Goodthreads Slim-fit Washed Stretch Chino - solid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

/u/jchrysostom

Edit: the image is not the product I’m reviewing, it grabbed an image of some J Crews I used to compare fit. Sorry.

Here’s the product: Amazon Brand - Goodthreads Men's Slim-Fit Washed Stretch Chino Pant

At $30 they’re not as frugal as some of the killer deals I see posted on this sub. With that being said, I think there’s value in a well-priced item you can just go buy without searching for a sale, and one with a huge size and color selection (more on this below).

Material quality:

The material feels great, it’s nice and substantial and not at all cheap or tacky. It has excellent stretch, and has some texture and depth, which cheap chino fabric often lacks. The fabric feels like what I would expect from an $80 pair of chinos from a big name brand.

Finish quality:

I got two pairs; the fit is consistent and the stitching quality appears to be good. No loose threads, buttons are all attached well, etc. They include a hidden closure very similar to what J Crew does on their chinos, and nice pockets that don’t bunch up.

Fit:

The fit is excellent for me, neither too roomy nor too snug in any particular place. Some of this is probably the excellent stretch mentioned above. The following link will give you a visual fit comparison to 1) J Crew 484 5-pocket pants and 2) J Crew 250 stretch chinos. All 3 are size 28W x 32L. I am 5’9” 144lbs, runner body type; I often struggle with pants which are too tight in the calves but fit well everywhere else.

The fit is as good as I have ever found in OTR clothing. As mentioned above, they are neither snug nor roomy, and they just feel great. Stretch helps a lot but the basic cut and fit are excellent.

Why you should consider these:

Availability, and quality vs. cost. There is a HUGE size range in both waist and inseam (28x34!!), and a very good selection of colors in all sizes. The quality and fit are comparable to what I expect from J Crew or PrAna, definitely a step above Gap, and you don’t have to wait for a sale or hope that your size is in stock in the color you want when the sale happens (it never is).

Opinions welcome.

submitted by /u/jchrysostom
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom