Famous People Who Died

I looked it up and supposedly this was a #1 hit in the Nixon era. For some reason I thought this was jazz, which hasn't been relevant for several generations. I strike my comment on the faith of wikipedia's claim.

Not sure where else to put this but damn.

There's a fabled quote from Clapton when he was once asked how it felt to be the world's best guitarist. He replied, "I don't know. Ask Prince."

Open the goddamn vault, already.

My father still calls him Cassius Clay from time to time. He was around from Frazier to Foreman over multiple eras. One of the iconic photographs in the 1960s when he beat Liston. As my father said, explosive, brash and arrogant but like a 100m sprinter you had to be in that sport.

For a heavyweight, exceedingly quick feet in his early career. I always enjoyed watching those fights on Youtube.

For me yes. Look at Cassius Clay in the black and white fights before 1965. He is always dancing around his opponent in a 360 degree circle. Somehow he is able to dodge any of his opponent's overreached punches and he uses his lengthy reach to land punches. He had a feet shuffle earlier on too.

I didn't see that in the fights a decade later. Specially by foreman. He still had a combo and knew how to score but that was it.

But to me - greatest of all time for sure. He started against some boxers who retired and ended up challenging and winning the title against much younger ones.

All that I know
Classic-Simpsons-fans-can-appreciate-this-feature-of-the-dashing-Gordie-Howe-Imgur.png

Anton Yelchin. You don't know who that is maybe. Shame. Young (27) Russian/American actor whom I first saw in Alpha Dog and Fierce People. Two very fine films. And a very good kid. His Jeep rolled down his driveway and pinned him against a brick mailbox. Faulty Cherokee shift shit, others have been hurt too, folks are suing, my brother has a 2016, I've emailed him.

One of the last babies born in USSR.

Honestly I first noticed him in Terminator.

Anton Yelchin. You don't know who that is maybe. Shame. Young (27) Russian/American actor whom I first saw in Alpha Dog and Fierce People. Two very fine films. And a very good kid. His Jeep rolled down his driveway and pinned him against a brick mailbox. Faulty Cherokee shift shit, others have been hurt too, folks are suing, my brother has a 2016, I've emailed him.
From what I've read, it's just a terribly unintuitive shifter, albeit one with two visible indicators. One assumes the parking brake would have worked, had he used it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom