If you click on this thread you're going to see a carnivorous, vampire-fanged deer. Weird animals.

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Octopi and those sorts of creatures are so damn fascinating.

hossoso

Goes Missing More Often Than A Set Of Keys
Look at this fucking thing:

animals.io9.com/this-worm-is-truly-deeply-terrifying-1622516345

This Worm is Truly, Deeply Terrifying

Expand

This unsettling creature is called Eunice aphroditois, or colloquially the Bobbit worm. These critters can grow up to three meters long and have pincers capable of slicing its (sometimes larger) prey right in half. Also? It injects a toxin into its prey to make it easier to digest. Yum.

The worm keeps itself buried in the sand or gravel at the bottom of the sea, only allowing its five tiny antennae to stick up out of the silt. If something swims or crawls along that disturbs one of the antennae, the worm springs up out of the ground and grabs whatever passerby happened to be unlucky that day. They're found throughout the warmer parts of the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic Oceans.

Who needs Shark Week to be terrified? Just show us some aquatic predatory worms. This is the stuff of nightmares.
This is the precursor to the sandworms in Beetlejuice. Fuck nature, fuck animals (except for dogs [that's called bestiality, folks] .)

Jan Libourel

Octopi and those sorts of creatures are so damn fascinating.

This is an old post, but I should like to point out that "octopi" is an erroneous formation that rather sets my teeth on edge. It is based on the mistaken assumption that "octopus" is declined like a second-declension Latin noun. It actually is a third-declension Greek noun. Proper plurals can be "octopodes" (closest to the Greek), "octopods" or, simplest and least pretentious, "octopuses."

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
This is an old post, but I should like to point out that "octopi" is an erroneous formation that rather sets my teeth on edge. It is based on the mistaken assumption that "octopus" is declined like a second-declension Latin noun. It actually is a third-declension Greek noun. Proper plurals can be "octopodes" (closest to the Greek), "octopods" or, simplest and least pretentious, "octopuses."
I stand corrected.

Top Bottom