Igent Poses

Russell Street

King Of The Trolls
Supporter
There are at least two bizarre stances that I only see in the WAYWT photos.
The first I call the bellyache, and it consists of bending one arm and placing one's open palm on the abdomen.
The other is the zombie, where one stands at a modified form of attention with their arms slightly out from their body as if to vent the armpits.

What is this about? As best I can tell, this is ninnies trying to show cuff?

Lol. I am not sure about the modified Napoleon/belly thing. The Zombie or Robot pose as it has come to be known on SF must be an MC brain fart telling them to stand as still as possible so that all fabric is unencumbered so those looking in can better judge drape, shoulders, that the correct amount of cuff has been calculated and will show in that very pose.

If you do not strike the robot and go for something more natural guaranteed someone will point out a microscopic area of cloth bunching and suggest the jacket needs to be redone.

If you do not strike the robot and go for something more natural guaranteed someone will point out a microscopic area of cloth bunching and suggest the jacket needs to be redone.
Seems right, although there are clear cases where unnatural stances are trying to hide clearly poor fit.

With a bit of searching I was able to find both being done by the same guy.
Is he shaking hands with an invisible entity? Note natural hang of left arm.
y9u4e5aj

The zombie/frankenstein/robot pose. See how the arms do not hang straight down but are clearly lifting outward?
aga3e9ur

Yeah, I don't get why either pose is struck. Maybe in pose 1 he is showing us how high his pants are hiked up. Maybe the second one is tensed in fear awaiting responses.

I think he should be sitting on a bench

I like a good robopose occasionally. Tough to do right.

There is also the mid-buttoning pose. Not a huge fan; it ruins the picture, at least from head on.

Contrapposto is really the best pose.

Hand in a pocket (pants for normal person, jacket for a more iGenty look. I do both).

Holding shoes in hand (just me, but I did a lot like this until people accepted I owned shoes. I refuse to wear shoes in the house, especially just for a picture).

The Bathroom mirror. iPhone held in front of the face.

How about the stylish yet iGent "camera remote action" pose? Or, it's big brother, "camera remote stylish, yeah boi" pose?

How about the stylish yet iGent "camera remote action" pose? Or, it's big brother, "camera remote stylish, yeah boi" pose?

The camera remote ones are some of my faves.

Didn't Bob Dole use the remote-holding-hand action-thumb-on-top-of-fist gesticulating when speaking because of his gimped arm?

Ah, I forgot about the camera remote. The most honest of all the iGent poses.

A fairly well executed robopose:
348507b24a4a1473846e1712cfe074bb.jpg

Hand in pocket. I do this occasionally, but I'm not a huge fan. Unless the jacket is really long, it's impossible to stick my hand in my pocket comfortably without distorting the jacket a tremendous amount.
fcc2f23b0e8c57f891e1ca00d45d0d8f.jpg

Remote!
eccd3d9bd507437a8cdc78c29ea5abe0.jpg

Buttoning
b27a3daf6d0eff32d067e8db05146469.jpg

Last edited:

Absolutely. Things might have improved now that we have more "live action" Tumblr shots to look at, but before I gave up reading the WAYWRN thread on Styleforum, I remember being frustrated at the amount of nit-picking that went on if someone posted a pic of themselves or another person that was taken while they were walking or moving.

As you say, you could almost guarantee that a couple of posters would point out that the back of the jacket was wrinkling and that was evidence that it was too tight, or that their shoulder had divots (the photo was taken while they were lifting up or moving their arms). Then, when someone else would chime in to point out that in real life, cloth actually moved, they'd usually be pooh-poohed.

My favorite, so if I were to say "remember nostrils?", would anyone catch that reference?

Absolutely. Things might have improved now that we have more "live action" Tumblr shots to look at, but before I gave up reading the WAYWRN thread on Styleforum, I remember being frustrated at the amount of nit-picking that went on if someone posted a pic of themselves or another person that was taken while they were walking or moving.

As you say, you could almost guarantee that a couple of posters would point out that the back of the jacket was wrinkling and that was evidence that it was too tight, or that their shoulder had divots (the photo was taken while they were lifting up or moving their arms). Then, when someone else would chime in to point out that in real life, cloth actually moved, they'd usually be pooh-poohed.

Srsly. This.

It's face meltingly insane that iGents think standing in some idiotic faux repose look like the most self conscious fool gives any indication of whether or not you look good. I mean, If you stood like that in a bar, is some chick gonna be like "Oh, look at the hot coat hanger over there".

How you look as you do things is the only real measure.

The thing is that while cloth moves, pictures don't. So unless we want to encourage WAYWRN gifs, figuring out a good pose isn't the worst use of e-Time.

Though as I recall, there have been a few such gifs recently.

The thing is that while cloth moves, pictures don't. So unless we want to encourage WAYWRN gifs, figuring out a good pose isn't the worst use of e-Time.

Though as I recall, there have been a few such gifs recently.
Wait, people are making gifs of themselves wearing their clothing???

Also, how has Foo not monopolized the market on this?

That bent knee, the old model trick for minimizing apparent width of the waist, is very cleverly done in most of those. In the jeans one, it looks fey.
The hat over the eyes I can understand as one that likes their anonymity.
I hate the clumsy need to display the watch, even though I have done the same damned thing myself.

Zhirinovsky is right about smiling in this case. The camera angle look like it was shot from knee height. A big dumb grin is an especially poor choice when shown with hands in your lap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom