I'm not sure that I follow. Raro is supposedly using the shop, maybe services, of Pirrozzi?

Cerutti is not exclusive in getting tailoring by Mesella Dembech?
http://muselladembech.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/clean-lines-in-blue-gabardine-db/

A brief look at the Mararo.it press page reveals some connection with Frank Gallucci as well.
66de6b26-190a-448e-8234-cd775a6344c3.jpg

tumblr_ne607cJB161s7ue1yo1_500.jpg

File photo of Mr. Gallucci, courtesy of prince nez

Pretending to be his own tailor or selling clothes made by Pirrozzi to others as his own?

I fail to get this wannabe tailor syndrome. I thought the designer was the lucrative and prestigious job and the tailor was, no matter how posh and personable, the customer service spokesman of assembly or something even less glamorous.

Also, why the need to pretend to make your own items? Well, obviously to hide the markup factor, but this is largely Veblen anyway. Have the manufacturer contractually agree to exclusivity on certain design features* and call it a day. Be evasive about who "your shop" is, but don't lie because you'll get caught.

*The example that comes to mind is Brooks Brothers shirts by Garland Shirt Company. They are not allowed to do the Brooks button-down collar for anyone else [hence the smart igent has learned that they can order from Ratio (same factory) with longer collar points...)]

I fail to get this wannabe tailor syndrome. I thought the designer was the lucrative and prestigious job and the tailor was, no matter how posh and personable, the customer service spokesman of assembly or something even less glamorous.

Also, why the need to pretend to make your own items? Well, obviously to hide the markup factor, but this is largely Veblen anyway. Have the manufacturer contractually agree to exclusivity on certain design features* and call it a day. Be evasive about who "your shop" is, but don't lie because you'll get caught.

*The example that comes to mind is Brooks Brothers shirts by Garland Shirt Company. They are not allowed to do the Brooks button-down collar for anyone else [hence the smart igent has learned that they can order from Ratio (same factory) with longer collar points...)]

The illusion of being a craftsman; something special, like Gianni. Pictures of one in suit or if working really hard shirtsleeves, needle & thread, shears.

I'd rather be the brains than the labor myself. To me, you can be the toiling workman or the foppish well-dressed bon vivant designer but in reality one will never, ever, be both.

Also, it's a bit like the riddle of the town with two barbers. If the tailor is wearing splendidly fitted clothing, you're left assuming that you should be a customer of whomever is fitting his clothes (which is almost certainly not himself).

Let's keep away from the personal attacks fellas. No need for that bullshit.

no personal attack from my side. I just feel that these kind of threads are useless and disgusting. ymmv. nvm.

do they add to the value of the forum? imo, not at all.

I never heard of the guy, and some of his stuff is interesting (in a good way). I am always leery of these one-man start-up luxury lines.

The "about" page of the website is vagueley insightful.
Mararo is quintessentially an Italian brand,100% made in Italy ,created by Mr. Raro in 2013 after extensive and meticulous research and study which led to the development of Mararo's unique style.
All the articles in the collections are strictly handmade down to the smallest detail and are manufactured by artisan craftsmen who are masters in their field.

I can't shake the feeling that this is a somewhat industrious and stylish fellow of some means that wants fame and glamor and is buying his way into it instead and doing marketing and publicity instead of slowly building a reputation by toiling away in obscurity for a few years.

I only see tackys and degenerates on the pics.

I do not know that asshole, as well as is totally unkown on the Alta Sartoria Neapolitan circles.
I am sure he can be found on the Italian ghey travel guide only.

All what i can say is that i have written his name on my VIP LIST book, for the day we do the March in Rome with black shirts( again )

I'm not sure that I follow. Raro is supposedly using the shop, maybe services, of Pirrozzi?

Cerutti is not exclusive in getting tailoring by Mesella Dembech?
http://muselladembech.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/clean-lines-in-blue-gabardine-db/

A brief look at the Mararo.it press page reveals some connection with Frank Gallucci as well.
66de6b26-190a-448e-8234-cd775a6344c3.jpg

tumblr_ne607cJB161s7ue1yo1_500.jpg

File photo of Mr. Gallucci, courtesy of prince nez

The check jacket is ( sadly you know i only say the TRUTH) is very well made and has a top fit, in fact that is the style i am developing as high tailor student. See a super light, top fitted with no padding on the shoulders and very light on the chest, a bit more than a shirt jacket giacca camicia but yet to be dressy and usable for real dressers as ministers, lawyers and real people not pitti idiots.

