Drainpipe trahseez

Don’t make it

Or maybe they are not bought from Marks

Or maybe they are another useful excuse for poor sales.

When I'm back in the UK I get to go to M&S both the outlet on Cheshire Oaks and store nearby almost every day. My missus loves it, and everyone loves the food shop. Mega.

It's prime quality outside of the food, is that you've got sizes covering almost every base. The menswear has a number of problems, lots of sports jackets very samey. Off-the-peg Suits iffy and ties a joke. I did buy a travel blazer a very tropical one not this time, but time I was back in early November for just over a 100 quid. A bit of town tailoring and excellent value for the price. They need better buyers and strategy on the menswear.

When they closed here in the Hague, along with the Brits, the middle class immigrants from Africa and the Arab world were weeping. Never took on with the Dutch, they particularly had no interest in the food. Strange cats some of them.

Anyway back to trousers: I noticed the long shorts and tight fitting pants still in fashion in the UK. Still looks crap on overweight middle aged dudes. But virtually no one had traditional fit trousers.

They say Christmas pudding sales are also down. I love them. Eaten one in January, with a spare still available

I blame Johnny Foreigner. No to Stollen and Panetonne. Heaven help us with a Third World scoff - if they even bother with Christmas.

When I'm back in the UK I get to go to M&S both the outlet on Cheshire Oaks and store nearby almost every day. My missus loves it, and everyone loves the food shop. Mega.

It's prime quality outside of the food, is that you've got sizes covering almost every base. The menswear has a number of problems, lots of sports jackets very samey. Off-the-peg Suits iffy and ties a joke. I did buy a travel blazer a very tropical one not this time, but time I was back in early November for just over a 100 quid. A bit of town tailoring and excellent value for the price. They need better buyers and strategy on the menswear.

When they closed here in the Hague, along with the Brits, the middle class immigrants from Africa and the Arab world were weeping. Never took on with the Dutch, they particularly had no interest in the food. Strange cats some of them.

Anyway back to trousers: I noticed the long shorts and tight fitting pants still in fashion in the UK. Still looks crap on overweight middle aged dudes. But virtually no one had traditional fit trousers.

M&S used to be decent fifteen years ago. Thirty years ago it was top notch. Then they moved all their production to sweatshops in exotic oriental places. The quality plummeted and the sizing went all wonky: tight trahseez that squeeze yer meat&2veg like a vice, and shirts built to fit a heavyweight E-cup Valkyrie.

I have a pair of M&S shreddies from the good old days which I'm hanging on to.

It would not be correct to say that skinny trou for men are the Devils work...

....as Satan has considerable style...

M&S used to be decent fifteen years ago. Thirty years ago it was top notch. Then they moved all their production to sweatshops in exotic oriental places. The quality plummeted and the sizing went all wonky: tight trahseez that squeeze yer meat&2veg like a vice, and shirts built to fit a heavyweight E-cup Valkyrie.

Yes, in the days of the St. Michael brand when it was 90% ‘Made in Britain’. Before the share price and delusions about their infallibility took precedence over attention to quality and value and foreign clothing took a more prominent place in their stock.

I still have an old green plastic suit carrier with St Michael brand.

I can assure you 30 years ago, M&S was still viewed as an old man's brand with the worse grey plastic shoes imaginable. However, everyone bought their work suits from there. They were also out sourcing then, but to Portugal, which seemed quite exotic. The Oxford button-downs from that period were excellent.

They could be like an English version of Brooks Brothers, which they once owned as you know. What is ailing: quite simply, a lack of applied strategic talent.

Marks & Sparks made fantastic knitwear in the mid 90s. I still have an Alpaca chuncky knit jumper from them.

I can assure you 30 years ago, M&S was still viewed as an old man's brand with the worse grey plastic shoes imaginable. However, everyone bought their work suits from there. They were also out sourcing then, but to Portugal, which seemed quite exotic. The Oxford button-downs from that period were excellent.

They could be like an English version of Brooks Brothers, which they once owned as you know. What is ailing: quite simply, a lack of applied strategic talent.

What is lacking is, to quote Crompers, "design".

I can assure you 30 years ago, M&S was still viewed as an old man's brand with the worse grey plastic shoes imaginable.

Those light grey vinyl velcro shoes with the plastic soles? Yep, many old men wore them here too in the 80's. Worst shoes ever made, and they were around for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom