Game of Thrones

Jon Snow is a Stargaryen and AFAIK Dani is his aunt (her older brother being his father). But then, the Targaryens favoured incest, so you could be right.
Saw a group photo of the GoT cast and could hardly believe how short Kit Harrington is in real live.

o-GAME-OF-THRONES-COMICCON-facebook.jpg
I miss Ygritte. Prob the hottest in GoT. Kit indeed seems shawt.

How did Bronn and Jamie get that far away from the battlefield wearing their armour in the water?
Also that war hammer is way too big and heavy to wield effectively in battle.

How did Bronn and Jamie get that far away from the battlefield wearing their armour in the water?
Also that war hammer is way too big and heavy to wield effectively in battle.

GoT is fantasy-light (hence its popularity), but it's still fantasy, didn't you see the dragons? War hammers and axes are a classic fantasy trope. You shouldn't be watching fantasy if you say such things as hammers not being practical. It's irrelevant.

GoT is fantasy-light (hence its popularity), but it's still fantasy, didn't you see the dragons? War hammers and axes are a classic fantasy trope. You shouldn't be watching fantasy if you say such things as hammers not being practical. It's irrelevant.

I am aware it's fantasy, but one thing George RR Martin brags on about is that his story is not the Disney version of a medieval society.
The characters aren't mythical creatures with super strength and even the dragons are vulnerable.
So if a normal dude (not a dwarf) carries around a war hammer he can barely lift it doesn't make any sense. If this weapon was used by the Mountain it would be a different story.

I am aware it's fantasy, but one thing George RR Martin brags on about is that his story is not the Disney version of a medieval society.
The characters aren't mythical creatures with super strength and even the dragons are vulnerable.
So if a normal dude (not a dwarf) carries around a war hammer he can barely lift it doesn't make any sense. If this weapon was used by the Mountain it would be a different story.

Martin is full of shit. Game of thrones became popular because it started out light on the fantasy and slowly introduced more fantastic elements. Lots of violence, nudity and scheming, and the lack of plot armor (which has come back with a vengeance as nearly all the stark kids are still alive and Jaime can't die anymore, ultimately making the show boring) helped too.

Realism was never the goal, he just tricked you into thinking that by very slowly introducing fantasay. We've reached the full on fantasy stage, with dragons, fortune tellers, mysterious gods and evil undead enemies. War hammers should be least of your concern if you like realism so much.

anyone watch the leaked episode 6? i'm wondering how they're going to wrap this whole thing up in one episode? these short seasons seem really really rushed to me.

anyone watch the leaked episode 6? i'm wondering how they're going to wrap this whole thing up in one episode? these short seasons seem really really rushed to me.

Yes. Was a pretty dense one. Still the time lapse thing again in the beyond the wall story. Plus: How fast/ long can a raven/ dragon fly in one go?
The plot of the final season 7 episode is available. Also think the last episode is going to be a bit longer.

Realism was never the goal, he just tricked you into thinking that by very slowly introducing fantasay. We've reached the full on fantasy stage, with dragons, fortune tellers, mysterious gods and evil undead enemies. War hammers should be least of your concern if you like realism so much.

Why not go to the real thing: The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings?

It actually sounds quite awful to my delicate sensibilities.

Game of thrones is pretty much a LOTR/ Hobbit rip-off. Except for the graphic violence and sex scenes and the frozen zombies, which usually don't appear in children's books.
However, when you have mortal, human characters running around with weapons that are way too big for them to handle it looks stupid.
The same stupid like the hero of an action film falling/ jumping off a building and when landing do a little roll sideways and carry on as if that's normal.

yeah that made absolutely no sense. not to mention they're flying half way across the continent in what, 10 minutes each way?

Not to mention that a raven may not even find Dragonstone. And why would Eastwatch have a raven at hand from Dragonstone (assuming that they work like pigeons)?
But then it's a stupid TV show based on books written by a fat guy with wild sex fantasies and a fable for incest and child abuse.

Geez you guys are boring. Why don't spend an hour a week watching google maps instead of game of thrones? Sounds like you'd enjoy that more.

one ice dragon, coming right up sir!

i like how the night king was looking like a triathelete there.

Hope they leak episode 7 early like they did with episode 6, which I was able to watch on Friday.

Somebody please kill Cersei! (Rave'n Jaime)

well we finally got it spelled out. yay...

am i the only one who was bothered at how fast the wall fell? seemed so anti-climactic.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I was wondering why they didn't use dragon glass to make arrow heads and take out the wight walkers or even the night king.
In the last episode Jorah killed the undead polar bear with a dragon glass dagger quite easily.

Yes it went all too fast, getting the wall down. Does not match it magic powers from the book. irrc undead can't pass it - a bit of Puff the magic dragon, and we all march down the kings road?
But other than that, it was a good episode.

Not unusual for the Targaryens. Usually it is brother - sister, to keep power in the family.

There are animated series about the history of the Got families on Youtube.
Strange though that Jon does have pitch black hair, since none of his parents had black hair. Or any other members of his parents' families.
At least Littlefinger got what he deserved. Seems he caused a lot of the misery in Westeros. Great scene when Sansa said his name while he expected Arya to be prosecuted. Good acting from all there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom