How long is your tie?

Sammy Ambrose

I just caught a bit of old news about Trump and Johnson meeting. Both were sitting and Bojo's tie, atypically for the UK's leader, was as inappropriately long as the guy who'll soon have a lot more time to hit little white balls into the bushes.

These daysI often find myself tying my tie twice in the morning so as not to look as eccentrc and as inelegant as joker Donald.

What about you? Has Trump's odd tie-wearing made you take more care?

Last edited:

belinmad

My tie is yuuuuuuge. My tie is bigger than your tie. My tie is the most biggest tie they have ever seen. The biggest. Bigly.

Pimpernel Smith

I just caught a bit of old news about Trump and Johnson meeting. Both were sitting and Bojo's tie, atypically for the UK's leader, was as inappropriately long as the guy who'll soon have a lot more time to hit little white balls into the bushes.

These daysI often find myself tying my tie twice in the morning so as not to look as eccentrc and as inelegant as joker Donald.

What about you? Has Trump's odd tie-wearing made you take more care?

The American president's seem always to wear their ties quite long. With Boris, as a man who wears a Pulsar watch, I'm pretty sure along with that and his albino hair, he pays it very little attention how long or short it is.

I like mine just touching the belt. Not a millimeter more or less.

Since the virus, I've worn a tie all of two times, both the same brown cashmere tie for an online audit and bid clarification meeting last month. I was thinking maybe it's time to get back to normal beginning of January. Or wait to the symbolic moment when vaccines start here 8-Jan-20.

I feel it's time to end the sans tie look.

Pimpernel Smith

Here we go, definitely time to get the ties out:

formby002

They think this only because they have boring taste in ties and, zero style.

IMHO, a stylish man should treat a tie as a stylish woman treats a scarf.

florisgreen

A tie as long as that of Mr Trump is hideous and distasteful. The rule says to the belt, but I prefer it somehow shorter. Moreover I dislike conemporary very slim items, my width would be rather 9,5/10cm.
I love these old ties, they have the right length and width:
shutterstock_editorial_783541oo.jpeg

Top Bottom