Hamilton Pocket Square - Etsy Store for Pocket Squares

I saw your link in the chat the other day and decided to buy one. I thought you make them in batches and then sell them? I was looking for a plain white one but ended up purchasing a coloured. I believe the white was in a pack of three.

Wow I would have never guessed you did this. Mind sharing what your philosophy is behind choosing these designs and fabrics? If I'm not mistaken, most squares are made from linen or silk, whereas you have many made of cotton.

I have only so much access to material and do not have the budget for the sort of material you'd find from Drakes, etc. I use what a find and try to source better versions of currently offer.

Last edited:
Oh right, linen. I will be judged by the igents.

Is that your photograph on the Etsy site? Or some random jockey?

As I mentioned in chat, I ran across his shop a while back while searching for wool PS. I think most of his wool ones are plaid, which is a bit limiting to practicality, but hey the prices are right.

Last edited:
You have already surpassed what's-his-disorder in pictures alone!

If I wish to see swatches will you mail me rat-nibbled ones? Be careful, this is a test!

Arnathor Arnathor what happened here?

• Reviewed by Sonya Carter on April 16, 2015

• CADPAT Camo Pocket Square
    Placed a custom order, and was relying on it for my own small business. While initially very pleasant and accommodating, it has been just shy of a month and I have yet to receive the order. I have also sent multiple messages since the order was placed with no response. I have had to go elsewhere to meet my own commitments - very disappointed.

Thought I had the yardage of what this lady wanted, but hadn't realized I'd cut the fabric up into squares already, then went looking for the fabric and hesitated to write her back until I finally sacked up and told the truth.

She got her money back.

Thought I had the yardage of what this lady wanted, but hadn't realized I'd cut the fabric up into squares already, then went looking for the fabric and hesitated to write her back until I finally sacked up and told the truth.

She got her money back.
Hopefully you learned your lesson about doing what needs to be done.

I'll be sewing some more tomorrow, I'll be adding some fabrics that haven't seen the light of day yet.

olo YOU SIT LIKE WOMAN WITH SEWING MACHINE???

I SEE THOSE PAIRED WITH UGLY TOO SHORT SUITS WITH GARISH PICK STTITCHING

olo YOU SIT LIKE WOMAN WITH SEWING MACHINE???
There's a lovely pic of him at his Bernina somewhere on the seller info area, but I don't think one can operate the foot control with their legs crossed.
Whenever I get around to getting a decent casual summer sport coat, that red madras would start to make sense. At the moment, it's not gonna go with tweed, checks, dark wool business suits, etc.
You have already surpassed what's-his-disorder in pictures alone!

PICTURE DELETED AT REQUEST OF DARK ROOM OF DISEASE MISFIT

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just finished sewing them, took photos quickly and have since snipped off the threads.

I am laughing loud in my BMW M4 that goes 0-60 in 3.7s

As my memory serves, most of the home-jobbers tend to use dupioni silk, as this is what the fabric store stock. Generally it's garish satin stuff in prom dress colors.
Anyway, I'm curious if you've ever dabbled with zig-zag or any other type of decorative stitch. I always figured that it would obscure any waviness of the line, and just add a bit of interest. I haven't had much luck doing it yet...

why not learn how to do a hand rolled edge? Or at least a machine stitch that duplicates this? The nice thing about a small artisnal business is that they have a volume that allows them to do things mass producers are not capable of. in my opinion its a lost opportunity. As for cotton, I have a beautiful white cotton square from Charvet and its one of my favorites, so i'm not opposed to the material in principle as LKP LKP is.

Last edited:
pocket squares except for white linen are for non serious dressers and pitti peacocks. sorry for the demounting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom