Fall of Afghanistan

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
I'm sure Pimp will respond with some treatise from the Spectator in carpet bombing the Muslim areas of Paris to show British resolve
if we kill all of them then no one will be left to throw gays off roofs!

formby002

lol

yes i thought formby002 formby002 and Kingstonian Kingstonian and Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith might get a kick out of that one
I've read this author, it's an interesting article.

However, given the tenor of his critique of Liberalism, I was surprised there was no mention of Isaiah Berlin's concept of Positive/Negative Liberalism. Given that Berlin was something of a bete-noire for Marxists that may explain it.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
This is the shit the ANA just handed over to thebTally:

FDBF7BA3-FA1A-4659-A5B7-5ADEB20D46AA.jpeg

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
This is the shit the ANA just handed over to thebTally:

View attachment 40972

Well I guess we've gone from a bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank to a bunch of fig eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in an MRAP.

formby002

Well I guess we've gone from a bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank to a bunch of fig eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in an MRAP.
Yes but the Russians/Chinese who come to inspect won't.

Pimpernel Smith

I'm sure Pimp will respond with some treatise from the Spectator in carpet bombing the Muslim areas of Paris to show British resolve
Not sure about the intervention of Tony Blair, his wickedness puts him on par with Aleister Crowley as the most hated man in England.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter

Fwiffo

Supporter
taliban-kabul-gty-rc-210825_1629924467525_hpEmbed_3x2_608.jpg

Is it me or do the Taliban no longer run around in pyjamas with rusty AK rifles and machine guns? That looks like body armour and M4(?) rifles

Jan Libourel

Well, all that war materiel should make the Chicoms somewhat leery of getting too pushy with the "new" Afghanistan!

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
How much of that air fleet will fall into disrepair due to lack of service do you think?

I assume they will keep the arms and vehicles running for decades to come.

Yeh, I’m sure the pilots, mechanics and ground crew are long gone by now. They will probably sell it all off or give it away to allied Islamist groups in the region. That shit will be turning up in conflict zones for years to come.

The Ernesto

Yeh, I’m sure the pilots, mechanics and ground crew are long gone by now. They will probably sell it all off or give it away to allied Islamist groups in the region. That shit will be turning up in conflict zones for years to come.

Would something like a blackhawk need software upgrades fairly regularly? I have no idea about any of this shit but it fascinates me.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Would something like a blackhawk need software upgrades fairly regularly? I have no idea about any of this shit but it fascinates me.
They apparently managed to get one Blackhawk into then air today (“Taliban Air Force”), though someone was telling me recently that a lot of the Afghan Air Force loaded up their families and flew to Uzbekistan when the government fell. What they didn’t fly off in, they tried to disable. But even if that’s partially true, they still score a whole lot of loot.

The Blackhawks and C130s might be hard to keep flying, but I’d imagine they will be able to use the Russian helicopters and the light aircraft for a while before needing parts.

Pimpernel Smith

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
I do get quite the chuckle out of all the Afghanistan experts that have popped out of the woodwork last week

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
If this is a dig at my link, I think you'll find that Lindley-French is actually an expert.

No, it was related to upthread.

But basically every paragraph in that post you linked is, to use scientific terms, fucking retarded. If someone actually types out the sentence "After what has happened not even America’s closest allies will any longer be sure Washington has the political capacity or strategic patience to stay the course of any prolonged campaign" referring to literally the longest war America has ever prosecuted, which took place in a stone age landscape all the way around the world and ceased to have any material impact on America's interests about 10 years ago, then their critical faculty is so malformed that they cease to be relevant in any way. The only other explanation, which happens to be THE explanation, is Lindley French is an aggrieved stake holder in the forever war. He is part of the cabal that profits from ongoing conflict.

That entire post is utter self serving tripe.

formby002

No, it was related to upthread.

But basically every paragraph in that post you linked is, to use scientific terms, fucking retarded. If someone actually types out the sentence "After what has happened not even America’s closest allies will any longer be sure Washington has the political capacity or strategic patience to stay the course of any prolonged campaign" referring to literally the longest war America has ever prosecuted, which took place in a stone age landscape all the way around the world and ceased to have any material impact on America's interests about 10 years ago, then their critical faculty is so malformed that they cease to be relevant in any way. The only other explanation, which happens to be THE explanation, is Lindley French is an aggrieved stake holder in the forever war. He is part of the cabal that profits from ongoing conflict.

That entire post is utter self serving tripe.
Right.

You've convinced me...

...convinced me that you haven't read and/or understood the article.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Right.

You've convinced me...

...convinced me that you haven't read and/or understood the article.

It's a blog post, not an article, and it's specifically designed to play to upper middle sensibilities, and has worked perfectly on you.

There are about a dozen people tops you will dig up with a Google search that have a better understanding of the Afghan state of being than me. Lindley-French knows plenty, but what is written there is utterly self serving horseshit and you do not have the requisite knowledge to know any different.

This reminds me of last week when someone said the would like to know more about Afghanistan, and I said well I'm happy to lend you the best reading material I've come across over the last 30 years, and the response was "oh I don't care that much".

Like I said, I chuckle at the Afghanistan experts that have popped out of the woodwork this week. If you want to have a conversation, show me what you know, not your ability to link articles that you think support your half conceived notions.

formby002

It's a blog post, not an article, and it's specifically designed to play to upper middle sensibilities, and has worked perfectly on you.

There are about a dozen people tops you will dig up with a Google search that have a better understanding of the Afghan state of being than me. Lindley-French knows plenty, but what is written there is utterly self serving horseshit and you do not have the requisite knowledge to know any different.

This reminds me of last week when someone said the would like to know more about Afghanistan, and I said well I'm happy to lend you the best reading material I've come across over the last 30 years, and the response was "oh I don't care that much".

Like I said, I chuckle at the Afghanistan experts that have popped out of the woodwork this week. If you want to have a conversation, show me what you know, not your ability to link articles that you think support your half conceived notions.
1630450877342.png

formby002

As I assumed.
'[...]There are about a dozen people tops you will dig up with a Google search that [has] a better understanding of the Afghan state of being than me[...]'

I'm sure there are academics, in history/middle eastern studies faculties around the world who would be crying if they read this. Crying laughing that is...

Bizarre claim...

formby002

You are more than welcome to try and refute it.

Meanwhile.

Others will be the judge of your self-proclamation to be one of the world's leading experts on Afghanistan. In the top 13 actually. I can just see them ringing you up. Prof. Dr. Doghouse, what's your take on the Siege of Kandahar, (to which your opening response should be: Which one?)

Top Bottom