That style is totally different to the Madrid like square, flopppy, dated and overstructured of Pirozzi, perhaps the less ( and worst) Neapolitan one. I doubt is made by Pirozzi.

Sadly this undresser is parodying the style with his ridiculous and pretentious mix but the jacket is top ( well, the pattern matching is poor, see the shoulder check does not matches the sleeve, but i guess is not implemented to make same cash to this ignorant and do the jacket fastly. I am sure this tacky could not pay more than 500e to the tailor.

Note how this bloggers are all HISTRIONIC disordereds and commission awlays weird and dated features to show off " how much they know about tailoring", as the 1 buttonhole sleeve, the frontal 2 buttonhole " martingala" like passant on the brown coat and similar cartoonish features.

this are GUILTY and must been executed at damn.

Peloton;

APUNTEEEEN

FUEGOOOOOOOO!

I hate agreeing with Sarto but the checked jacket is lovely, but I also agree with gusfad, his write up is full of smoke and after reading it a couple of times you still dont know whether is a tailor or not. It is the picture stitching that irks me

Sarto no joke, If you are really able to make such jacket you have a potential customer on me.

I think that the reason that people style themselves as tailors/craftsmen, such as Gianni Cerrutti and perhaps this chap, is because a lot of men who frequent places like SF like to think that they're interested in authenticity. They like to think that they're getting something with history, something that's a bit special, a bit unique, and that they, just a few of them, have sought out someone who's relatively unknown.

That's why people like Cerrutti go to so much effort to spin tales about how they seek out rare, vintage silks in little warehouses and that they then make them up in a one-piece, seven-fold style that was lost to all but the very few for decades. That gives customers the feeling that they're getting something really special, and not coincidentally, it allows people like Cerrutti to charge a shed-load more than he'd otherwise be able to do so if he hadn't spun a golden back-story out of straw.

This Mr Raro appears to be similar. He doesn't want people to think of him as a designer, but instead as a craftsman, someone who works with cloth to meticulously tailor a garment specifically for you. These people make advertisements out of themselves - they turn themselves into walking billboards and dress flamboyantly so as to attract attention and get their pictures liked and linked on websites like Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram and so on. The more exposure, the more people praise their style and think that it's a product of their own hands, the more potential customers they attract.

It is true that raro has no presence in the igent world of SF, AAAC and the hat forum. So maybe he doesn't interest you guys. But he is HUGE in the world of #menswear of instigram, tumblr, pitti photos etc. He has something like 100 thousand followers on Instagram and a store in Milan, an an

OK so no igents have been ripped off, but others are being fooled and I thought this forum was about exposing such deceptive practices in menswear. Or are you only interested when SF members are getting robbed?
I think it was your lack of initial background that three people off the scent. For instance, I had never heard of this guy, but if I had known he had 100k Instagram followers and was huge on the Internet, I definitely would have been more intrigued. We only knew Gianni from SF, but that was an immediate and visceral connection.

Did you really need a new screen name for this?
I thought it added intrigue.

Having actually done a web search on the guy, after being alerted of his presence here, it became quite clear that this was indeed a Gianni-style publicity blitz, where a dinky one-man show is sub-contracting but ubiquitous on the internets.

Having actually done a web search on the guy, after being alerted of his presence here, it became quite clear that this was indeed a Gianni-style publicity blitz, where a dinky one-man show is sub-contracting but ubiquitous on the internets.

The horror.

:pokerface:

I vote death penalty.

Man what in the fuck is wrong with these guys. Fucking faggots should be beaten to death or sent to detroit. Some people really have some self stem issues.

Why did you change the thread title? What the fuck does Exposed refer to?

There were alot of people who saw no merit in the thread :

I just feel that these kind of threads are useless and disgusting. do they add to the value of the forum? imo, not at all.

Nobody cares.

His clothing may be overpriced and tacky, but I fail to see the expose that this thread promised. This could have been written on any of a huge number of fashion brands with much more justification. All I see is a jelly op.

I therefore removed all of my references to the exposed party including removing his fake name from the thread title. Or perhaps it was me who was exposed, so I just left left that part of the title. i liked that it was vague.

Perhaps changing the title again to "Clothing tackies EXPOSED!!!", without naming anyone specific, might make the topic slightly more obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom