It's always five o'clock somewhere

:ThankYou::applause::bounce2::cheers::worthy::roll::laugh1::whee:

1979-Nixon-beer.jpg

Got a bottle of Balvenie Doublewood 12 for Christmas from the pops. My definite go to Scotch.

balvenie_12_doublewood.jpg

I've expanded the collection pretty well recently. Have a Doublewood 17 I just cracked for the SEC Championship game, and was lucky to actually find a bottle of the Balvenie Tun 1509 Batch #1 this month still unsold to put in hibernation.

Xmas present from a neighbor(not my pic.) She always gives me booze. Great neighbor. I like the taste with an ice cube or 2.

anh73gN.jpg

She also gave me a bottle of this appr 5 years ago. The ONLY thing that I don't drink is gin..so it is sitting on my mantle in my study with other bottles of booze that I have collected during my travels:

fs9eWOo.jpg

I have become more a gin drinker as I've aged. Keep a bottle of Bombay for G&T in the summer, and some Plymouth on hand as well. Can get into nicer stuff for martini's when I get the itch.

I have become more a gin drinker as I've aged. Keep a bottle of Bombay for G&T in the summer, and some Plymouth on hand as well. Can get into nicer stuff for martini's when I get the itch.

Maybe I should just try it(Bols) with some tonic sometime. The last time I had gin, was in my teens.

Maybe I should just try it(Bols) with some tonic sometime. The last time I had gin, was in my teens.

That's what happened to me. Chugged a bunch of Tanqueray when I was 15 and hurled like a champ. Took like a decade before I could get back on board.

Get some good tonic and throw a lime in, and you'll probably be pleseantly surprised. Good in the hot months.

That's what happened to me. Chugged a bunch of Tanqueray when I was 15 and hurled like a champ. Took like a decade before I could get back on board.

Get some good tonic and throw a lime in, and you'll probably be pleseantly surprised. Good in the hot months.

With me, it was gin and OJ(not the football player.)
Didn't care for it.

My drink of choice is vodka. And my vodka of choice is Stoli. Picked this bottle up yesterday.

oLLEGef.jpg

Last edited:
Don't drink much Vodka, but when I do, I drink Stoli.

Wish that was the case with me. I bought that yesterday. Took it out of the freezer for the flick. You can see that I drank just to the top of the first gold strip....yesterday.

Wish that was the case with me. I bought that yesterday. Took it out of the freezer for the flick. You can see that I drank just to the top of the first gold strip....yesterday.

I do the same with Scotch. Every time I bring a bottle home I'm like "Ok, one dram every night or so, and this is a months worth". Then I'm back at the liquor store the following week.

There is a liquor "outlet" in the Village(NYC)...Warehouse Wines & Liquor. Right off 8th Street by NYU.
The stock dudes that work there know me.

The gin taste doesn't do it for me. But I will make it my biz to give it a go in 2015!
Remember - each gin is flavored differently. So if that particular gin isn't doing it for you than another might. Hendricks has a cucumber flavor, which makes a nice G&T with a slice of cucumber in it. Some other have fruiter more juniper flavors

^ True. Very much like a scotch, a wide array of flavor profiles. Plymouth is a very different drink than Beefeater.

Remember - each gin is flavored differently. So if that particular gin isn't doing it for you than another might. Hendricks has a cucumber flavor, which makes a nice G&T with a slice of cucumber in it. Some other have fruiter more juniper flavors

I'm not really a "flavored" liquor person. I see raspberry/blueberry/strawberry/etc flavored vodka, etc. I buy the standard stuff. Though the vanilla vodka w/sprite is not bad.

If I go with gin, I will go straight gin and tonic.

I'm not really a "flavored" liquor person. I see raspberry/blueberry/strawberry/etc flavored vodka, etc. I buy the standard stuff. Though the vanilla vodka w/sprite is not bad.

If I go with gin, I will go straight gin and tonic.

That's not what he means. Each one has a much different taste and composition. Not any berry bullshit.

Some of the booze that I have from my "World" travels:

7DOfc3I.jpg

(Cuban rum. Picked this up on my way home from the Caymans. The woman in the duty free said that customs may try to take it from me when I got to NY. I said, fuck it. The Cuban seal at the top broke off a few years ago.)

Y6QIaAI.jpg

(Vodka from Cairo. Me and my cuz drank this during our 2006 trip. Not bad. And since booze is not easily found..it taste better.)

zCsIO0W.jpg

(Gin from Amsterdam. Had this for close to 10 years. Not sure why I bought it. I wanted something "unique" I guess and Ketel is known more so for vodka in the US.)

dWyzO4v.jpg

(Rum from the Caymans. Can't tell you much. I went for work several years ago and was very sick the day I left. The company Dr had to give me a Z Pac hours before I left for the airport. I didn't drink really until 2 days later.)

6NOPZAE.jpg

(Dominican Republic staple. Great for pina colodas in the Summer. I have friends who are Dominican and ask them to bring me a bottle when they go back or family comes......hence this one is unopened.)

0AcOU1o.jpg

(Sang Som. Staple in Thailand and especially Bangkok. I literally only drink this and SE Asian brews when in Bangkok.)

9aO8GEa.jpg

(Friend got this for me when he went to Brazil for work. Can tell you anything about it other than it is a cool bottle.)

wIvO1Hy.jpg

(Picked this up when I was in Puerto Rico. Can't tell you much except it isn't Bacardi.)

xMRBCJQ.jpg

(Got this in Amsterdam at the Heineken museum-I believe. Unopened and looks very cool.)

I am not saying that the booze above is the best. But when I travel, I like to get somewhat "unique" booze from the country that I am in for display. Brings back memories just posting some of these. All unopened and just on my mantle.
I have loads more(vino, beer bottles, etc.)

My god! Drinking Duvel and whenever I drink it, it reminds me is a god amongst gods. Bow down to the god of beers!

ter1413 ter1413 so how many bottles of booze do you have? I'm starting up a wet bar at home and I'm trying to get a sense of how much people typically have.

QP2BJz7.jpg

(Bottle of beer from my trip to Belgium for a wedding with an ex-GF.)

bnmxMJg.jpg

(Some Molson Dry from when I was in Montreal for the jazz festival.)

gjse4ci.jpg

(Bottle of vino from Madrid. I brought back several and one especially for a chick at work who gave me many Madrid tips. I didn't get a chance to give her my tip!)

ywYhaNp.jpg

(The Bud or Thailand. Good stuff in the 90+ teams of Bangkok.)

YGfw3gc.jpg

(Not sure where I got this. If I were to guess, I would say Madrid.)

z6kHRsf.jpg

(Got this for a secret Santa a while back. Been tempted to open but I always seem to have a bottle of standard Stoli around.)

HxbqGjw.jpg

(Another Thai beer. Great stuff when dealing with the SE Asian heat.)

aCH3bpV.jpg

XVTuNjv.jpg

(Got these this Summer when me and a friend threw a huge BBQ upstate. We went to Costco or one of those big box stores up there. I noticed that there were 6 main cities on the front of each bottle. We bought appr 5-7 cases. I grabbed a bottle with each city before I came home. These are displayed on my desk in my study.)

ter1413 ter1413 so how many bottles of booze do you have? I'm starting up a wet bar at home and I'm trying to get a sense of how much people typically have.

I have a lot of stuff on display that is not for drinking. I generally just keep what I need. If friends come over, they always bring stuff...but I actually have MUCH more on display vs what I have available to just drink.

Just go with the basics:
Vodka
Gin
Rum
Whiskey
Gotta have some brews in your casa
Champagne
Etc.

Contrary to what it looks like, I really don;t have a huge stock.

Youi're clearly an alcnhohjlic, just staing apoing sir. May you all get fucked by Obama and his change.

No NO NO, the fuck you saying? You sayng I'ma lightweight? fuck you! That's racist. JI'm hispanic, I can drink mor than you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom