Famous People Who Died

Rodney Bewes most famous as The Likely Lads character Bob Ferris who had one of the finest or worse, depending on your point of view, early 1970s wardrobes. All kipper ties and shirts made out of nylon and curtain materials. Happy days.

Bolam carried a grudge against Rodney Bewes. Kept ‘Likely Lads’ repeats off the telly and this affected his income. Bolam had plenty of other work so not bothered.

Keeler had a rough time over the Profumo affair.

The establishment, protecting one of their own, tried to destroy her, they certainly destroyed Ward.

I arrived in England just after the scandal broke. Christine Keeler--a name I hadn't thought of in many a long year. I just saw a photo of her when she was 71. She had not aged well, to say the least. Mandy Rice-Davies, on the other hand, looked pretty good for an old broad in a photo taken of her when she was 68.

I arrived in England just after the scandal broke. Christine Keeler--a name I hadn't thought of in many a long year. I just saw a photo of her when she was 71. She had not aged well, to say the least. Mandy Rice-Davies, on the other hand, looked pretty good for an old broad in a photo taken of her when she was 68.

Mandy Rice-Davies did look good for her age, but she also pegged it a few years ago, so it didn't do her much good. So many factors with women: babying them up, the change of life, smoking, lifestyle etc. Just look at the state of Linda Evangelista now.

Mandy Rice-Davies did look good for her age, but she also pegged it a few years ago, so it didn't do her much good. So many factors with women: babying them up, the change of life, smoking, lifestyle etc. Just look at the state of Linda Evangelista now.
Yes compared to how well men look at that age.

Most men look like shit by age 25.

Give me a fucking break.

Keith Chegwin. He was only 60. Been ill a long time. Lungs. I liked his appearance on Ricky Gervais ‘extras’. It enabled Gervais to write rude things about the bbc. Quickly taken off YouTube. Only bits left are cheggers and Gervais corpsing not the rude stuff about the Beeb.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x75fh8

Episode 1Edit

Keith Chegwin: Back again! 14 years I did here at the BBC. Swap Shop. Cheggers plays pop, all sorts. Still run by Jews and Queers, is it?
Andy: Its, what!?
Keith Chegwin: This place, still run by your Jews and queers?
Andy: I think there are a some Jewish people, and some gay people, yeah.
Keith Chegwin:[sarcastically] 'Gay!' Yeah I forgot, not meant to say queer are you?Suggests something abnormal. What could be more normal than shoving your cock up a blokes arse? Now put it this way; If god had wanted a cock up an arse, he wouldn't have given us minges. Men have knobs. Women have fannies. Pop knob in fanny. Not up the arse.
Andy: Good, I should be making notes.
Keith Chegwin: What?
Andy: Nothing. It's all good advice.

Last edited:
Mayle tapped into that very British idea that the other man’s grass is always greener.

Relocate, or move house, and all your problems will be solved.

Unfortunately real life is not like that but it shifts books and generates lots of Tv programmes.

Peter Wyngarde.

Jason King was the coolest, hippest detective

IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG

Mayle tapped into that very British idea that the other man’s grass is always greener.

Relocate, or move house, and all your problems will be solved.

Unfortunately real life is not like that but it shifts books and generates lots of Tv programmes.

He recognized that instinct and for most people it was an adult fairy tale, but it helped at that time you could pick-up a chateau for the cost of a Birkenhead terrace house. Lots of Brits relocated or bought holiday homes and parts of France are really idyllic, but people forget large a country it is and how much effort if you're driving it will take to get there.

Then if you choose to work there, the bullying French management style.

This thread has been taken over by English rock and roll ass holes I've never heard of. Call me when Kirk Douglas kicks. Or even sits up.

Ursula K Le Guin, author of the Earthsea Trilogy, the Left Hand of Darkness and other excellent, thought-provoking fantasy and science fiction works.

I had no clue period. Who is/was this? Don't make me Google all these corpses. There should be a separate thread for People Who Died That We Don't Give A Fuck About.

He was a film maker who made extreme skiing and snowboard movies for 50+ years.

^His death got a fair amount of coverage in the local press, understandably. I had hitherto been oblivious to his existence.

I had no clue period. Who is/was this? Don't make me Google all these corpses. There should be a separate thread for People Who Died That We Don't Give A Fuck About.

You mean that YOU don't give a fuck about

Last edited:
Terry Lee Evans August 14, 1937 – January 20, 2018- was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi, United States, and sang in his local church choir.

His parents were keen for him to concentrate purely on gospel music, although Evans found exposure to the work of mainstream blues musicians. He worked semi professionally with an a cappella group called the Knights before relocating in the 1960s to Los Angeles. He expanded his repertoire by learning to play the guitar and started to write songs for other musicians.

Amongst those who recorded his songs were Pops Staples ("Love Is a Precious Thing") and Louis Jordan ("Hop, Skip, and Jump"). Unable to find his own fame, despite television exposure, Evans teamed with fellow soul and gospel singer, Bobby King. They performed regularly on the chitlin' circuit throughout the 1970s, although Evans also worked as a backing vocalist for Ry Cooder. His backup work appeared on several of Cooder's albums down the years, including Chicken Skin Music (1976) and My Name Is Buddy(2007).[2] Evans joint work with King saw the release of two albums in 1988 and 1990.

He gained a bigger audience through his involvement in the soundtrack to the 1986 film, Crossroads. Evans voice appeared on the title track in the film itself, and on the soundtrack on another song, "Down in Mississippi".[5] Evans later worked with Lloyd Jones' on the latter's album, Trouble Monkey, before recording his first solo album, Blues for Thought (1994).[2] It was produced by Ry Cooder, who also played guitar on the recording. Evans sang backing vocals on the Dutch singer and guitarist Hans Theessink's 1997 album, Journey On. Evans 2001 album, Mississippi Magic was nominated for a Blues Music Award as the "Best Soul Blues Album of the Year".[5] On Evans 2005 album, Fire in the Feeling, David Lindley guest starred playing guitar on a couple of the tracks.

Evans' last recording was his joint effort with Theessink, on Delta Time (2012). CBC News journalist, Bianca Cervantes, opined that "Delta Time is the latest transatlantic blues treasure."

In 2014 Evans was featured on the compilation Songs from a Stolen Spring. On the album Evans' performance of "Dancing in the Street" was meshed with Lebanese singer-songwriter Tania Saleh's "Not a Word was Spoken".

Billy Graham 99 years old. Came to Britain in 1950s when Christianity still prevalent.

Pal of Richard Nixon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRg7xvWyYog

I always thought Nixon and Carter - Republican and Democrat were some of the last presidents not entirely owned by donors/lobbies.

Billy Graham was Protestant of course so I would not have much in common with his views. From the days when ‘We are Catholic’ was enough to see off pesky Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses who rang on your doorbell. Fire and brimstone times - before Vatican 11 and liberation theology.

I should really write in to object to the BBC World Service feem toon, but I can’t be bothered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWs7AL8KPAY

Billy Graham 99 years old. Came to Britain in 1950s when Christianity still prevalent.

Pal of Richard Nixon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRg7xvWyYog

I always thought Nixon and Carter - Republican and Democrat were some of the last presidents not entirely owned by donors/lobbies.

Billy Graham was Protestant of course so I would not have much in common with his views. From the days when ‘We are Catholic’ was enough to see off pesky Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses who rang on your doorbell. Fire and brimstone times - before Vatican 11 and liberation theology.

I should really write in to object to the BBC World Service feem toon, but I can’t be bothered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWs7AL8KPAY

I thought he was already dead until I read the news this morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom