Hair

Bold move, hipster barber kid. Hahahahahah!
C679C983-5B71-4994-820A-176A3E03AF2E.jpeg

Where are your shaved zero sides and shaved in part. You should have told them not to trim the beard. Don't forget the plaid shirt with your sleeves rolled up so you can show some tattoos.

Didn't think much of my brother's GBP 7,900 hair transplant. In fact, he has to have another go at GBP 7,900.

That's the thing about hair transplants. You keep chasing until you don't have donor hair anymore. Ideally you pair it with finasteride so your loss slows and the transplants last longer.

That's the thing about hair transplants. You keep chasing until you don't have donor hair anymore. Ideally you pair it with finasteride so your loss slows and the transplants last longer.

Thanks, that's what I thought you would up doing, chasing donor areas.

Yes, he's been on that as well. It is a testosterone blocker or converter, not the stuff you should be taking, unless you're contemplating transition or have an enlarged prostrate.

Thanks, that's what I thought you would up doing, chasing donor areas.

Yes, he's been on that as well. It is a testosterone blocker or converter, not the stuff you should be taking, unless you're contemplating transition or have an enlarged prostrate.

It blocks DHT, the more potent testosterone hormone and that is what is shrinking the follicles outside of the donor regions. Eunuchs had hair. If only I could figure out how to get a blood test in my free medical system I would try it.

I’m going to get my first haircut in 12 months. I’m over being shaggy. Since I am going with a bit of length this time, it’s nice to feel I sorta of have options how I want it. Normally I go in with short hair and the only question is how tightly I want it trimmed.

I've also not gotten a haircut in 12 months. I sort of like my hair this long. I've gotten used to the hair obscuring my view as I do things that require motor skills in tight quarters so it'd be a shame to revert back to my shorter hair days.

I do however dislike how much more shampoo is required.

I’m going to get my first haircut in 12 months. I’m over being shaggy. Since I am going with a bit of length this time, it’s nice to feel I sorta of have options how I want it. Normally I go in with short hair and the only question is how tightly I want it trimmed.
Flat top?

Check out Ortahaus barbershop. On the pricier side, but free booze and complimentary cut within 2 weeks

I’ve been going to Bird’s on 20th since they opened. Always get a good local IPA and a decent cut, but my man has moved to Cutthroat down the street. Pricier but they also serve whiskey. Will try them out this once out of loyalty to my dude.

Last edited:
I recommend a haircut like this, it is a good style. I recommended this haiurstyle to my young niece (about 12), but she didn't like it.
Friar mink haircut.jpg

or this haircut if you are daring and love attention:
Combover haircut.jpg

or one of my favourites, Trump's haircut. Looks very smart/. Dropbear, you could look like Trump. :problemo:
Trump haircut 1.jpg

Emo barber kid doesn’t know who Daniel Craig is, so I had to say: no 2 back and sides, taper up to 1-1.5” on top with lots of texture and leave it a tad longer at the front. I would’ve thought it’s a pretty common style for middle aged guys with a receding hairline.

1CC9E5BB-8024-4C39-AB2A-570039381650.jpeg

Emo barber kid doesn’t know who Daniel Craig is, so I had to say: no 2 back and sides, taper up to 1-1.5” on top with lots of texture and leave it a tad longer at the front. I would’ve thought it’s a pretty common style for middle aged guys with a receding hairline.

View attachment 41933
looks like you just smushed your hair around a bit and put some gel in it.

Why don't you just develop relations with one barber?

Fwiffo Fwiffo I think you are our resident hair loss expert, aren’t you?

15 years ago my barber told me I have the same face shape , fine and receeding hairline as Daniel Craig, so I should emulate his cut.

Fast forward to today and I think that mf has more hair than before. Is the Regain or whatever it is you use, grafts or something else?
IMG_1073.jpeg

Fwiffo Fwiffo I think you are our resident hair loss expert, aren’t you?

15 years ago my barber told me I have the same face shape , fine and receeding hairline as Daniel Craig, so I should emulate his cut.

Fast forward to today and I think that mf has more hair than before. Is the Regain or whatever it is you use, grafts or something else?

Hair expert? I wouldn't say that. Maybe I'm obsessed about (losing) it like Berlusconi.

Doing quick Google searches his hair loss is from the temples so he looked like he was hitting between a Norwood 2 and 3.

Regain/Rogaine/minoxidil accelerates the hair growth cycle. It won't replace lost/dormant hair follicles in your temples. His hairline advanced through the years and looks like it was targeted to fill in the temples so I reckon it's a hair transplant like Gordon Ramsay. You can use finasteride but that affects your entire scalp and is more useful for diffuse hair loss (Rafael Nadal is the one that comes to mind). You'd have to be a pretty good responder to that drug to get bushy replenishment of just the temples. It's like taking advil hoping it will relieve the pain in your big toe.

Of course he could be doing everything + the transplant in the hopes that his hair loss stabilises for the remainder of this career.

Hair expert? I wouldn't say that. Maybe I'm obsessed about (losing) it like Berlusconi.

Doing quick Google searches his hair loss is from the temples so he looked like he was hitting between a Norwood 2 and 3.

Regain/Rogaine/minoxidil accelerates the hair growth cycle. It won't replace lost/dormant hair follicles in your temples. His hairline advanced through the years and looks like it was targeted to fill in the temples so I reckon it's a hair transplant like Gordon Ramsay. You can use finasteride but that affects your entire scalp and is more useful for diffuse hair loss (Rafael Nadal is the one that comes to mind). You'd have to be a pretty good responder to that drug to get bushy replenishment of just the temples. It's like taking advil hoping it will relieve the pain in your big toe.

Of course he could be doing everything + the transplant in the hopes that his hair loss stabilises for the remainder of this career.

If it’s a transplant, they did a good job - nothing ott and still a pretty natural hairline for his age. My old man got them done back in the 80s when they looked like big plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom