I have a question regarding E.G Cappelli, why do you guys show so much contempt for his ties?
I have never bought any, but he does have a wide range of patterns and cloths, and one can choose the width, length etc... Now, most ties that I see on people seem to be well constructed.
Alternatively, which tie makers would you suggest then?

Forum dynamics
Small jokes turning into something big

Plus i heard he once charged the full price for an outlet tie

Good ties
E marinella - berlusconi-approved
Hermes - common crook-approved

Plus i heard he once charged the full price for an outlet tie

kdR7j.gif

E marinella - berlusconi-approved

doghouse approved™

Ok, thanks. He does offer interesting prices though, 80€ without shipping average cost is cheaper than Marinella or Drakes.

Neither are bad but Drake's is tremendously overpriced. Marinella, I don't know what price range are they moving into, but in 3 fold construction I don't really find Cappelli any worse.

Marinella is a step up, but Crapelli is a good value.
I disagree. Maybe Marinella in days of yore. I'd say they are equivalent.

Drake's is terribly overpriced ( and finishing is sub-par)but who in their right mind buys Drake's full price?

I don't think i'd every buy a tie again for more than 100GBP ( or maybe even ever buy a tie again as my tie wardrobe is full and runneth over).

I disagree. Maybe Marinella in days of yore. I'd say they are equivalent.

I mean, maybe if you consider last year "yore"? I have both, and I don't think there is any comparison. But that's just my humble opinion YMMV BTW OLO jajajajajajajajaja.

What makes Marinellas better? The only thing I see is maybe sloppier tacks on Cappellis, but other than that I fail to see the difference. But then again mine are all 3 fold lined, both Marinella and Cappelli. Maybe other construction types show more difference?

What makes Marinellas better? The only thing I see is maybe sloppier tacks on Cappellis, but other than that I fail to see the difference. But then again mine are all 3 fold lined, both Marinella and Cappelli. Maybe other construction types show more difference?

I am partial to 7 fold unlined ties to neck. I've found the Marinella finish a little better, and generally like their tissue more. I'm not against Our Mate Pat's ties at all, I actually think they are really good and best value, I just like Marinella more.

I am partial to 7 fold unlined ties to neck. I've found the Marinella finish a little better, and generally like their tissue more. I'm not against Our Mate Pat's ties at all, I actually think they are really good and best value, I just like Marinella more.
dog add a review to the review thread.

i'm going to setup a master list of approved makers as well so we have a list of this shit for the newcomers.

I mean, maybe if you consider last year "yore"? I have both, and I don't think there is any comparison. But that's just my humble opinion YMMV BTW OLO jajajajajajajajaja.

I also bought both last year. Both 7-folds, cashmere comparable tissue.

Also bought a RLPL 3-fold cashmere which had better finish than both Pat's and Marinella.

Horses for Courses. for connaisseurs only ...ololo

YMMV.

Jajajajaja

Of all the ties i own, Hober stands apart

Either way they are just ties.

I also bought both last year. Both 7-folds, cashmere comparable tissue.

Also bought a RLPL 3-fold cashmere which had better finish than both Pat's and Marinella.

Horses for Courses. for connaisseurs only ...ololo

YMMV.

Jajajajaja

Of all the ties i own, Hober stands apart

Either way they are just ties.

Hober are legit.

Jajajajajajajajaja

I quite like Drake’s, but I usually get mine off their Haberdasher shop - part of their factory is based there, and their products are a lot cheaper. The only reason why they are cheaper is because these are from previous seasons, but that is not really off-putting.

What makes Marinellas better?

The brand
The small shoppe next to that cafe
That cafe
The people sitting in that very cafe
Sitting in the cafe and watching the world of menswear go by
The owner of that very cafe
The bigger shoppe upstairs
The japanese saleslady
The vintage tissues for sale
The other salesmen, knowing funny naples tailoring gossip
The letters from oh so many statesmen
...i could continue here but the sea is calling...

The brand
That cafe
The japanese saleslady

The free Napoli watch Mr. Marinella will give you personally so the Spanish Quarter types don't steal your Rolex.
The only worthwhile menswear shop open on Naples most of August for the Capri yacht business.
The ability to request the Naples price in Milan.
The love of the masons.
72EACE1C-2087-406A-9C6A-8C700BB1EC54.jpeg

The brand
That cafe
The japanese saleslady

The best is Ulturale, if you need the best charlie, just go downstairs where they mix it with cocoa powder for distribution and give the secret code for maximun purity. The owner even has a Harley...

Last edited:
What do these guys drink?'

nothing like being talented https://www.esquireme.com/style/savile-row-knights From buttonhole makers to master cutters in 5 years

In London, we had to start right from the beginning,” explains Pawan, who worked for Norton & Sons for five years while Ashish worked for Davies & Son for seven years. “I started off as a buttonhole maker, my brother made trouser alterations.” But eventually they got to the cutting board and got to play a part in the whole process

Master tailor in 5 years?

In Naples to be considered real tailor, 10 years are needed, master tailor, maybe all your life.

Those are pretentious fakers as the maestrosastrelangatetangajr.

I am watching the armhole he drafted and there are room for 4 arms and totally NOT ERGONOMIC, is pure SHIT.

No wonder why English untailoring is just crap nowadays...

Passaggio Cravatte : warning scam . Their Site isn't accurate. Fake dimensions e.g. from scarfs (Lengths reported 180 mm, in reality only 160 mm) intend to mislead and entice . Methods not positive for Italian image.

Passaggio Cravatte : warning scam .

Is he still around?!

We did an expose of Gianni on this forum years ago:

Unfortunately, he still continued to appear occasionally in articles in "luxury" magazines, with gullible journalists repeating his stories about vintage silks, painstakingly sewn by himself.

Is he still around?!

We did an expose of Gianni on this forum years ago:

Of course he's still around, there's still so much of that 1970s fire retardant curtain material still to be got rid of. And if that fails, get the ink-printer out.

Of course he's still around, there's still so much of that 1970s fire retardant curtain material still to be got rid of. And if that fails, get the ink-printer out.

Just found more possibly alleguedly fake adverts ( did not had time to read it deeply), this time with Bruce “voyeur” ?

Passaggio Cravatte : warning scam . Their Site isn't accurate. Fake dimensions e.g. from scarfs (Lengths reported 180 mm, in reality only 160 mm) intend to mislead and entice . Methods not positive for Italian image.
I heard he makes most well regarded ties in Napoli, made from very ancient thirst, with many years on its shoulders.

You'll never end learning, also in clothing matter. I had already met the word "madder", but was not really aware of what it is. I'm not fond of printed silk, as I always prefer jacquard (woven patterns), or solid wild silk (Tussah or Shantung), or grenadine (garza in Italian), though very interesting story.

Here a brief explanation: https://www.bensilver.com/gbb-ancientmadder.dlp

Madder_ties.jpg

I love madder silk and have a number of madder ties, some older and some newer. I really like the soft, slightly "rubbery" hand of the silk. Plus, the richness of the colours and patterns is lovely.

You'll never end learning, also in clothing matter. I had already met the word "madder", but was not really aware of what it is. I'm not fond of printed silk, as I always prefer jacquard (woven patterns), or solid wild silk (Tussah or Shantung), or grenadine (garza in Italian), though very interesting story.

Here a brief explanation: https://www.bensilver.com/gbb-ancientmadder.dlp

View attachment 38071
Purchased a few madder ties over the last couple of years. I see them as a bit winter tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom