticed by college scouts I never took the time to learn.

That seems like a fun hobby. I do autocross, probably not nearly as fun but still competitive. Seems like you have had some fun events so far. Lovely boat btw. Much cooler then our little dingy.

My wife's father is a boat builder and I grew up sailing in the summers with my father. Our families do bare-boat charters every few years. We're due for another one.

Crossing the Sea of Cortez in 2011:

Leaving La Paz:
Helmsman.jpg

Heading into the Pacific, passing Santiago. Cabo would be on the far side of the peninsula to the left. I wish I had a pic of this from behind me, because right here I'm looking at a beam sea of pants-shittingly massive whitecaps in the distance, but not nearly as distant as I'd like it to be. Our fathers took over at the helm about the time I got this look on my face.

JoeyattheHelm.jpg

This next picture isn't ours, but once you get a few klicks south of Cabo the waves come all the way in from Hawaii with no one to tell them to slow the fuck down, and it's pretty much this, long rollers the size of a two-story house. The boat was a 50-foot, 35-ton steel-hulled ketch and was built to take it, but that didn't make it suck any less.

Wave.jpg

We spent one of the longest nights of my life out there getting the piss knocked out of us and then headed north again, took the easy crossing to La Cruz, and went down the coast to PV, stopping in at lots of playas with nice bars and friendly palapas along the way and apologizing to our wives for the rest of the trip.

Anyway. Easier sailing: my father-in-law and me, puttering around the harbor in one of the skiffs he builds. Plenty of bars here in town have docks where you can just raft up and go inside for a beer and a burger. For me, this is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon that involves wearing pants.

skiff.jpg

And lastly, my personal boat, also built by the family. Not a yacht by any means but she's my work boat -- crabbing, fishing, hunting, and just taking my wife out for a row in the harbor at sunset with a bottle of wine. Here we're doing pest control on the Columbia River, bowfishing for carp. That's me in the middle, my wife on the foredeck, and my brother-in-law on the oars.

Carping.jpg

This boat can also be fitted for a main and jib for fucking around in the harbor on gusty days. It sails like sex on skis.

We don't formally belong to the yacht club here in town but we get invited to a couple of events every year. Her father gives away something like a pair of oars or a hand-carved toy boat with his company name engraved on them, and then we all get hammered and eat our bodyweight in tiger prawns and lox. Which I think is what a yacht club should be about.

I probably blew the whole "elite" thing long ago in this post but fuck those trust-funder pretty-boy carbon-fiber dipshits, and double-fuck the pencil-necked gutless assholes who are driving up the slip and moorage prices with their precious toys that have never left sight of shore. If your yacht doesn't have a hibachi on the back and gimbals for Solo cups, you're a pussy and an embarrassment to the gods of the sea.

My wife's father is a boat builder and I grew up sailing in the summers with my father. Our families do bare-boat charters every few years. We're due for another one.

Crossing the Sea of Cortez in 2011:

Leaving La Paz:
View attachment 12901

Heading into the Pacific, passing Santiago. Cabo would be on the far side of the peninsula to the left. I wish I had a pic of this from behind me, because right here I'm looking at a beam sea of pants-shittingly massive whitecaps in the distance, but not nearly as distant as I'd like it to be. Our fathers took over at the helm about the time I got this look on my face.

View attachment 12898

This next picture isn't ours, but once you get a few klicks south of Cabo the waves come all the way in from Hawaii with no one to tell them to slow the fuck down, and it's pretty much this, long rollers the size of a two-story house. The boat was a 50-foot, 35-ton steel-hulled ketch and was built to take it, but that didn't make it suck any less.

View attachment 12919
We spent one of the longest nights of my life out there getting the piss knocked out of us and then headed north again, took the easy crossing to La Cruz, and went down the coast to PV, stopping in at lots of playas with nice bars and friendly palapas along the way and apologizing to our wives for the rest of the trip.

Anyway. Easier sailing: my father-in-law and me, puttering around the harbor in one of the skiffs he builds. Plenty of bars here in town have docks where you can just raft up and go inside for a beer and a burger. For me, this is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon that involves wearing pants.

View attachment 12900

And lastly, my personal boat, also built by the family. Not a yacht by any means but she's my work boat -- crabbing, fishing, hunting, and just taking my wife out for a row in the harbor at sunset with a bottle of wine. Here we're doing pest control on the Columbia River, bowfishing for carp. That's me in the middle, my wife on the foredeck, and my brother-in-law on the oars.

View attachment 12902

This boat can also be fitted for a main and jib for fucking around in the harbor on gusty days. It sails like sex on skis.

We don't formally belong to the yacht club here in town but we get invited to a couple of events every year. Her father gives away something like a pair of oars or a hand-carved toy boat with his company name engraved on them, and then we all get hammered and eat our bodyweight in tiger prawns and lox. Which I think is what a yacht club should be about.

I probably blew the whole "elite" thing long ago in this post but fuck those trust-funder pretty-boy carbon-fiber dipshits, and double-fuck the pencil-necked gutless assholes who are driving up the slip and moorage prices with their precious toys that have never left sight of shore. If your yacht doesn't have a hibachi on the back and gimbals for Solo cups, you're a pussy and an embarrassment to the gods of the sea.

Who is your father in law?

It's not germane to the conversation. If you're in the market for a boat, though, PM me and I'll send you his info.

carping-jpg.12902

this made me olololololo

edit:
THIS PIC NEEDS TO BE SHOWN ONCE MORE!!!

carping-jpg.12902

My cousin got a Riviera speedboat for his 18th birthday. Cracked the hull on a rock the next day and never used it again.

He a heroin addict now.

:truestory:

It's not germane to the conversation. If you're in the market for a boat, though, PM me and I'll send you his info.

No, not really. I just know about every boat builder on the planet and was curious.

i never thought about it. i guess they are the same. im dumb. now i wish carlos daughter had given me shirtings for my weddings rather than the present i did recieve

I actually had no idea they were the same either. Then again, they weren't at my wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom