Game of Thrones

HAHAHAHAHA

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/best-tumblr-reactions-to-game-of-thrones-red-wedding
enhanced-buzz-23085-1370271601-41.jpg

True. I've been wondering if they're going to deviate from the storyline when they get to the 4th book so she'll be in that season? Considering how popular her character is.

Its a good question. I figure they'll throw her in there traveling with the army for a bit every few shows. Show the dragons growing up. Etc.

Someone refresh my memory - did Sam and Bran meet in the book? And did Ygritte shoot Jon? And did a crowd of slaves carry Danerys? Something in the back of my mind says no for some reason.

Gotta admit, that was a complete letdown. No storyline progression. No nothing really. The Arya killing was handled poorly. Asha sailing out? No Coldhands or Lady Stoneheart? Lame.

What happened to the girl that was traveling with Bran Stark boy? Did I miss something?

It was a bit of a letdown.

LS comes way later in the book.

Ygritte shoots him in the leg. Once I believe when he flees the first time.

Bran and Sam meet in the same fashion.

Don't remember the Danny story in Yunkai.

I don't think Dany was in there.

WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY READ UP THROUGH BOOK 5:

http://io9.com/how-much-of-the-books-will-we-see-next-year-on-game-of-512639504?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=afternoon

Some super fan re-cut all the existing shitty HBO trailers where you can't tell anything and made one awesome trailer set to Lorde's cover of Tears for Fears. Its fucking great:

I'll remind everyone that this thread is for show discussion. If you haven't seen the episode yet, don't read the fucking thread. This isn't SF and you're not a bunch of whining fucks.

I didn't expect more than a slower episode to get everyone back in the groove.

I can't be bothered to go back and read the thread, so how many have read the books?

I've read the books. Excellent public transportation reading. e-Book too, so I didn't need to worry about people seeing me read a book with dragons on the cover.

Read all 5. Word came from Maise Williams (Arya) that this season deviates from the book a bit. Don't know if that's a red herring or not though.

I've read the books. Excellent public transportation reading. e-Book too, so I didn't need to worry about people seeing me read a book with dragons on the cover.

Yeah, I got the 5 book bundle on my Kindle a few years back. Kept me tied up for about a month and a half.

Read all 5. Word came from Maise Williams (Arya) that this season deviates from the book a bit. Don't know if that's a red herring or not though.

Just watching the show it seems as the are steadily getting less and less faithful. I'm not sure if it's to accelerate some story lines to keep characters involved or what, but some seem pointless. Oberyn and Tyrion should have met on the ride in according to the book, he still could have gone to the whore house, I don't know why they made that change.

Just watching the show it seems as the are steadily getting less and less faithful. I'm not sure if it's to accelerate some story lines to keep characters involved or what, but some seem pointless. Oberyn and Tyrion should have met on the ride in according to the book, he still could have gone to the whore house, I don't know why they made that change.
Setup the sexy storyline and a bit of exposition, I assume.

Tyrion and Oberyn group sex? Hmm.....

Also, the casting on the show is remarkable. And I trust the shows writers to deviate; perhaps they'll do a better job than Martin, who increasingly has no idea what he's doing. I think he might not even know where he is. I believe he measures distance to the nearest sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom