Improving DressedWell.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
FriendCustomer FriendCustomer giphy button is back. please give me your opinion on the questions i asked above when you get a chance. i don't use it often, or on mobile at all, so a perspective on that is helpful.

Registered so its been a week of the new theme. any thoughts on it? things you like? things you don't like? have you already switched back to the old theme, or the old dark theme?

Registered another question for you - does anyone use Patreon? would you find that easier to use for donations than doing it via paypal? we could tie into the Patreon platform here on the forum and setup a Patreon account offering some kind of donator bullshit.

Registered so its been a week of the new theme. any thoughts on it? things you like? things you don't like? have you already switched back to the old theme, or the old dark theme?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

g0g another question for you - does anyone use Patreon? would you find that easier to use for donations than doing it via paypal? we could tie into the Patreon platform here on the forum and setup a Patreon account offering some kind of donator bullshit.
i understand one of the sites major donors CesareRomiti has recently installed apple pay

I like Paypal. I use Paypal for most everything I don't want to set up yet another account with my credit card details for.

I love the green. As I stated before I find it relaxing
yes i remember. i was interested in more of your opinion on the functionality. on a design basis we can change the old theme to a green color, or add in a specific 'friendcustomer' version where its all green. at this point i'm more interested in whether or not people find it easier to use, more difficult to use, etc..
i understand one of the sites major donors CesareRomiti has recently installed apple pay
lets hope they don't block those dastardly ruskies as well.
I like Paypal. I use Paypal for most everything I don't want to set up yet another account with my credit card details for.
some people are very active on patreon and i know a few people reached out to me about it or setting up a content option on there.

can you keep “watched threads” and “new posts” showing while scrolling down?

View attachment 28373 View attachment 28372
this is annoying the shit out of me i've been on the dev's about this. apparently, with the way they've setup the menu, we can't do it like we can with the other theme. was actually talking to them about this today. they're a bit frustrating to deal with to be honest.

I actually like the colour on the new theme, it's the layout that looks somewhat "messed up" to my eyes
a green version of the old theme, maybe even with the blind dude in the logo, would be nice

The green is actually what ups DW’s theme game from brilliant to fap city. elevates an already masterful look to grail status.

Is it just me or is the DW search function out of action?? Makes my job of resurrecting old olo threads that much harder.

Is it just me or is the DW search function out of action?? Makes my job of resurrecting old olo threads that much harder.
No need to search - just look at latest posts - most of us are just repeating ourselves anyway.

What problems are you having with it?
Bascially got no results after typing “foo” into search for thread title. Is DT not searchable or is the search function just not sensitive enough to find something so small?

Bascially got no results after typing “foo” into search for thread title. Is DT not searchable or is the search function just not sensitive enough to find something so small?
Did you search in all forums? I changed the search options to threads and posts but it found dog’s thread on the first page.

changed the default theme back to the main forum them. really didn't receive much in the way of feedback on the other theme so its still available if you want to change it via the theme selector.

don't forget we have a dark version of this theme as well, for those who think the light background is too bright. looking at you LelandJ LelandJ

changed the default theme back to the main forum them. really didn't receive much in the way of feedback on the other theme so its still available if you want to change it via the theme selector.

don't forget we have a dark version of this theme as well, for those who think the light background is too bright. looking at you LelandJ LelandJ

Looks better now.

I dig the new one and am still using it

Update on the software upgrade - the donation addon was finally released but its got a few bugs in it, so it'll be just a bit longer. Hopefully in the next week there will be a new release. Everything else seems to be looking good and we've purchased a new reactions addon to add some more spice to the likes system. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress. It'll be a big change but I think everyone will be pretty happy with it after the small learning curve.

On another note - we're now broke again, so please donate if you have any money lying around. Every little bit helps.

forum hosting is paid up for another year.

now we can focus on making some improvements around here. if anyone has ideas then they should be prepared to pay for them as we're almost out of money again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom