Hermes ties

Rushmore

Ratings
What is your view on Hermes ties?

Yes: not exactly "rare. Expensive. Ubiquitous. But still.

Do you prefer the classics? Orange with blue, red with grey? Funny animals? Or are you an adventurer, diving into their Heavy Twill and woven offerings? Or even 7cm?

Let us know.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
One of my colleagues sports exclusively Hermes ties, so I daren't wear them in case there's some clone zone vibe to us both wearing them. That's the problem with Hermes ties, they're too distinctively Hermes. I've a few geometric ties that could be mistaken for Hermes, but are not. I prefer their classic textured orange and more plain ones.

I like Drakes as well, but I went on the Drakes website yesterday and was a bit disappointed with the tie offerings. I assume more on the way this season. And if you're sporting a T&A collar, nothing beats a T&A tie.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Ratings
With Hermes, you're paying massive overheads for the brand name. Avoid like the plague.
Yes, but sometimes paying for Hermes is justified with certain things like the brilliant coloured high quality cashmere they have made which is unique, but probably not for ties imo unless you really like the designs.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
How open-minded and tolerant
what? what the fuck does not wanting little elephants with umbrellas, or whatever god awful design they are running now, have to do with open-mindedness and tolerance? are you attempting to say that because no one here would be interested in wearing any of the shitty looking Hermes designs that we are somehow anti-gay?

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
what? what the fuck does not wanting little elephants with umbrellas, or whatever god awful design they are running now, have to do with open-mindedness and tolerance? are you attempting to say that because no one here would be interested in wearing any of the shitty looking Hermes designs that we are somehow anti-gay?
Well, that's just about killed off this thread before it was getting started!

220px-CathedralOfTrier_Skeleton.jpg

I was looking forward to lots of photos of Hermes whimsy:

bf4d977eab6430c5cad3cd75cf349c81.jpg

98b77feb180ba541e4a6f9eb7e0f6702.jpg

HERMES-Blue-Red-Yellow--Green-Fruits--Florals-Print-Silk-Tie_46165A_600x.jpg

5851c69863c3d98cde9c9b762c33a35c.jpg

imagesYEX5O2DB.jpg

hawaiian-shirt-kennington-2.JPG

dreamspace

Ratings
I quite like the current ones, but they're pretty much a modern-yet-archaic status symbol. The only people that give two shits about H ties are upper-middle class professionals (Investment bankers, management consultants, lawyers, etc.) - and if anything, they're just articles people wear to "fit in".

As someone wrote: "Hermès ties are like Air Jordans for white people."

Untermensch

Ratings
I quite like the current ones, but they're pretty much a modern-yet-archaic status symbol. The only people that give two shits about H ties are upper-middle class professionals (Investment bankers, management consultants, lawyers, etc.) - and if anything, they're just articles people wear to "fit in".

As someone wrote: "Hermès ties are like Air Jordans for white people."
The Chinese are crazy for Hermès ties. That says it all.

Top Bottom