General fitness

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
I'm just starting this thread. I have decent genetics where I am blessed with a rapid metabolism and low cholesterol and blood pressure and all that. I park in ways that force me to walk a bit, and occasionally ride a bicycle a bit but I don't really exercise.
Exercise for the sake of exercise is just nothing I'd consider fun. That crossfit stuff looks ridiculous. Jogging and running is torture on my little lungs.
But other love this stuff or have a need for it. This thread is for you.

I go to the gym to eat more Pop Tarts, Pizza, Pinguinos and all that food that is demonized by some people. *Ahem* Clean eaters. *Ahem* I do wash my hands before I eat. And grow a bit I'm the meantime.

I go to the gym to eat more Pop Tarts, Pizza, Pinguinos and all that food that is demonized by some people. *Ahem* Clean eaters. *Ahem* I do wash my hands before I eat. And grow a bit I'm the meantime.
I'm not orthorexic, but I'm surprised toe see that you're going for the downmarket Pop Tarts that I grew up with. You seem more of a waffle or omelet type.

LOL!

Well... I've learned that IIFYM it's a trap. Because you still need to fill micro nutrients, like fiber and that can't be obtained or reached by Pop Tarts. Don't get me wrong, I still eat them but not like a box daily, maybe one per day.

What I do eat a lot is tortillas. Those have incredible amount of fiber and I'm used to eat them while some nutritionists satanize them because they are carbs!

What I do eat a lot is tortillas. Those have incredible amount of fiber and I'm used to eat them while some nutritionists satanize them because they are carbs!
White flour tortillas almost 0 fiber So, unless you're eating 100% whole wheat, someone fucking lied to you.

Last edited:
From the Mission website, it seems there is fiber but not an amazing amount.
mission_flour_burrito_8ct_73731-00419__overlayimg.jpg

A friend roped me into a charity walk this weekend. I think it's two and a half miles or something. I'm sure that I can walk that far but I'm wondering if I'll get a tad sore or something.

A friend roped me into a charity walk this weekend. I think it's two and a half miles or something. I'm sure that I can walk that far but I'm wondering if I'll get a tad sore or something.
Good lord man. 2.5 miles and you're worried about soreness? I think you should have posted this in the fatness thread.

No, no white flour. They are made of maiz, corn. 5g of fiber per tortilla.

Any advice on ways to reduce quads size. I don't even lift heavy during leg days, but any exercise I do (weightless lunges, light weight squats, etc), I put on size.

I am thinking about just lifting my upper half and on leg days just do cardio. Currently I am sporting a 26" thigh and I want to get them down to 23 to 24" ideally. Most online articles all suggest long distance running, but I don't get want to get bored. any other suggestions?

I play basketball occasionally. I want to maintain my frame and upper body. Currently the lower half is disproportionally larger compared with upper half.

Any advice on ways to reduce quads size. I don't even lift heavy during leg days, but any exercise I do (weightless lunges, light weight squats, etc), I put on size.

I am thinking about just lifting my upper half and on leg days just do cardio. Currently I am sporting a 26" thigh and I want to get them down to 23 to 24" ideally. Most online articles all suggest long distance running, but I don't get want to get bored. any other suggestions?

Why do you want to reduce your thighs, Pauly? I'm sitting at 24" and completely hate them, they look quite skinny. I'm 6'1 but I wish they were 26" or even 27". :challengefailed:

I was trying on my some pants last night and could barely fit into any. They just look odd now on my frame since my upper half has been slimming down. Trust me you do not want muscular 26" thighs. Becomes impossible to buy pentz.

I was trying on my some pants last night and could barely fit into any. They just look odd now on my frame since my upper half has been slimming down. Trust me you do not want muscular 26" thighs. Becomes impossible to buy pentz.

I already have this problem that's why I'm graceful I found out a tailor that makes good trousers!

Pauly Chase - shoot for 35-45 minutes of jogging/running w/ good pace on your cardio days and watch the legs go down. Don't lift them, and focus weight days on your upper body. It'll start to even out a bit.

Pauly Chase - shoot for 35-45 minutes of jogging/running w/ good pace on your cardio days and watch the legs go down. Don't lift them, and focus weight days on your upper body. It'll start to even out a bit.

How about walking on an inclined treadmill? Or elliptical with light or no resistance?

What's a good pace jog? 8 to 10 min mile?

I'll run 7:30-8:00 and it's been getting better.

Probably wouldn't incline, cause that'll build the quads.

I did some running today. My knees were killing me after a mile around the track. Might switch to elliptical from now.

I try to maintain just a single 30-35 minute regimen on the elliptical every week. Some weeks it's two 45 minute cardio days and then I end up on a bender on the weekend so it's more like exercise 2 of 3 weeks.

It's not enough, but I work in an office building and between 20-23 I walk the stairs. The clove cigarettes definitely don't help by the time I get to 23. I don't own a car so at minimum I walk 3km just for my commute and often 5km+ going out for lunch or dinner etc. In my flat, I skip the lift too but I'm only on 3. I won't take the subway for less than 4 stops.

It has been posited that my few pound weight gain, apparently all of it in my butt and upper thighs, may be from bicycle-riding form 10-30 minutes a day for the last several months. I'm skeptical of this.

Doing superset and lots of reps recently, but less weight. Cutting carbs out of diet, tyring to see if I can rock that 8 pack by summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom